• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Vegas Hawks season wins as of now...

Spud2nique

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I already put $115 on Hawks over 34.5. I think it reaches 37 by October.

How does this work?  If the line shifts to 37 do you still win if the Hawks win 35?

2 hours ago, enrique said:

That is a safe bet IMO. I think 37-40 is there probably landing spot when all is done.

I was thinking we win 44 and the 6th seed but I think 34.5 gives me some wiggle room. Essentially 35 really there’s no halves obviously 🙄 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

We had an expected W/L record of 27 - 55 last year based on point differential. An 8 game improvement there seems pretty reasonable. Of course, Hawks' fans are going to place the team higher than that, but as an objective projection goes this is sensible. Our playoff season that most posters on here are dreaming about hinges on the fate of rookies, second-year players, and a lack of injuries to John Collins and Trae Young. Yes, if everything goes our way we should win around 40 games and challenge for a playoff spot. But if we are being realistic it isn't often that everything pans out like that. 

6 minutes ago, enrique said:

Well now you might definitely get that wish😳

Baze going to Portland

I heard. I was in the gym working like Omari and got the news. I’m guessing Turner has an exporting contract after this season. He better. I’m not a big Turner fan tho 😆 Dude is getting better but can’t shoot threes.

35 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

there’s no halves obviously 🙄 

You are right about that! So vegas thinks we willl have a 5 game improvement over last year. If anyone else thinks we go up more, now is the time to dive in. 

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know if the Turner trade helps or hurts us yet. 

It probably helps on playing time for our young wings. Might provide some form of backup PG (although that is a 1/3 full glass of water).

Hurts on our culture, defense, 3pt shooting, hustle and bench celebrations  

Keeps next year's list of expiring contracts at the max level however. Not sure how we don't get a 2nd round pick or something else with it. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know if the Turner trade helps or hurts us yet. 

I’m worried 😟 now. I’d personally rather not have Evan Turner in my roster at all. I’d possible give up a future asset to get rid of him.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m worried 😟 now. I’d personally rather not have Evan Turner in my roster at all. I’d possible give up a future asset to get rid of him.

I downgrade our expected wins after this trade.  But Schlenk can cut him for free to no need to give up an asset.  Better to send him home and keep him on the roster as filler for a big trade.

• Like 1

Either way we were going to have cash from one of them after next season. Or maybe barter at the trade deadline. Still...cash is King when dealing with the cap. We look real good cash wise after next season.

10 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Either way we were going to have cash from one of them after next season. Or maybe barter at the trade deadline. Still...cash is King when dealing with the cap. We look real good cash wise after next season.

Not totally sold on that.  If we are competitive at the trade deadline (slotted for a playoff slot), there is a good chance we trade one or more of those expiring deals for a player that helps us on a longer deal.

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Not totally sold on that.  If we are competitive at the trade deadline (slotted for a playoff slot), there is a good chance we trade one or more of those expiring deals for a player that helps us on a longer deal.

Like who for example? 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, thecampster said:

Your trade options just got limited by this deal.  While Baze has been tossed around as a possible trade piece for contenders the last few years, Turner hasn't.  No team would want Turner for the post-season in a 3 way deal given the way he has played in the post-season.  He shot 32.6% from the floor last year in the post-season and was benched by the Blazers.

• Like 1

Don't think Travis is really thinking playoff seeds as much as Pierce developing our guys who are at an age where they could still be in Junior College if they weren't outstanding roundball players. We are young and have some time to grow. 

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Unfortunately,  as much faith as I have in Travis regarding the draft, I have even less faith in his trading skills involving expiring contracts.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Unfortunately,  as much faith as I have in Travis regarding the draft, I have even less faith in his trading skills involving expiring contracts.

I would have love to get an average PG for Bazemore like Reggie Jackson but if this was the best offer on the table, Travis did what he was suppose to do.