• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How Badly do we need a Center???

Diesel

Sabonis is almost a perfect fit offensively, and I think he can stretch his range to the 3. Think he's a little underrated defensively too. I'd deal, say, Bembry and a pick for him. Nothing crazy.

Fwiw I think he's better defensively than Len

Edited by TheFuzz

1 hour ago, TheFuzz said:

Sabonis is almost a perfect fit offensively, and I think he can stretch his range to the 3. Think he's a little underrated defensively too. I'd deal, say, Bembry and a pick for him. Nothing crazy.

Fwiw I think he's better defensively than Len

Both can be true but the issue is next season, no one is paying Len more than 5 million per. Sabonis would get core money. 18-20+. That's a significant deal.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Both can be true but the issue is next season, no one is paying Len more than 5 million per. Sabonis would get core money. 18-20+. That's a significant deal.

Indy wants him back at around $15/$15 mil, he wants more $18-$20.

If he doesn't sign an extension, I'd just give him a RFA offer if we are interested.

On another note:

Jaylen Brown 4yr/$80 mil and Buddy Heild 4yr/$92 mil turned down their offers.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That is true, Len'll get $5 mil.

I just love the toughness and strength that Sabonis plays with, there's nothing finesse about his game.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 10/17/2019 at 8:49 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

I went searching the 'new country' interwebs for trade ideas for a Center with the following up for grabs:

Hawks still have approximately $5 million in capspace.
Expiring contracts of Chandler Parsons $27 mil (perpetually injured, had something done to both knees in offseason, again), Evan Turner $18 mil (I don't think he's the answer at backup PG) and Allen Crabbe $17 mil (he's rehabbing from knee surgery so hasn't played in preseason).

Available picks - BKN 2020, lottery protected for 3 years, OKC 2022 lottery protected for 2022, then 2 2nds.

I'd do this.

No sweetner needed, we are saving Cavs luxury tax payments of $9 mil

Until we know more about Huerter's injury, I'd pass.

I can get behind this in some form. Hawks won't trade any of the core group of young players for upcoming FAs.

I'd do this.

What say you Squawkers?

Continuing my search for a Center if the Hawks are humming by the trade deadline. Offerings still the same.

Expiring contracts of Chandler Parsons $27 mil (perpetually injured, had something done to both knees in offseason, again), Evan Turner $18 mil (I don't think he's the answer at backup PG) and Allen Crabbe $17 mil (he's rehabbing from knee surgery so hasn't played in preseason).
Available picks - BKN 2020, lottery protected for 3 years, OKC 2022 lottery protected for 2022, then 2 2nds.

Tristan Thompson (exp) for Turner and a 2nd - expring for expiring swap. 

Gorgui Dieng (1yr/$17) and lottery protected 1st for 2 years for Allen Crabbe. (Salary dump for Minny)

John Henson and Brandon Knight for Turner and Jones (expirings)

Harry Giles for  BKN and OKC 1sts. Throw in 2nds in needed.

Ibaka and Fred VanVleet for Parsons plus some sweetner (both are FAs so I wouldn't offer much, FVV is looking for a starting spot so I don't think he'll stick around).

This one gave me pause:

Jonas Valanciunas from the Grizz, currently on 3yr/$45 mil declining scale contract $16, $15, $14 mil. We passed on offering Dedmon 3 for $40 so why get JV for more? He is 26, 3 years younger than Dedmon.

Crabbe, BKN and OKC 1sts.

Does his style of play fit what we do?How's his defense?

Thoughts??

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Continuing my search for a Center if the Hawks are humming by the trade deadline. Offerings still the same.

Gorgui Dieng (1yr/$17) and lottery protected 1st for 2 years for Allen Crabbe. (Salary dump for Minny)

Ibaka and Fred VanVleet for Parsons plus some sweetner (both are FAs so I wouldn't offer much, FVV is looking for a starting spot so I don't think he'll stick around).

This one gave me pause:

Jonas Valanciunas from the Grizz, currently on 3yr/$45 mil declining scale contract $16, $15, $14 mil. We passed on offering Dedmon 3 for $40 so why get JV for more? He is 26, 3 years younger than Dedmon.

Thoughts??

Ibaka is a decent fit, I'd definitely do the Dieng deal.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I think Sabonis is worth that in a vacuum thanks to his offensive tools. For us? The Collins fit gives me some pause, but if they could be solid enough defensively they would destroy teams inside.

Edited by TheFuzz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This one gave me pause:

Thoughts??

Ibaka and Tristan Thompson appeal to me. 

1 hour ago, TheFuzz said:

I think Sabonis is worth that in a vacuum thanks to his offensive tools. For us? The Collins fit gives me some pause, but if they could be solid enough defensively they would destroy teams inside.

Two bigs where both have less than 7ft wingspan would remind us of Sap/Horf and Smoove/Horf but neither have the defensive chops of those guys

23 hours ago, marco102 said:

I'm thinking more luck of the lottery situation like LA this year.  I mean i'm like 100% sure it wont' happen because you know ATL sports and everything but I see us finishing anywhere from 8 - 12 and hoping for good luck in the lottery.

Some mock drafts have Wiseman going like the 7th pick, btw.

Didn’t know that. I thought he was sure top 3 pick....ya know if he plays well and all 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Two bigs where both have less than 7ft wingspan would remind us of Sap/Horf and Smoove/Horf but neither have the defensive chops of those guys

This is true, but those teams didn't have Trae, and I think Collins+Sabonis has more offensive upside. I'm not saying go all in on him but I find it VERY intriguing. I think Sabonis can do a lot of the things Horford does offensively as a 5, maybe even better. The defensive gap is wide of course.

• Like 1