• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Preseason Game #2: Hawks vs Magic

JayBirdHawk

54 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He didn't look soft to me. He just looked small. Is it me or is John 235 again. He look like he lost some of his bulk from last season to move around the court better he looks too small again like he did as a rookie. 245 John was his perfect weight

I didn’t think he lost any weight but maybe he did. I’ve been paying close attention to his body language and he’s clearly not happy about how he’s performing. At one point I saw him with his head down and trae went up to him to speak with him like a leader should so that was good to see but I’m concerned about JC overall.....I believe he has too many offensive responsibilities added when he only should be responsible for what made him look very much amare stoudamire like last season.

i also can tell he’s very frustrated when he gets out muscled in the paint and often looking for fouls as well (something I didn’t see last season from him)...it’s definitely not looking like he can play center long term. Spot minutes sure depending on the opponent but it’s clear he’s a 4.

i definitely don’t agree with trading him but I do think schlenk is in over his head if he doesn’t think we need a starting center! Glad Bruno looked better yesterday compared to game 1. I think he should get a starting opportunity in preseason just to see how things go before the real season kicks off

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JTB said:

I didn’t think he lost any weight but maybe he did. I’ve been paying close attention to his body language and he’s clearly not happy about how he’s performing. At one point I saw him with his head down and trae went up to him to speak with him like a leader should so that was good to see but I’m concerned about JC overall.....I believe he has too many offensive responsibilities added when he only should be responsible for what made him look very much amare stoudamire like last season.

i also can tell he’s very frustrated when he gets out muscled in the paint and often looking for fouls as well (something I didn’t see last season from him)...it’s definitely not looking like he can play center long term. Spot minutes sure depending on the opponent but it’s clear he’s a 4.

i definitely don’t agree with trading him but I do think schlenk is in over his head if he doesn’t think we need a starting center! Glad Bruno looked better yesterday compared to game 1. I think he should get a starting opportunity in preseason just to see how things go before the real season kicks off

Everybody....Relax!

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member

Baby Defensive Steps

Defensively, the Hawks took some “baby steps,” in coach Lloyd Pierce’s words, after allowing the Pelicans 133 points. Atlanta held Orlando to 37.6 percent from the floor (29.4 percent from 3-point range) and showed better all-around effort on defense. The Hawks aim to hold teams below 25 points per quarter, which they achieved in the first (allowing 18) and third (allowing 24). DeAndre’ Bembry and Trae Young each had three steals.

Now can we be consistent.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Zion is a star it's just fact.  NO will be pretty good.  

He gotta show me he ain’t another flashy Michael Vick type that can give you all the highlights in the world, but can’t get it done when the pressure is on because his game is flawed and limited.

You’re not about to just be throwing down 30 points worth of dunks and layups in the playoffs. He’ll bring fans to NO alright, but will he bring wins?