2019 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

• Admin
6 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I don’t understand how Domantus Sabonis is still on the board.  Hence Capstone’s crew is fixing that.  We are getting this skilled big man who will play center or power forward for us.  We get scoring / rebounding and play making from our big.  His D isn’t the strongest but he will be surrounded by defenders so that won’t be an issue at all.  We are excited to get him.

@lethalweapon3 is up

Ditto only change that to Dario Saric

• Like 3

• Moderators

With the 104th Pick in the Eleventh Round of the 2019 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, Lethal Nas X selects:

jeremy-lamb-kemba-walker-1024x685.jpg

1*9DLNDT08MI8q66wqwXVDQA.jpeg

UConn’t pull the wool over my eyes! I cannot believe that, not only is Jeremy Emmanuel Lamb (Shooting Guard/Small Forward, 6’5”, 185 lbs., Age 27 as of 10/1/2019) still available **triple checks draft board first**, but he’s reuniting with Kemba once more! Geez, they're as inseparable as a polyester blend. Together, they can’t be bleat!

Jimmy Butler is one of just 19 SGs/SFs to have both Offensive and Defensive RPMs in the black. Jeremy Lamb is the last guard under the age of 30 to clear that bar, so his fullcourt balance will prove useful for the LNX backcourt for years to come. Then, there’s that Fit thing again.

There’s no question whether Lamb would blend well with point guard star Kemba Walker in the LNX backcourt. We know this because Lamb and Walker have been together for many years, first in Connecticut and later in Carolina.

While he has not been relied upon as a playmaker for others, Lamb doesn’t turn the rock over much, as his sterling 2.2 A/TO ratio and 6.8 TO% (7th-best in League, as per bball-ref) demonstrates. The 2-man duo of Lamb and Walker were +2.3 per 100 possessions, best among units logging 1500+ minutes on a team that fell a few games short of .500 last season. They can offer better ball-control when playing with a high-TO center in Joel Embiid.

Jeremy was, near inexplicably, demoted to a sixth-man role in the middle of last year in the Queen City, ostensibly to entrust a lotto rookie forward with more playing time as a starter. Yet he embraced and thrived in both roles, starting a career-high 55 games and notching career-bests in PPG and RPG.

Lamb’s shift to the bench allowed defenses to burrow in on Walker as the sole reliable scoring threat at the outset of games, but Kemba won’t be as stressed with the infusion of talent across the LNX top line. Supporting the come-up for Shai Gilgous-Alexander, Jeremy will be paired often this season with Malcolm Brogdon as the two pick up the Pace for the backcourt reserves. Between the two, opponents would rather foul Lamb, but he still has the free throw accuracy (88.9 FT%, 6th in League last season) to make them pay.

When more perimeter offense is needed, Lamb can spell Butler and shift to a small-ball SF option alongside Joe Harris. Jeremy’s own confidence in shooting well beyond the 3-point arc has surged over the years, as a couple LNX members, not just Walker, can personally attest.

Nick Nurse and Pascal Siakam remember quite well the 48-foot bomb that buzzer-beat their team in regulation back in March, his second time defeating them at the final horn last season. They’re relieved he’ll be doing stuff like that for their side going forward.

In all, Lamb provides flexibility and stability at the swingman positions and fits well with the roster as constructed. The young veteran in his past two pro locales has learned to find his niche while playing alongside scoring-star point guards.

Whether his game will continue to grow to the point that his selection, at this stage of the Dynasty Draft, could be characterized as a “fleecing” remains to be seen. Wake up, sheeple!

Get on up! @IheartVolt stays on the scene, like a Drafting Machine!

~lw3

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

With the 104th Pick in the Eleventh Round of the 2019 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, Lethal Nas X selects:

jeremy-lamb-kemba-walker-1024x685.jpg

1*9DLNDT08MI8q66wqwXVDQA.jpeg

UConn’t pull the wool over my eyes! I cannot believe that, not only is Jeremy Emmanuel Lamb (Shooting Guard/Small Forward, 6’5”, 185 lbs., Age 27 as of 10/1/2019) still available **triple checks draft board first**, but he’s reuniting with Kemba once more! Geez, they're as inseparable as a polyester blend. Together, they can’t be bleat!

As far as The Man Mookie Blaylock's Band Named a Song After, his game’s not all that baaaaaaaaad. In fact, holy sheep, it’s veally, veally good! Find out why by sticking around here for a long-winded paean to arrive a little later. That is, if you're a mutton for punishment.

Get on up! @IheartVolt stays on the scene, like a Drafting Machine!

~lw3

The Pacers are underrated by miles. They have the firepower to keep up with the Sixers and Bucks in my opinion. Great pick.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2019 at 7:28 PM, IheartVolt said:

With pick number 105 of the draft The Flaming Flamingo's are looking to pad out SF position in a thinning field. Luckily for us we found a do it all Swiss army knife to back us up!

This Aussie is not gonna put up huge scoring numbers but does a multiple number of things on the court to help his team in a time of need. He can even play point forward if needed. 

JOEINGLES

Utah Jazz
  • HT/WT
    6' 8", 226 lbs
  • DOB
    10/2/1987 (31)
  • STATUS
    Active
FOLLOW
2018-19 SEASON STATS
  • PTS
    126th
  • REB
    150+
  • AST
    29th
  • PER
    150+

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

7 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

His passing is what I hope Huerter brings to the table one day. You just hurt someone's feelings with this pick.

• Like 1

Just now, Buzzard said:

His passing is what I hope Huerter brings to the table one day. You just hurt someone's feelings with this pick.

