• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Coach Bud wins Coach of the Year

Blunt91

Congrats to Coach Mike Budenholzer for winning Coach of the year for a 2nd time.   Coach Bud starting "choking up" at times during his acceptance speech.   He thanked everybody from his staff and coaches and owners to the Hawks Staff and players during his tenure here.   Coach Bud is a good dude no matter if he can not get his team " To the promise Land".

Edited by Blunt91
  • Like 3

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Coach of the regular season last year but coach of the playoffs? Nah!

All the awards going out right now like MVP, ROY, COY are all for the regular season.

Anyone notice his praise of ownership? I took that as a both true appreciation of Milwaukee's owners and backhanded stab at ASG (deservedly) and Ressler (not as much). 

I f&@k with Bud all day, but he gotta get Giannis a jumper yesterday or Bud U gonna lose some accreditation.  Unfortunately his staff just keeps getting purged.  Jenkins gets hired before Ham is floated around as a candidate tho?  How that happen?

• Like 2

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, frosgrim said:

Anyone notice his praise of ownership? I took that as a both true appreciation of Milwaukee's owners and backhanded stab at ASG (deservedly) and Ressler (not as much). 

I think you have to thank your owners in this type of situation.  Maybe omitting thanks of Hawks ownership after thanking some within the Hawks organization shows that.  But he stuck it to ownership really directly last year so I don't think this is some secret attack.

11 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I f&@k with Bud all day, but he gotta get Giannis a jumper yesterday or Bud U gonna lose some accreditation.  Unfortunately his staff just keeps getting purged.  Jenkins gets hired before Ham is floated around as a candidate tho?  How that happen?

I don't know how strongly Ham really wants to be a Head Coach. I can't remember if it was Chris Vivlamore or Michael Cunningham made the remark during Schlenk's search for a Coach that they could see Darvin Ham as a career assistant coach.  They stated they could see him being perfectly fine in that role for the rest of his coaching career.   Ham could be another Kenny Smith, in that Kenny Smith has stated multiple times in the past years about wanting to be a GM, yet he still sits behind the desk on Inside The NBA till this day.

Edited by Blunt91

On 6/25/2019 at 10:04 AM, Gray Mule said:

Guess we can be happy for him.  After all, he is still on the Hawks payroll!

One of our own, isn't he !!

Should be happy for him I guess but its like slamming sour grapes into the ground. The way he left with all the money you know.

• Like 1

Bud was going to win this thing with the win/loss turn around for the Bucks; but I bet a lot of votes would have went Nurses way if the voting took place after the finals. In hindsight, the way Nurse kept Leonard rested all season turned out to be masterful when the minutes piled up in the playoffs.

Bud won the regular season but Nurse resting Leonard for 22 games probably handed Bud the award and best regular season record on a silver platter.