• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Where's Boogie gonna sign? The Jump folks just saying he may be on line for a 1-2 year "Show Me" deal. 

LAL or LAC I think.

Also of note, per Twitter, Iguodala to get buyout and sign with Lakers.  Meh.

• Like 1

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

So the Heat and Knicks will never be good again? Well...about 5 years minimum.

Noticed basically every one of those deals is two years.  I think they will be looking to clear space and try again then.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Where's Boogie gonna sign? The Jump folks just saying he may be on line for a 1-2 year "Show Me" deal. 

I would love to get Boogie on a one year show me deal. If he does, we gave him the chance and maybe we get 1st crack at him. He put up decent numbers in 30 games. Even if he is never as explosive as he use to be, he still knows how to play. Maybe he can remake himself and be a better version of a more traditional center.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I would love to get Boogie on a one year show me deal. If he does, we gave him the chance and maybe we get 1st crack at him. He put up decent numbers in 30 games. Even if he is never as explosive as he use to be, he still knows how to play. Maybe he can remake himself and be a better version of a more traditional center.

Boogie would be a terrible addition... we are not needing the scoring but a rim protector ... he is not a good locker room guy at all.  Stay away 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, AHF said:

Noticed basically every one of those deals is two years.  I think they will be looking to clear space and try again then.

Actually, 1+1 with team options in 2nd year, all except Randall. So they'll be expiring contracts so the deals themselves aren't bad.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

There is this back up Center who was last on Phoenix...He only played 17 minutes per game but he blocked 1.1 shot per game.  He isn't a 3 point shooter...Yet but he looks like he is worth a look.  His name is Richaun Holmes.  Anybody ever see him play?

• Premium Member

This is his profile coming ut of college

Strengths: Strong, athletic big man who operated mainly out of the post, though flashed potential in other areas … Near prototype PF size, has measurables that should have him on par with standard NBA big men … One of the NCAA’s premier shot blockers over the past three seasons, great timing and ability to contest … Strong over his left shoulder, with a nice hook shot and some ability to create solid position with the dribble once he has the ball close … Did considerable work on his body during his time at Bowling Green … Showed much more of a jump shot as well, as he even made his way out to the long range at times his senior season, going 18-43 (41.9% 3PT) … Also improved his FT shooting from low 60’s as a sophomore to over 70% his last two seasons … Showed some nice things in the pick-and-pop, plus has some potential in the pick-and-roll as well … Does run the floor pretty well for a big man, gives good effort getting up and down the court … Solid rebounder, very willing to fight for position, seeks contact on the box out … Was dangerous off of his own misses as an offensive rebounder, plus having the ability to play above the rim certainly did not hurt … Managed to average more blocks than fouls, which is a sign of his not being too wild in looking to swat shots … Figured out better shots to take during his 2nd season as a high usage player, was much more efficient in his senior year than the year previous … Active and focused defender, seems to relish that side of the ball, provides teammates help and gives genuine effort to contest shots where most might give up … Showed some potential in defending the pick-and-roll, does well to hedge screens and makes sure he has a hand in the shooters face ...

18 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Boogie would be beloved in Atlanta.  I'd take him on a 1 + 1 deal.  If people cheered for Pero Antic, they'll cheer for Boogie.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, kg01 said:

LAL or LAC I think.

Also of note, per Twitter, Iguodala to get buyout and sign with Lakers.  Meh.

Why are there so many doormat teams in the league?  Like so many teams do things to only benefit their competition.