• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How Badly do we need a Center???

Diesel

49 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

The question for me is do we make a run for Drummond in FA? Or we trade for Adams or Capela? I think that if we show we xan contend, Drummond would make us top 3 team on the east. Drummond + our young core with 1 year more + 2 picks + additional FA.

Young/FA/ Wallace/pick?

Huerter/Reddish/pick?

Hunter/Bembry

Collins/Parker/pick?

Drummond/Fernando/pick?

I didn't know Drummond was a free agent! However if so this changes things for me as I would certainly wait on Drummond over Adams. Drummond type centers still have a lot of value in this league if paired with the right type of players.

I understand everyone wants the modern day spacing the floor and every player on the court shoot a 3 but the truth is some just aren't that good at the 3 though they keep chunking up that shot like its efficient offense....actually not some but ALOT of players if you ask me.

But Pair Drummond with a PF like Collins who's a very good off ball and on ball screener that finishes at the rim and has good shooting ability along with attacking the glass for rebounds.....and give Drummond a elite point guard like Trae along with the shooters we have on this young team or will have as time goes on....and man we are in business! 

Drummonds scoring would instantly increase with Trae and he can avg 15 rebounds or more with any team in the league....then we have other young talents that has showcased playmaking ability that could get him involved other than Trae. Drummond makes too much sense in my opinion....I'm all over the addition of Drummond who's also young to come in with this young core. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You are correct, they are looking for salary relief, a young player with upside and a 1st round pick. Talk is that ask is too high. We have 2 1/2 of the 3 of their ask, we include Jones as the 'young player' just missing the upside :hehe:i

I like it. Send Crabbe, Jones or Len and their own pick. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Adams>>> Drummond (team success imo)

Our game is up and down the court with Trae so I couldn't agree more. Can you imagine Turner to Drummond during the game in the half court. We would be going back forty years in the playbook. Rather have some fun while winning games.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Our game is up and down the court with Trae so I couldn't agree more. Can you imagine Turner to Drummond during the game in the half court. We would be going back forty years in the playbook. Rather have some fun while winning games.

Definitely. Oh man that would be tough to watch. The only beef I have with Adams is why he didn’t get in Draymond’s face in 2016. He’s tough as nails and it’s one of the few times he’s backed down.

Other than that, rebounding on both ends, sets tough screens, team guy that plays D and isn’t a distraction. Almost a perfect 👌 fit minus the long distance stroke, he’s got a bit of the midrange but teams let him shoot that still a ton.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Definitely. Oh man that would be tough to watch. The only beef I have with Adams is why he didn’t get in Draymond’s face in 2016. He’s tough as nails and it’s one of the few times he’s backed down.

Other than that, rebounding on both ends, sets tough screens, team guy that plays D and isn’t a distraction. Almost a perfect 👌 fit minus the long distance stroke, he’s got a bit of the midrange but teams let him shoot that still a ton.

So am curious as to which pick to actually trade for that move with Adams because of the possible records for both Brooklyn and OKC. What would OKC's record be without Adams and Noels getting a ton of minutes. As in can Noels stay on the court. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

So am curious as to which pick to actually trade for that move with Adams because of the possible records for both Brooklyn and OKC. What would OKC's record be without Adams and Noels getting a ton of minutes. As in can Noels stay on the court. 

BKN's pick is protected 1-14 in 2020 thru 22 then 2 2nds.

OKC's pick is protected 1-14 in 2022, then 2 2nds

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

BKN's pick is protected 1-14 in 2020 thru 22 then 2 2nds.

OKC's pick is protected 1-14 in 2022, then 2 2nds

So we definitely trade OKC's back to them I would think if they are complicit which would be a serious decision from their end.

Will add that from their end would be surprised if waiting till 2022 for payback for Adams would be that interesting to them right now. Just a guess. 

• Premium Member

Trade Deadline idea depending on each teams record and playoff standing: Hawks are in the playoff hunt, Minny isn't.

Gorgui Dieng and Minny lottery protected 1st for 3 years w/ declining protections then 2-2nds for Damion Jones. (We have $5 mil in capspace so we don't need to match salaries)

Minny gets out of the last year of Dieng's deal at $17 mil. We get a better C than Jones and a 1st for taking Dieng's deal

Still leaves us with $50 mil in potential capspace for 2020 offseason.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trade Deadline idea depending on each teams record and playoff standing: Hawks are in the playoff hunt, Minny isn't.

Gorgui Dieng and Minny lottery protected 1st for 3 years w/ declining protections then 2-2nds for Damion Jones. (We have $5 mil in capspace so we don't need to match salaries)

Minny gets out of the last year of Dieng's deal at $17 mil. We get a better C than Jones and a 1st for taking Dieng's deal

Still leaves us with $50 mil in potential capspace for 2020 offseason.

Is Dieng even alive ... er, I mean, is he even playing this year?  I feel like I haven't heard anything about him since he got paid.

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's been awful but he had some decent games while KAT was out

That's kinda what I thought.  @JayBirdHawk, what's your fascination with this dude?  Handsize?  (hehe)

Now that it seems PHX is probably gonna stay relevant(ish) and Baynes won't likely come available, I'm content with standing pat unless something unexpected becomes available.

• 3 weeks later...