Well my apologies Mr/Mrs Hurt feelings person.. All sincerity

• Haha 1

That second unit is deceptive in how good it is.. No real big names except Paul but lunch pale type of guys. I like how my team is shaping up

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

That second unit is deceptive in how good it is.. No real big names except Paul but lunch pale type of guys. I like how my team is shaping up

They are all proven starters unlike mine. I could have some holes with Kuzma, Hachimura. and Hayes. SF is always tough to fill so I reached a little and hope they can develop. Same for Hayes at center. It is all good and this has been a pretty fun draft.

• Like 1

The wait is finally over. The green room is finally empty.
You can here the fans chanting his name.

With the next pick of the draft, the Atl Air Force selects
Bol Bol

Averaging 21 points, 9.6 rebounds, and 2.7 blocks per game while shooting 52% from beyond the arc. 
Bol’s offensive skill set and fluidity at his size immediately jump out. He has soft hands 
and has the reach ,and athleticism to be a nearly unstoppable dive man in the pick and roll.
He has incredible shooting touch. In his nine games at Oregon Bol converted on 52% of his 25
3-point attempts and 75.7% of his 37 free throws. He’s a threat in pick and pop situations and
has the handle to get to mid range spots and hit pull-up jumpers and floaters .
Defensively, Bol inherited his father’s shot blocking prowess. The son of Maunte Bol blocked 3.6 shots
 per 40 minutes in his time Oregon. Given Bol’s length and athleticism, that should translate
 seamlessly to the NBA level. Some people have compared him to Kevin Durant , and Porzingis.
so it works out nicely that Bol Bol will have both as his teammates.

Some had called Bol Bol a unicorn.That nickname is already taken. So starting now,i'm calling Bol Bol 
" the Pegasus"

@AHF 

Edited by pimp
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, pimp said:

The wait is finally over. The green room is finally empty.
You can here the fans chanting his name.

With the next pick of the draft, the Atl Air Force selects
Bol Bol

Averaging 21 points, 9.6 rebounds, and 2.7 blocks per game while shooting 52% from beyond the arc. 
Bol’s offensive skill set and fluidity at his size immediately jump out. He has soft hands 
and has the reach ,and athleticism to be a nearly unstoppable dive man in the pick and roll.
He has incredible shooting touch. In his nine games at Oregon Bol converted on 52% of his 25
3-point attempts and 75.7% of his 37 free throws. He’s a threat in pick and pop situations and
has the handle to get to mid range spots and hit pull-up jumpers and floaters .
Defensively, Bol inherited his father’s shot blocking prowess. The son of Maunte Bol blocked 3.6 shots
 per 40 minutes in his time Oregon. Given Bol’s length and athleticism, that should translate
 seamlessly to the NBA level. Some people have compared him to Kevin Durant , and Porzingis.
so it works out nicely that Bol Bol will have both as his teammates.

Some had called Bol Bol a unicorn.That nickname is already taken. So starting now,i'm calling Bol Bol 
" the Pegasus"

@AHF 

I think the biggest positive is who traded for him. Denver is extremely good at drafting talent and developing their players.

• Like 1

• Moderators

While we think our starting lineup gives us a super strong base to compete right now, Ashley knows sometimes you also have to be thinking about the future.

035f42254e430cadfac0df4eaef4c01c.jpg

So what is the perfect spot on our depth chart to insert a development project for our future?  We are looking at the wing where there is promising swingman who can learn the ropes behind James Harden for the immediate future while being good enough to contribute to the rotation right away.

He stands 6'7'' with a nice 6'10'' wingspan and 8'4.5'' standing reach.  While he is a solid athlete, the appeal is driven even more by his All-American production and demonstrated high end BBIQ on both ends of the floor.  He projects as a plus scorer and plus defender but also has the passing and dribbling skills necessary to become a secondary playmaker which fits into our team structure of plus passers.

We also know he wouldn't get back to us if we don't take him now in the draft which works out just fine for us because we think this is a significant value based on this draft position and his potential upside. 

With the 107th pick, the U-Niques select:

Jarrett Culver

Image result for jarrett culver gif

Image result for jarrett culver gif

He may not end up as a leading the league in anything one thing (few players do) but he projects to be an all-around contributor who could end up as a plus in every category.  Guys that versatile are tough to find.  Welcome to the team, Mr. Culver!

@LucastheThird is on the clock

• Like 3

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I'll take a risk/reward player here and hope that he heals from his injuries better this year.

DEMARCUS COUSINS

@JayBirdHawk is back up next

Like the upside with this pick a lot.  He had limited minutes but strong play in those minutes last year.  He was next in my queue but I figured Spud was 100% certain to grab Culver and SG was a bigger need for me than center.

On 6/19/2019 at 12:30 AM, Spud2nique said:

Culver is the jewel 💎 of this draft. Trae and Culver in the ATL. I can already see it. All star backcourt for years.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, AHF said:

Like the upside with this pick a lot.  He had limited minutes but strong play in those minutes last year.  He was next in my queue but I figured Spud was 100% certain to grab Culver and SG was a bigger need for me than center.

🤣 I still believe he will be really good. Now though, I’m hoping Cam is gonna be better. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Jay's CrapBirds:  Select SF Justise Winslow.

PG: Kyrie Irving, Russell Westbrook,
SG: Victor Oladipo, Lonnie Walker
SF: Josh Richardson, Justise Winslow
PF: Jarret Allen, Jonathan Isaac
C: KAT, Bam Bam

Coach: Gregg Popovich

@Spud2nique is up.

• Like 4