• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

🤣 I still believe he will be really good. Now though, I’m hoping Cam is gonna be better. 

Is there a chance he would have made it back to me?  With your "draft for the future" strategy this year, I'm still thinking the answer is "no."  

BTW, I'm 100% with you on hoping for Cam > Culver.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Dynasty Draft After Dark? Or, After Dawn?

@Spud2nique's 9-hour window (8+1) ended at 10:52 PM Eastern, so either Spud or @JayBirdHawk can make picks at this point.

If it goes into the morning without either picking, JayBird's Draft Clock lasts until 2:53 PM tomorrow.

~lw3

• Like 1

Lots of basketball players start out playing various different sports and my next pick is no different.

He grew up playing a variety of sports, including soccerhandball, and tennis, and was also involved in breakdancing.[6][7] He did not start playing basketball, the last sport he attempted, until he was 11 years old.[7] He credits his soccer experience for improving his coordination as a basketball player.[5]

He has good size, amazing skill and a tough work ethic. He’s not a household name but will be soon enough. If he is good enough for the Spurs he’s good enough for the Spudsters.

With the next pick in the Squawk dynasty draft, the Spudsters select:

Luka Samanic

CUZ I GOT 2 LUKA’S BUT YOU AIN’T GOT NONE. IF YOU BATTLE ME BRING A SHOTGUN!

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 3

A young team like the Spudsters whose oldest player on the roster is Marcus Smart at 25 years old, need a young General to lead them into the next phase and beyond.

Some guys just bust onto the scene and they belong. People seem to like them because of positivity and hard work. They show it and it’s transparent. 

Our man of the hour was born in San Jose California in 1976, and coincidentally shares the same birth year as GM Spud.

Lloyd Pierce is a name to watch in the coming years. He was named by the most diverse set of sources, from technocratic execs to veteran players. They admire his gravitas and cerebral strategic approach, but also value his ability to establish trust with players from LeBron James to Dario Saric.He went to Santa Clara university and played with the legend Steve Nash.

I think 🤔 I gave it away! 

The next pick of the Dynasty squawk draft, the Spudsters select:

Lloyd Pierce

@JayBirdHawk is now batting...

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Jay's CrapBirds:  Select SF Mikal Bridges.

PG: Kyrie Irving, Russell Westbrook
SG: Victor Oladipo, Lonnie Walker
SF: Josh Richardson, Justise Winslow, Mikal Bridges
PF: Jarret Allen, Jonathan Isaac
C: KAT, Bam Bam

@LucastheThird is up!

• Like 3

I'll take the ultimate pitbull of the NBA to round out my PG rotation.

PATRICK BEVERLEY

Monsters Among Men (GM: LucastheThird)

Point Guards: Mike Conley, D'Angelo Russell, Patrick Beverly

Shooting Guards: Klay Thompson, Gordon Hayward

Small Forwards: Paul George, Robert Covington

Power Forwards: Draymond Green, Paul Millsap

Centers: Nikola Jokic, Mitchell Robinson, DeMarcus Cousins

Head Coach: 

The lineup versatility is disgusting. I feel like I easily have the best defensive team.

@AHF is up next.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

PATRICK BEVERLEY

Head Coach: 

The lineup versatility is disgusting. I feel like I easily have the best defensive team.

@AHF is up next.

I’m a big fan of the pest. You do have a crazy D lineup with:

Bev/Klay/George/Dray/Mitchell Rob

😬 EEEEEKKKKK! Nice work.

• Like 2

• Moderators

With the 114th pick of the draft, we had one of our easiest selections.  At this point in the draft how many 20/10 guys are there left?  Well, there is a 27 year old who averaged 19.9 points on .594% TS%, 10.7 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 1.6 blocks per game after being traded to a new team last season.  He signed a new $15M/year deal with that team and looks primed to put up some huge numbers this season.  With Wendell Carter Jr. being a smaller center, it also makes sense for us to add a legit 7 footer coming off his age 26 season.  Just a great fit for us and we think a very safe bet for elite numbers into the foreseeable future.

On the advanced stat side it also looks great:

• 24.4 PER last season (5th consecutive season above 20)
  • 5th consecutive season of ~7 win shares per 75 games (he was injured for part of last year after a run of 8.2, 6.9, 7.6, and 7.9 the prior 4 years)
  • 4 top 20 rebounding years
  • 3 top 20 TS% & EFG% years
  • 3 top 20 WS/48 years

This becomes a very easy matchup play for us for backup minutes at C with WCJ playing the smaller Cs and our next pick matching up against the big men.  It is a flexibility that will afford both their best chance for success and help the team win in the process.  It also gives us more depth and flexibility at the PF spot.  

So easy, Ashley can flex those rotations around on one leg:

twisted-dop3b.jpg

And with this young man just having celebrated his 27th birthday, it means that he will be enjoying the absolute prime years of his career for the U-Niques.

Perhaps most importantly, he also gives us additional versatility with our beard swag lineup choices.

