• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Minnesota won like 30 game a season while he was there right?  Why would you want that?

Because I have faith that this team schlenk is putting together far outweighs anything that was around love in Minnesota.

to me the talent is a lot better and the plus side though love contract isn’t the best we are still very flexible since bazemore and plumlee contracts come off the books 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

Cleveland don’t have an elite passer like Trae or a Amare Stoudamire like stud in John Collins like we do.

So you are admitting that the Hawks win because of Trae and Collins so why do we need Love?

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

So you are admitting that the Hawks win because of Trae and Collins so why do we need Love?

You make some of the strangest arguments. 

Why would the Hawks need ANY player if they win because of Trae and Collins?  LBJ, KD, Kawhi, Zion, none of them matter by your logic.  

The reality is if TS thinks Love would ADD to the team and make them better, then he should do it IF he can navigate the bad contract (I wouldn't do it, but I'm not the GM).  

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Did it help Cleveland?  If not, how would it help us?

Cavs have been a dumpster fire for many of his years there. Also Ice TrATL and J-Baps. Also I’m not in love with him. But he’s still a top 25 player in this league.

Because It’s not just about love... it’s also that we get pick 5 and keep 8....what the hell are we so mad about as hawk fans lol?

we get an opportunity to remake a former all star with young guys who has potential to be elite and love isn’t a locker room cancer ! He can be a very good solid vet around these guys and help them.

loves price is high but we are still developing this team and could potentially be remaking an all star instantly.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JTB said:

Because I have faith that this team schlenk is putting together far outweighs anything that was around love in Minnesota.

to me the talent is a lot better and the plus side though love contract isn’t the best we are still very flexible since bazemore and plumlee contracts come off the books 

Y'all got to start to connect the dot at some point...players win and lose for a reason.  It may not be evident to the average fan but facts are facts.  Horford has been in the playoffs every year in the league and it isn't because he has played with a bunch of superstars.  Love has not.  There are aspects of the game that Love's game that doesn't lead to winning so I'll have to strongly pass!

1 minute ago, hazer said:

Cavs have been a dumpster fire for many of his years there. Also Ice TrATL and J-Baps. Also I’m not in love with him. But he’s still a top 25 player in this league.

I don’t think anyone is in love with love . It’s just that some fans seem to hate this guy so much like he dated a Kardashian or something 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

The reality is if TS thinks Love would ADD to the team and make them better, then he should do it IF he can navigate the bad contract (I wouldn't do it, but I'm not the GM).  

When has TS stated that he wants to add Love?

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, hazer said:

Cleveland won a championship 2 years ago while love was out for the season so it ain't Cleveland

17 minutes ago, hazer said:

Love is also a rebound MONSTER. Between he an J-Baps the opponent may damn not pull ANY down .

no need to rebound if you're not missing. We wouldn't guard anyone with that lineup smh

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

When has TS stated that he wants to add Love?

6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Y'all got to start to connect the dot at some point...players win and lose for a reason.  It may not be evident to the average fan but facts are facts.  Horford has been in the playoffs every year in the league and it isn't because he has played with a bunch of superstars.  Love has not.  There are aspects of the game that Love's game that doesn't lead to winning so I'll have to strongly pass!

Minnesota is a horribly ran organization and once lebron left the Cavs after he made them do everything he wanted isn’t really loves fault either . What’s not smart to do is place judgement on a gm and franchise just because a specific player didn’t work somewhere else.

no one is saying hawks need love to make the playoffs it’s just an added bonus if he can stay healthy while we continue to acquire young assets and develop them into stars or strong role players. 

If this trade happens it’s not about love it’s about our cornerstone Trae young. This is his team and you give Trae as much talent as possible so that he can lead us to winning and getting to the playoffs and far beyond.

its about Trae (and Collins) and how they lead us.

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Cleveland won a championship 2 years ago while love was out for the season so it ain't Cleveland

• Premium Member

Y'all heard Love's name from some sensationalist News outlet with no confirmations and the board goes crazy dreaming of scenarios where Love somehow helps the Hawks.  Some even think that Schlenk somehow was the source.  My official stance on Love is that he is not good at basketball overall.  He may have a few skills but overall he is a liability.  Plus he is old and expensive.  awhile back y'all were scoffing at the idea of bringing Dedmon back but celebrate a Love trade for assets?  Just beyond comprehension

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Y'all heard Love's name from some sensationalist News outlet with no confirmations and the board goes crazy dreaming of scenarios where Love somehow helps the Hawks.  Some even think that Schlenk somehow was the source.  My official stance on Love is that he is not good at basketball overall.  He may have a few skills but overall he is a liability.  Plus he is old and expensive.  awhile back y'all were scoffing at the idea of bringing Dedmon back but celebrate a Love trade for assets?  Just beyond comprehension

Plus, he gets hurt often. I would be shocked if he's coming here.