• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

46 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

With the 117th Pick in the Twelfth Round of the 2019 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, Lethal Nas X selects:

usa_today_13050459.0.jpg

Summer League! Makes me feel fine! Long as we’ve got MVP Brandon Clarke (Power Forward/Small Forward, 6’8”, 210 lbs., Age 23 as of 10/1/2019) on the pine! Oh, Summer!

Have the Isley Brothers done a Soul Town Road remix? Seems like they’re the only artists left who haven’t done so yet, and Seals and Crofts are nowhere to be found. No matter, I’ve fallen behind on write-ups and will catch you up on both J-Lamb and Vancouver B.C. soon, the latter in this spot right hurr.

@capstone21’s next pick will be worth the wait. He has been PM’d like Dawn and he’s up next!

~lw3

Where’s the LOVE 💗 button! Love this pick. In fact, we...well not me anymore, we’re discussing this guy, my boy lol on another thread. 

Nice pick he’s gonna be fun for ur squad!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We would have gone Cam Reddish at #8, Tyler Herro at #10 and Brandon Clarke at #17. I wouldnt  mind that draft one bit.

Ooooohhh. Bright future for all three it seems. Hoping Hunter shows out now too.

Edited by Spud2nique

With the 120th pick in the Dynasty Draft the Flocking Buzzards select Collin Sexton. The knock on Collin is he is to short and he does not pass enough. He may not grow anymore physically; at 20 years old he has plenty of time to improve his game. Right now, I only need him to be a scoring microwave for my team and so far he has proven that type of potential is there.

He ended up with 16.7 PTS on .430/.402/.839 line for 2018/19. And similar to Trae and Zach, he kicked ass at the end of the season; scoring 22.4 PTS with a .510/.447/.839 line for the 15 games in March. If that is not enough, he is a Georgia kid. Born in Marietta and played at Pebblebrook HS.

Its a guard driven league and I am getting loaded for bear. Please welcome to the Flock Mr. Collin Sexton.

collin-sexton-c19580233a101812.jpg

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 3

With the 121st pick in the Dynasty Draft the Flocking Buzzards select Harry Giles III. This pick is for pure upside with a lot of risk mixed in; but I think this late in the draft makes for a good measure of risk/reward. Harry only averaged 7.0 PTS 3.8 TRB, and 0.4 blocks but he had some games last year that made a future front court of he and Bagley reminiscent of the twin tower days. This included a season high 20 point outburst against the Hawks. He displayed some real potential in February and March when he averaged 8.3, 5.0 and 9.7, 4.6 in less than 19 minutes a game. Please welcome to the Flock Harry Giles III.

1041612102.jpeg&c=sc&w=3200&h=2133

@bleachkit is up and has been sent a PM.

Sorry @AHF but I was not going to wait around let you snag him this time.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

With the 120th pick in the Dynasty Draft the Flocking Buzzards select Collin Sexton. The knock on Collin is he is to short and he does not pass enough. He may not grow anymore physically; at 20 years old he has plenty of time to improve his game. Right now, I only need him to be a scoring microwave for my team and so far he has proven that type of potential is there.

He ended up with 16.7 PTS on .430/.402/.839 line for 2018/19. And similar to Trae and Zach, he kicked ass at the end of the season; scoring 22.4 PTS with a .510/.447/.839 line for the 15 games in March. If that is not enough, he is a Georgia kid. Born in Marietta and played at Pebblebrook HS.

Its a guard driven league and I am getting loaded for bear. Please welcome to the Flock Mr. Collin Sexton.

collin-sexton-c19580233a101812.jpg

I remember him playing at Pebblebrook. He was really good, no one could stop him. Most NBA players dominate in high school of course.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

With pick #122, I'm going with Taurean Prince. Good shooter, prototype small forward. Still has upside. Also well liked by his teammates. If one of the mods could put a Taurean photo in my post that would be much appreciated.

I was really on the fence with Prince. I could have flipped a coin it was so close on my last two picks. His 3PT shooting and efficiency is underrated in my opinion. Nice pick this late.

@capstone21 is up.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I was really on the fence with Prince. I could have flipped a coin it was so close on my last two picks. His 3PT shooting and efficiency is underrated in my opinion. Nice pick this late.

@capstone21 is up.

He should have all the opportunity to excel in Brooklyn.  He needs to make some changes to his approach but the tools are all there.

• Like 1

• Moderators

With the 124th Pick in the Thirteenth Round of the 2019 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, Lethal Nas X selects:

screen_shot_2018-10-09_at_10.43.39_am.pn

You’ve gotta do just a little more than *that* to become a decent “Point” Guard, Dejounte Dashaun Murray (Point Guard, 6’5”, 170 lbs., Age 23 as of 10/1/2019). I’m just thrilled that, at your young age, you’ve already got the “Guard” part down pat pretty well!

As good as he is on that end of the floor, I can guarantee Brandon Clarke that he will not become the youngest player ever to earn a nod on the League’s All-Defensive teams. That is because Dejounte Murray, who was born just miles away on the exact same birthdate, already holds that prestigious honor, and the latter did it over a season ago, placed on the Second-Team All-Defense squad in 2017-18.

Sorry, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and De’Andre Hunter. Looks like you and Clarke will all have to compete for second-fastest to the pin.

