• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Boogie would be beloved in Atlanta.  I'd take him on a 1 + 1 deal.  If people cheered for Pero Antic, they'll cheer for Boogie.

Cousins looked like the worst center in the league last year...I would have taken Robin Lopez over that guy.

34 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Boogie would be beloved in Atlanta.  I'd take him on a 1 + 1 deal.  If people cheered for Pero Antic, they'll cheer for Boogie.

Nah.  Boogie on a prove-it deal means a lotta selfish play by Boogie and a lotta developmental fallback for the guys we wanna keep.

28 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Cousins looked like the worst center in the league last year...I would have taken Robin Lopez over that guy.

This pretty much proves that you didn't watch Cousins at all last season.  16 pts - 8 rebs - almost 4 asst - in just 25 min a game during the regular season.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This pretty much proves that you didn't watch Cousins at all last season.  16 pts - 8 rebs - almost 4 asst - in just 25 min a game during the regular season.

His defense was freaking awful!

4 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Paging Steve Hawes and Scott Hastings.... ....

Wasn’t around for Hawes but known him as Spencer’s dad but Hastings. Indeed I remember Scott. The now color guy for the Nuggs.

Update: 

Kawhi is talking to Masai, they are working on plans for the future. Right now, KL is leaning to LA. His team is EXTREMELY leaning to LA but Uncle Dennis and KL like the Raptors and they really like Masai but it seems highly unlikely KL stays. Even his girl wants to go back home. Just too many people even if KL and Uncle Dennis likes Toronto as a team. Not so much the city tho which was another issue. Guys just don't like Canada like that even if they love Toronto. The TV channels, the banks, just the little things but he does believe in Masai. That's a fact. 

If I had to guess, it's likely 95% Lakers but I give 5% to Masai to work his magic. I just think they would have to be the Los Angeles Raptors to get him. 

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Just how many games do you think they’re going to win?

I was prepared to predict 38-40 wins but now that it looks like we are going have a make shift front court, I'm back down to about 34 games because we will get murdered in the paint once again while being a worse rebounding team than last year.  Our shooting and perimeter defense will improve accounting for a few extra wins but the wins will not be consistent because of our front court.  You can also count on numerous injuries to John and other front court players.  If Vince is resigned, I'll decrease the win total down to 30-31.

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I think Cousins will sign in LA, NY, or with Dallas once all the smoke clears. Rajon Rondo, Danny Green, Marcus Morris, Kelly Oubre, and Cousins to name a few are probably waiting on Leonard. The earliest I can find for one our signings under Sclhenk is Dedmon; which happened on  July 11th 2017. All the moves for Carter, Linsanity, and Len happened later than that.

Unless there is a trade offer Schlenk cannot say no to, we are going to be waiting another 10 - 14 days folks.

28 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Just how many games do you think they’re going to win?

More than 29 😬

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If I had to predict the EC playoffs: 

1. Boston - They will give it all to the regular season and will see the reward. Kemba will be the All Star game starter and either 1st or 2nd team All NBA.

2. Philly - Too many missed games from Embiid and Horford for load management

3. Bucks - They will use the bench more and Giannis less as the ultimate goal is a title. A fully healthy GA in the playoffs is the goal. 

4. Orlando - They will win the Southeast and break 50 wins. Top defense in the NBA this year. I still think they will be in the running for Kyle Lowry should he come available for trade if KL walks. If so, I will move them up to 2 or 3. 

5. Hawks - I think our style, tempo, talent, fit and Trae will wreck havoc in the NBA this upcoming season. Expect two All Stars and watch for Cam Reddish to breakout in the 2nd half of the season as one of our top 3 players. 

6. Nets - Not sold on them as much this year. At the end of the day, they kinda got lucky the east was tanking so badly and beat up on the teams they were suppose to beat and lost to the others with ease. I like Kyrie but his fit? No. Jordan has regressed but that said, they will be a better playoff team. I think they are the lower seed to avoid. 

7. Pacers - I like them a lot more than I rated them last year but like them a lot more last year than this year. They lost some critical players in T. Young, D. Collison, and BB while adding players I am not as high on outside of Malc. I think they will be worse even if by talent, they got better. The idea of Brodgon/VO is like D'Lo/Steph, sounds good but.... I personally feel, they took two steps up in talent and five steps back in fit. 

8. Bulls - I expect the Heat/Hawks/Nets/Pacers/Pistons to be in this range but I don't like Miami even with the Butler trade. They moved too many players and they just don't have great depth but Miami does have Butler so you can't count them out and they will look to make as many moves as possible. The reason I have the Bulls even though I don't like their leader is a rookie PG is the fact that they have the best good backups of all of the lower end teams. Soto and Thad Young are legit, especially Young. They like Atlanta looked like a completely different team in the 2nd half of the season and their starting five is just too good in my eyes. I think they will make the playoffs even with the lost of Robin Lopez. 

DET still in the same tier but like last year, meh. 

The others are tankers. 

• Like 1