• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Both good picks but really like Okogie.

Wow that’s the most you and @kg01 have had in common since proclaiming E.T. the greatest movie 🎥 in the history of cinema! 

I kid of course. Ya I must admit I was surprised by Okogie’s confidence on a bunch of plays last year. He’s a barrel chested dude ala Harden imo. (Only comparing the chest barrel ness).

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Wow that’s the most you and @kg01 have had in common since proclaiming E.T. the greatest movie 🎥 in the history of cinema! 

I kid of course. Ya I must admit I was surprised by Okogie’s confidence on a bunch of plays last year. He’s a barrel chested dude ala Harden imo. (Only comparing the chest barrel ness).

You take that back and you take it back right now.  AH and I have nothing in common!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member

Jay's CrapBirds:  Select PF Rodions Kurucs

PG: Kyrie Irving, Russell Westbrook, Derrick White
SG: Victor Oladipo, Lonnie Walker
SF: Josh Richardson, Justise Winslow, Mikal Bridges
PF: Jonathan Isaac, Rondions Kurucs
C: KAT, Jarret Allen, Bam Bam

Coach: Gregg Popovich

@LucastheThird Go!

• Like 4

With 135th pick, the Atl Air Force selects
Nickeil Alexander-Walker
D_i5b6JWsAYKZ7R.jpg

He has a skill set where he can shoot the ball, defend, takes pride in his defense, can handle the ball, can pass, and has good vision . He’s just a really balanced basketball player. I think that’s going to bode well for him when the regular season comes around, having another guy who can make plays the way he can
Alexander-Walker earned vegas first team honors in summer league. While Memphis rookie forward Brandon Clarke claimed MVP honors, en route to the Grizzlies capturing the 2019 championship, among summer leaguers who appeared in at least four games, Alexander-Walker placed first in scoring (24.3 ppg), fourth in assists (6.0 apg) and third in steals (2.8 spg

PG: Damian Lillard - Coby White
SG: Buddy Hield - Lou Williams - Nickeil Alexander-Walker
Sf: Kawhi Leonard - DeMar DeRozan - Caris LeVert
PF: Kevin Durant - Montrelz Harrell - Bol Bol
😄 Porzingis - Andre Drummond - Mo Bamba

@IheartVolt 

• Like 4

With the next pick The Flaming Flamingo's are gonna dig deep for some shooting at the guard position. While suspect on defense, when this guy gets hot, well he gets damn hot! Can shoot the lights out while solidifying the bench with even more proven veteran leadership.

Without further delay

JJREDICK

New Orleans Pelicans
  • HT/WT
    6' 4", 200 lbs
  • DOB
    6/24/1984 (35)
  • COLLEGE
FOLLOW
2018-19 SEASON STATS
  • PTS
    48th
  • REB
    150+
  • AST
    121st
  • PER
    150+
  • Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m gonna bet Bird picks more lw3 guys than AHF. Just a hunch.

Every time he picks someone JBH wanted, Lethal calls it giving Jay the bird.  

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Every time he picks someone JBH wanted, Lethal calls it giving Jay the bird.  

I took a look at the overall picks and I think lw3 took most the guys I wanted over anyone else. 

JOEL EMBIID

SGA

BRANDON CLARKE

DEJOUNTE MURRAY

I has these guys around the general areas where lw3 swooped in and got them.

I think stocks of all 4 are headed upwards quickly. Embiid being the given if he stays injury free.

• Like 1

• Moderators

With the 137th Pick in the Fourteenth Round of the 2019 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, Lethal Nas X selects:

DzA4uRtUYAArxhv.jpg

Defense, Shmefense! There comes a time in every team’s life where you just gotta get some threes up, naw’mean? Hey, Terrence James Elijah Ross (Small Forward/Shooting Guard, 6’7”, 210 lbs., Age 27 as of 10/1/2019), you mind coming in off the bench and LTMF’ing every now and then? That would be great! You're such a Marvel doing that thing you do. Stay clear of homie with the Infinity Gems, though, if you don’t mind. He’s been in a real grouchy mood lately.

That’s 2013 Slam Dunk Contest champion Terrence Ross, to you! (We value our random trophy winners here in Lethalopolis) He has re-tooled his game over the years, and now he’s more fitting of a 3-and-D guy… that is, if the D stands for Dunks! Signed to a fresh new multi-year contract, T-Ross is bound to play a special role on LNX’s back line, in more ways than the obvious one.

There are a handful of young, impressionable players in the League who are already looking to bounce back, after a major injury setback short-circuited their developmental progress. It just so happens that a few of those players, like LNX guard Dejounte Murray, are alums of the University of Washington. All of them can look for sage advice from the former Huskie, Ross, on how to come out of the back end of rehab looking like a Dawg.

If you were going to predict, prior to the 2018-19 season, which Dynasty League player was going to become the first in history to hoist 200+ made threes without starting a single game, you probably would have overlooked the player whose non-displaced tibia fracture and MCL sprain, in November 2017, grounded him for the rest of the prior season.

Maybe people should have gotten the hint, way back in his second pro season. Displaying his unique ability to set a game to flame-broil, Ross dropped a 50-burger in a mid-season 2013-14 game. He tied a famous, iconic, as-yet-unsigned, and unDrafted Mandroid’s franchise record for the most points ever scored on behalf of the Canadian club at the time.

On his latest team, Ross didn’t play a whole lot of minutes with his starters, and proudly carried the offensive scoring burdens in lineups that you could tell would struggle in that area just from looking at them. Accompanying the PPG were career-highs in RPG, free throw percentage (a solid 87,5 FT%, 14th-best in the League, joining Malcolm Brogdon and Jeremy Lamb in last season’s Top-15) and true shooting percentage. In the process, he became the secret-sauce that propelled his team into the Playoffs for the first time in seven years.

Ball movement will be a problem for many Dynasty League clubs, and Ross will help his staying power in coach Nick Nurse’s rotations by passing the ball more effectively, although he does get his shots up quickly without turning the rock over (he joins Lamb and Jimmy Butler among LNX players with Top-20 best TO% in 2018-19). Like his new colleague, Lamb, he has the size to become a stops-producing plus-defender as a swingman, and it’s not too late to be working at improvements in that area.

Much like fellow net-flamer Joe Harris, Ross will seek to be a more consistent playmaker at playoff time. For a team that may struggle at times to run out in transition, Ross can turn on the old rim-running jets and could be a nice pairing at the forward spots with former T-Dot teammate Pascal Siakam.

Ross’ nightly heroics won’t be as necessary as he weaves in and out of much more talented Dynasty League lineups. Still, given the variety of talent among the reserve wings, LNX’s Ross, Lamb, Harris, and De’Andre Hunter have a chance at becoming a truly Fantastic Four.

Whenever our next Squawk GM makes a big Draft statement, it oughta be in ALL-CAPS. @capstone21 got the PM treatment and is up next!

~lw3

• Like 4

• Moderators

I'm glad we don't despise the PELICANS the way we do the Aints, Thanks to a late run, New Orleans is the new clubhouse leader with 8 player picks. They're followed by the HAWKS (7 players, 1 coach) and the NETS (7 players).

~lw3

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I'm glad we don't despise the PELICANS the way we do the Aints, Thanks to a late run, New Orleans is the new clubhouse leader with 8 player picks. They're followed by the HAWKS (7 players, 1 coach) and the NETS (7 players).

~lw3

This is more proof, as if we needed more, that its not depth that wins championships. It is having super talents at one, two, three positions then fill it in with questionable starter depth.

Edited by Buzzard