• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

And lo, there was peace in Hawksquawk...

Sothron

• Premium Member

There's only one thing that's got me chirping a little, and that's that Schlenk did trade essentially for some light-bill money with that 44th pick... and if people think we should be kicking ourselves for Quinn Cook finding himself on the outside looking in back-when... there's a decent chance we're going to be regretting that move big-time in a couple of years when Bol emerges as a DEN weapon... could/shoulda/woulda been us instead.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
53 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I was reflecting upon this last night. This is the first time since the 60 win miracle season that this board is pretty much happy and content with the direction of our franchise. That does include myself which may mildly surprise some of you. Our team has an outstanding young superstar type player in Young. We have that multi All Star type player in Collins. We just added two wing players that could be the multi positional threats a former GM dreamed of having but never produced.

We have a GM and coach we all seem to believe in. We have a TON of cap space after this season to go after free agents.

There is nothing to be negative about as a fan of the Hawks right now. I know it will not last but for now I am going to enjoy the good karma on this site.

:good: AGREED!

However, someone will find something to complain about!

Wether it be trading too much to move up, trading the 2 later 2nds for future picks and cash, or picking another player at another spot or which UDFA we didn't sign for SL. 

Just the way of the world!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:good: AGREED!

However, someone will find something to complain about!

Wether it be trading too much to move up, trading the 2 later 2nds for future picks and cash, or picking another player at another spot or which UDFA we didn't sign for SL. 

Just the way of the world!

Not me. You won’t hear 👂🏽 a peep outta me until February trade deadline. In schlenk we trust for free agents too. I’m just gonna keep my yap shut... to the delight of many no doubt. 😆 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I was thinking the same thing the other day...  It seems like there's a general universal approval right now.  Like, has anyone expressed dissatisfaction with our draft or the direction of the franchise currently?  Even the fans on social media are buzzing. 

Personally, I don't understand my own feelings right now 😅 Hunter and Cam were the bottom two on my wing list and we ended up with them both.  I should be disappointed right now, but I've never been happier with an ATL draft.  TBH, only the experience of 2008 playoffs ranks higher on my list.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

of-course.gif

Very used to the passive aggressive one' jabs by now, and chuckling to myself that that person would take offense at "someone" attempting to be "well balanced"... acknowledging all the positive and whatever negative there is, just as at other times, that someone acknowledged all the negative, but also whatever positive there was.

When people take jabs/shots, though, it just means they really aren't all that interested in a real adult conversation, and at the same time, not content to allow for the possibility that "someone" else's opinion about x, y or z might hold some merit, if not a lot.

*one's*

• Sad 1

There’s more intrigue around the league and amongst rival fans for a 29-but-should’ve-been-30 win Hawks Club (I’m still mad at Dre) than Ive ever seen for our 50-60 win squads.  

Yet I still prefer the Hawks to fly under the radar.  We don’t have any weird, unlikable, or bombastic personalities so I think we still can to an extent. Not looking forward to all the band wagoners who didn’t  have to endure Speedy Claxton getting rich for sitting on his duff or selecting Jon Koncak 5th (Hot Rod Williams 45th, let alone Karl Malone at 13, Mario Elie 166th!) Bruh I just learned we drafted Arvydas Sabonis 77th in that same draft and he oddly was drafted the next season by the Blazers.  We need to go ahead and sign General Schlenk to a lifetime deal out this bi.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

There’s more intrigue around the league and amongst rival fans for a 29-but-should’ve-been-30 win Hawks Club (I’m still mad at Dre) than Ive ever seen for our 50-60 win squads.  

Yet I still prefer the Hawks to fly under the radar.  We don’t have any weird, unlikable, or bombastic personalities so I think we still can to an extent. Not looking forward to all the band wagoners who didn’t  have to endure Speedy Claxton getting rich for sitting on his duff or selecting Jon Koncak 5th (Hot Rod Williams 45th, let alone Karl Malone at 13, Mario Elie 166th!) Bruh I just learned we drafted Arvydas Sabonis 77th in that same draft and he oddly was drafted the next season by the Blazers.  We need to go ahead and sign General Schlenk to a lifetime deal out this bi.

Agreed. We can’t be despised like the Warriors. We need to grow organically and have everyone love us. Actually, on second thought, people talk $hit anyways so who gives a crap. It’s our Fkin turn.

HAWKS!

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I think the way we played to end the season had tongues wagging. Now that we 'hit the draft' for Six (that's a Cricket term) people are seeing the added potential for what we could be in the not too distance future.

I read 2 different stories by 2 different writers on CNN/SI.  One gave the Hawks an A on all three picks which made it an A for the entire draft.  He was very pleased.

The other nerd gave us an F.  Why?  He didn't get who he wanted the team to draft.  He thought they should not have moved up for #4, believing Hunter would have been there at #8 or the Hawks would have selected his choice.  He blasted the getting rid of the two second round picks, then having to give future 2nds to grab our center.  You just can't please everyone.

I know that our three draft picks can't possibly be as great as I think they are, can they?  Please tell me that they are !!

:cool:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

I read 2 different stories by 2 different writers on CNN/SI.  One gave the Hawks an A on all three picks which made it an A for the entire draft.  He was very pleased.

The other nerd gave us an F.  Why?  He didn't get who he wanted the team to draft.  He thought they should not have moved up for #4, believing Hunter would have been there at #8 or the Hawks would have selected his choice.  He blasted the getting rid of the two second round picks, then having to give future 2nds to grab our center.  You just can't please everyone.

I know that our three draft picks can't possibly be as great as I think they are, can they?  Please tell me that they are !!

:cool:

Nerds 🤓 

🤣 that’s awesome Gramps! Love it.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

The other nerd gave us an F.  Why? 

You tell 'em Gramps, lol.

Neeeerd, good one.

• Like 2

For the last twenty or so years of my career we have gone completely digital and I have been told several times that if your not a nerd, you really are a nerd. I took the hint. Paychecks count for a lot. Not gonna say anything about sports writers though since their bias seems to consistently run wild.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, sturt said:

of-course.gif

Very used to the passive aggressive one' jabs by now, and chuckling to myself that that person would take offense at "someone" attempting to be "well balanced"... acknowledging all the positive and whatever negative there is, just as at other times, that someone acknowledged all the negative, but also whatever positive there was.

When people take jabs/shots, though, it just means they really aren't all that interested in a real adult conversation, and at the same time, not content to allow for the possibility that "someone" else's opinion about x, y or z might hold some merit, if not a lot.

*one's*

Um...what?