• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, AHF said:

We've got a side bet on this so please let us know at the end of the draft!

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m gonna bet Bird picks more lw3 guys than AHF. Just a hunch.

@lethalweapon3

Pascal Siakam, Malcolm Brogdon, Dewayne Dedmon, Joe Harris, Dejounte Murray, Deandre Hunter

@AHF

Otto Porter, Lauri Maakenan, WCJr, Jarrett Culver, Sekou, Luke Kennard

It's a bloody tie - unbelievable.

How many picks left?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@lethalweapon3

Pascal Siakam, Malcolm Brogdon, Dewayne Dedmon, Joe Harris, Dejounte Murray, Deandre Hunter

@AHF

Otto Porter, Lauri Maakenan, WCJr, Jarrett Culver, Sekou, Luke Kennard

It's a bloody tie - unbelievable.

How many picks left?

I think you have two @JayBirdHawk. Those of us with picks in this round still have three.

• Like 1

It's like Warmart/Kroger in Atlanta the night before a "snowstorm". The shelves are empty, everything has been picked over. But even still, we soldier on. 

His game is solid and he is developing still , but this pick is largely for the morale of the team, as with his pleasant personality and boyish good looks he can bring a smile to anyone's face. 

. Image

OVVsF1Lb_200x200.jpg

Cedi Osman!

• Like 3

I am swinging for the fences here and chasing the franchise ( Spurs ) that picked this player vs where he was picked in the 2019 NBA Draft. With the 140th pick in the Dynasty Draft the Flocking Buzzards select Keldon Johnson. Johnson had a decent NCAA Freshman season which included being named the SEC Coaches Freshmen of the Year; but ended it on a disappointing note in the NCAA Tournament. His two biggest plusses are his size to possibly play both wing poitions and his potential 3 point shooting prowess. This late in the draft, I feel like he is worth the risk. Please welcome to the Flock, Keldon Johnson!

D08fS-jXgAAPyZw.jpg

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

With the 141st pick in the Dynasty Draft the Flocking Buzzards select Coach Quin Snyder. I like this Coach and think he is great with teams like mine who are young and need development. He took over a Utah squad back in 2014/15 that was for all intents and purposes in a tear down mode. Since taking over, he has suffered only two losing seasons and has brought his young Jazz team into prominence with his hard nosed leadership. I think he is one of the best young defensive minded coaches in the league, if not the best. Please welcome to the Flock, Coach Quin Snyder!

Related image

@bleachkit is up and sent a PM.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 3

I guess it's time for a coach. Generational talent aside, the man has actually done a real fine job, winning three championships in five years. His calm demeanor belies a fiery, never-say-die competitor. He is also a firm believer in moving the ball on offense, and good effort and communication on defense (groundbreaking, I know).  STEVE KERR

Steve-Kerr-dd.png

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

A reminder that among the remaining 18 picks will be 4 coaches, selections forthcoming over the final two rounds from:

AHF

capstone21

LucastheThird

pimp

~lw3

I think what @bleachkit and I did was almost required to have a good lot to pick from. The pickings will be slim as heck once it gets down to my last pick of 160. I was surprised Kerr and Snyder were both available and I had a really hard time deciding between the two. 

In the end, I just thought my team being almost four to five years younger per starter than what Kerr took over with Curry, Klay, and Draymond would make him a crazy man. Probably put him back in the hospital or at least on home rest 🤣 Snyder is already a madman and pretty use to it dealing with his Jazz team.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think what @bleachkit and I did was almost required to have a good lot to pick from. The pickings will be slim as heck once it gets down to my last pick of 160. I was surprised Kerr and Snyder were both available and I had a really hard time deciding between the two. 

I wanted Snyder actually, but when you picked him Kerr was the obvious choice. Sure beats taking Jim Boylen or James Borrego at the end of the draft.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I wanted Snyder actually, but when you picked him Kerr was the obvious choice. Sure beats taking Coach B and Coach C choices at the end of the draft.

With only 10 teams picking, you can still get a top ten coach. But I wanted a deep lot to choose from; so sooner was better than waiting until 160 and the last coaches pick for sure.

Take out your name drops 🤣

Edited by Buzzard

Just now, Buzzard said:

With only 10 teams picking, you can still get a top ten coach. But I wanted a deep lot to choose from; so sooner was better than waiting until 160 and the last coaches pick for sure.

Yes I know, I was just using the most obscure, unproven NBA coaches to emphasize the point.

We should have a Summer League Tourney on Y2K. We take 6 of our last player picks, five starters. one bench, and @Spud2nique loads them in. My team as a example would be:

100 - Jaxson Hayes

101 - Rui Hachimura

120 - Collin Sexton

121 - Harry Giles III

140 - Keldon Johnson

160 - Bench player still left to be picked.

I like my Summer League Team. Probably would not win many NBA games, but we could push for a Summer League Championship!

Edited by Buzzard

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

We should have a Summer League Tourney on Y2K. We take 6 of our last player picks, five starters. one bench, and @Spud2nique loads them in. My team as a example would be:

100 - Jaxson Hayes

101 - Rui Hachimura

120 - Collin Sexton

121 - Harry Giles III

140 - Keldon Johnson

160 - Bench player still left to be picked.

I like my Summer League Team. Probably would not win many NBA games, but we could push for a Summer League Championship!

Wait, why the last 6 picks? Why not get our main dudes in.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Wait, why the last 6 picks? Why not get our main dudes in.

I assumed you were going to do that one. I was thinking for a change of pace, a summer league one with our last pick filler used as the starters.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I assumed you were going to do that one. I was thinking for a change of pace, a summer league one with our last pick filler used as the starters.

I think I loaded once a few years back. I normally don’t even create a player I just run games as regular teams but that would be cool.

13 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I think I loaded once a few years back. I normally don’t even create a player I just run games as regular teams but that would be cool.

I am sure I remember you doing one season a while back. I think AHF won it. I think I came in 4th or 5th but per someone, you, LW3? , I had the best outlook four to five years later. I think you had some help but do not remember the other member.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1