With no more Hall of Fame-bound veterans in front of him on the depth chart, 2018-19 was supposed to be the big breakout season for Murray. That was before a crippling ACL tear in a preseason game ended the fun before it could officially start.

Now on the LNX, there is no reason to rush Dejounte. Not with the depth of quality defensive guards waiting in the wings behind Kemba Walker. Instead, much like Clarke, Murray will have time to enhance his offensive game, where fans have seen just enough glimpses to feel confident about the road ahead post-recovery.

Murray’s last big splash came against a Splash Brother. In Game 4 of the 2018 Playoffs’ opening round, he sank all three of his triples in the first half to help his team pull off a resounding 13-point upset of the eventual League champions. This, from a guard who previously made just 9 threes, on 34 attempts, through 81 games of that regular season.

Dejounte has the quickness to fluster PGs and SGs alike, but not the girth to hold his own in the paint. He remains strictly a perimeter-defending PG at this point, but he has also shown ample growth as a passer to be entrusted when needed to guide an offense.

During his rookie season, he became the youngest member of his franchise to score at least 24 points in a game, breaking the aforementioned future Springfield honoree’s team record. His first-year games were highly interspersed with D-League assignments. Yet in his sophomore season, Dejounte’s assist/turnover ratio rose from 1.3 to 1.7. He took over the starting gig in mid-season and offered his team confidence in bidding their longtime legendary ballhandler adieu.

Packing on some more pounds will aid in Murray becoming an even better rebounder than he is already. It is likely he will soon eclipse a double-double in points and rebounds per 36 minutes, a rarity among pro guards, as he nearly did while starting just half the season in 2017-18 (13.5 points, 9.5 rebounds per-36).

His offense will come along, but it was his defense and rebounding that was sorely missed last year. Team-oriented website Pounding the Rock cited a League-high 64 occasions last season when Murray’s team, without him available, surrendered 20 or more points to guards.

Those instances included James Harden’s 61-point masterstroke back in March, followed just days later by Kemba Walker’s 38-point, 11-assist victory in one of his last great moments in purple-and-teal. Those aren’t events that anyone around Alamo City wishes to remember.

Murray and Clarke are just the last two representatives of The Big Bet that LNX is wagering – specifically, that we’ve got the whole “Chicken or Egg?” conundrum figured out. Lately, the League’s roadside has been littered with former offense-only superstars, reputations tarred and feathered, crying Fowl, hoping against hope for a return to past glories and the days of 30-plus-percent usage, or just some chicken-scratch minutes with a dusty spot on a bench somewhere. Instead, we’re sandbagging young players that already possess strong defensive chops.

The Big Bet is going All-In on Defense First as the Egg, and a Faberge one at that. With quality coaching and development under Nick Nurse’s watch, a focus on improved ball movement and shot mechanics, and with in-game perimeter assistance from the likes of Walker and Joe Harris, the youngsters’ offensive talents should reveal themselves in due time, as they seemingly have for veterans like Jeremy Lamb, Dewayne Dedmon, former Most Improved Player Jimmy Butler, and reigning Most Improved Player Pascal Siakam.

Omelette you finish, but with the still-emerging defensive stalwart Joel Embiid leading the way into the future for LNX, a half-decade from now, we’d be proud to have Egg on our faces! Who’s up for some Nog?

Get ready for some High Voltage! @IheartVolt’s next pick will get us 80% through ((EDIT: ixnay on the 80% part, it's the New Summertime Math ~lw3))… he has been P to the M’d!

~lw3

• Like 4

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

With the 124th Pick in the Thirteenth Round of the 2019 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, Lethal Nas X selects:

You’ve gotta do just a little more than *that* to become a decent “Point” Guard, Dejounte Dashaun Murray (Point Guard, 6’5”, 170 lbs., Age 23 as of 10/1/2019). I’m just thrilled that, at your young age, you’ve already got the “Guard” part down pat pretty well!

My write-ups are like Tyler Herro’s waves, I’m still getting them together. After I finish up Brandon Clarke’s piece, I’ll get right on his Brandon's Fellow Birthday Boy in this section here.

Get ready for some High Voltage! @IheartVolt’s next pick will get us 80% through… he has been P to the M’d!

~lw3

Would have loved to have taken him with my last pick but couldn't take a 4th PG.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

My write-ups are like Tyler Herro’s waves, I’m still getting them together. After I finish up Brandon Clarke’s piece, I’ll get right on his Brandon's Fellow Birthday Boy in this section here.

Get ready for some High Voltage! @IheartVolt’s next pick will get us 80% through ((EDIT: ixnay on the 80% part, it's the New Summertime Math ~lw3))… he has been P to the M’d!

~lw3

Are you able to see my queue? 😆 

Nice pick. 2019 all nba defensive 2nd team. He’s a baller ⛹️. Long lanky and entering his prime.

• Like 1

With our next pick The Flaming Flamingo's is going to grab some youth at the SF position. While he played 21 mins a game last year our front office is expecting a large increase in playing time for this young man and a solid jump in production

MILESBRIDGES

Charlotte Hornets
FOLLOW
2018-19 SEASON STATS
  • PTS
    150+
  • REB
    150+
  • AST
    150+
  • PER
    150+