With the 114th pick, the U-Niques select:

Jonas Valančiūnas

1129714453.jpeg&

We'll make sure he doesn't do too much of this in practice to keep the peace as well.

jv-dunk-lebron.jpg

Jonas-Valanciunas-Dunk-Andrew-Bogut.gif

@pimp is on the clock

• Like 4

With the next pick , the ATL Air Force selects 
Caris LeVert  aka "
“Baby Durant 
1039496710.jpeg&c=sc&w=850&h=560

13.7 pts - 3.8 reb - 3.9 ast
Playoffs
21.0 pts - 4.6 reb - 3.0 ast

LeVert was averaging 18/3/4 before going down with the injury in Minnesota, and was showcasing an enhanced feel for the game, getting by his defenders off the dribble with more ease and great feel in the pick-and-roll.
He has a quick first step, but he isn’t going to try and blow by you, he rocks you back and forth, biding his time, and finishes with crafty head fakes and a deft touch inside..
LeVert showed in the playoffs, that when healthy he is a rising star in this league. 

PG Lillard - Lou Williams
SG : Durant - Buddy Hield - 
SF : Leonard - Demar DeRozan - Caris LeVert 
PF : Porzingis - Montrezl Harrell - Bol Bol
C   : Drummond- Mo Bamba

DrearyCalmAmericanwigeon-size_restricted

@IHeartAtlanta 

Edited by pimp
  • Like 3

With the next pick, The Flaming Flamingo's are looking for another big to help stretch the floor. This guy is one the more disrespected and under appreciated on this board. 

We are going back to center again and selecting a big man who I believe will have one helluva a season this year and have folks on this board asking wtf?

Alex Len

Oleksiy Len  Twitter: alexlen

Position: Center ▪ Shoots: Right

7-1250lb (216cm, 113kg)

Team: Atlanta Hawks

2018-19 SEASON STATS
  • PTS
    146th
  • REB
    87th
  • AST
    150+
  • PER
    115th

Edited by IheartVolt
  • Like 4

• Admin
2 hours ago, LucastheThird said:

PATRICK BEVERLEY

Head Coach: 

@AHF is up next.

U do have an excellent defensive team but it’s not easily the best

• Haha 3

• Moderators

With the 117th Pick in the Twelfth Round of the 2019 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, Lethal Nas X selects:

usa_today_13050459.0.jpg

Summer League! Makes me feel fine! Long as we’ve got MVP Brandon Clarke (Power Forward/Small Forward, 6’8”, 210 lbs., Age 23 as of 10/1/2019) on the pine! Oh, Summer!

Okay, so yeah, if you’ve scored around 17 points, and you can claim as many blocked shots on defense as shots you've missed on offense, the outcome of an individual game is probably going well in your team’s favor. But who pulls off such feats over the course of an entire season?

That would be Brandon Clarke of Gonzaga, via San Jose State. He is, literally, a can’t-miss prospect.

In his redshirt junior and final season with the Zags – 37 games, 117 blocks, 117 missed field goals. Oh, and he made some shots, too. In fact, a 68.7 FG% led not only his conference (as he did two seasons ago, before the Spartans’ sophomore transferred to Spokane), but the entire NCAA Division I in 2018-19. Only Shaq and The Admiral ever had a 35-point, 5-rebound game in March Madness. And neither of those guys had been 6-foot-8 in a long time when they did (nor did they have to waste anyone's time shooting threes).

Those are some pretty good laurels to rest on. But Brandon Clarke’s not into the whole resting thing. It’s why he’s an exception to the whole What Happens in Vegas rule. Mere weeks after being drafted #21 in the League’s Entry Draft, Clarke double-double’d enough opponents to win the Summer League MVP trophy.

He pulled off another impressive double in the finale, securing the Summer League Finals MVP trophy, too, with 15 points, 16 boards, and 3 obligatory blocks and 4 assists on his championship-winning stat line. Since the League started handing out two Vegas Summertime trophies in 2013, the incoming rookie is the first player to win them both.

He’ll be a worthy backup to the already energetic Pascal Siakam in the LNX frontcourt. His presence as a roving help defender will allow Joel Embiid and Dewayne Dedmon to focus more on securing rebounds and terminating opponent possessions.

While he and De’Andre Hunter offer up ample defensive versatility at the forward spots, there will be ample time for them to sharpen the skills behind their offensive games, which have been efficient only insofar as they play to their strengths. In Clarke’s case, he is a solid passer, but he must become a true triple threat by honing his perimeter jumpshot (26.7 3FG% last season at Gonzaga) and his free throw shooting (collegiate-best 69.4 FT% last season).

LNX coach Nick Nurse will be working closely with him and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander in the weeks to come. While Clarke was moved south of the border at the tender age of 3, he is a Vancouver native and just old enough to maybe faintly remember the Grizzlies playing there. The trio will have ample time to bond together as Team Canada, beginning in September, strives to earn its first-ever medal in nearly 70 years of the FIBA World Cup. Should they prove helpful in achieving that, hopefully, there will be no apologies.

@capstone21’s next pick will be worth the wait. He has been PM’d like Dawn and he’s up next!

~lw3

• Like 3
  • Haha 1