• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Goodbye OKC 2022 1st round pick

sturt

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Dang. So unfortunate.  I still hate protections but I guess they are necessary to get deals done. The further in the future they are the less likely they seen to convey in the best manner possible. Or so it seems. 

Both upside and downside down the line.  Lots of unknown.  On the whole, less likely to convey since teams can (and do) deliberately manipulate their record to keep their pick.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Both upside and downside down the line.  Lots of unknown.  On the whole, less likely to convey since teams can deliberately manipulate their record to keep their pick.

Obviously if the trade is next years pick you at least ha e a pretty good idea what the team will look like. No guarantees but you can feel somewhat confident short term. Long term trades, like you said, just give teams time to manipulate or just fir time to run its course a la okc.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Both upside and downside down the line.  Lots of unknown.  On the whole, less likely to convey since teams can deliberately manipulate their record to keep their pick.

Maybe Schlenk can be like. "Presti, my man, you got about 10 picks coming from the Clippers. Let's be reasonable here."

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Dang. So unfortunate.  I still hate protections but I guess they are necessary to get deals done. The further in the future they are the less likely they seen to convey in the best manner possible. Or so it seems. 

You don't hate them if you're team is trading the pick. It wont be long before we become buyers.

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 2

Wonder what kind of trade market and value Westbrook has.  Maybe reunite him and Harden down in Houston?  

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We can still use the pick in trade just like we did the Cleveland pick.

The question is, was it worth it to get rid of Dennis? If your answer is Yes, then......

We did them a big service unloading Carmelo.  While we can still use the pick in a trade the real question is how much trade value it carries.  Probably slightly more than a second rounder.

On 7/6/2019 at 1:33 PM, High5 said:

Trading for that contract is only worth it if Westbrook puts you over the top for a championship and I don’t think that’s true for any team. Maybe someone will be dumb/desperate enough to try.

Pistons and Rockets lame front offices yeah but I can’t see the Miami rumors.  Westbrook is a historic NBA athlete who’s never made All Defense.  Spo would absolutely hate him.

On 7/6/2019 at 1:24 PM, Alex said:

Wonder what kind of trade market and value Westbrook has.  Maybe reunite him and Harden down in Houston?  

👌🏻.

• Like 1