• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How Badly do we need a Center???

Diesel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

As lackluster as our Center situation is, I tell ya what. We need a wing much, much, much more desperately right now than a Center. 

I disagree from this perspective.  We need to feed minutes to Reddish and Hunter at some meaningful level for their development.  Hunter in particular seems good enough to contribute this season.  Huerter is coming back soon and once he is healthy he immediately becomes our best wing.  Bembry is a useful (if erratic) wing.  Crabbe and Turner are both capable of playing limited minutes on the wing.

There is enough there if Huerter gets healthy to be just fine for this season and there is a significant potential payoff for developing the youngsters.  

At center we lack any path to respectability this season and have only 1 guy (Bruno) with the potential to be more than an 8th man in a rotation some day on a good team.  

Huerter's absence really, really hurts the wing rotation.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

I disagree from this perspective.  We need to feed minutes to Reddish and Hunter at some meaningful level for their development.  Hunter in particular seems good enough to contribute this season.  Huerter is coming back soon and once he is healthy he immediately becomes our best wing.  Bembry is a useful (if erratic) wing.  Crabbe and Turner are both capable of playing limited minutes on the wing.

There is enough there if Huerter gets healthy to be just fine for this season and there is a significant potential payoff for developing the youngsters.  

At center we lack any path to respectability this season and have only 1 guy (Bruno) with the potential to be more than an 8th man in a rotation some day on a good team.  

Huerter's absence really, really hurts the wing rotation.

Even as a backup wing, Kevin made our bench a lot more respectable for spacing reasons. Right now, both units spacing is trash. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
Just now, NBASupes said:

Even as a backup wing, Kevin made our bench a lot more respectable for spacing reasons. Right now, both units spacing is trash. 

Kevin will help that immensely and, frankly, it is a good bet that Crabbe will regress (positively) to the norm some soon.  He is shooting 24% now but the worst season of his entire career is >35% from deep.  He is a very good bet to start hitting some 3's in the not too distant future.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Every minute I see of Bembry and Turner in at the same time is shaving off a month of life expectancy from me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Every minute I see of Bembry and Turner in at the same time is shaving off a month of life expectancy from me.

Called that one a long time ago.  Opponents will cheat off of those two all day and all night.  If you guard them outside of the 3pt arc, you are committing defensive malpractice.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Called that one a long time ago.  Opponents will cheat off of those two all day and all night.  If you guard them outside of the 3pt arc, you are committing defensive malpractice.

I'm giving LP a large dose of benefit of the doubt atm... but when I see that and/or VInce at PF I have second thoughts. 

We knew Parsons was just a mathematics move but now think Crabbe's part in all of this is the same. Should give him some credit because he did help facilitate a trade without consent but with apparently some attitude about it but then again he actually hit the court for us and I was pretty confident he never would so wow. Flu like symptoms and/or that kinda thing would keep some vets off the court you know. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Eddielives said:

I think we're missing Dedmon.  Not sure why he's stunk so bad in Sac-town but he was a stabilizing defensive factor for us.  Len kinda seems to have ridden his coattails a little bit.

Hard to say when Dedmon has been complete trash this season.

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 12/4/2019 at 1:07 PM, NBASupes said:

He fit what LP was doing with him. Walton just doesn't have much use for him

That doesn't explain him shooting under 23% from 3 this season.  He has been pretty hot garbage this year regardless of fit and function in the scheme.

• Premium Member
On 12/3/2019 at 6:58 PM, Eddielives said:

I think we're missing Dedmon.  Not sure why he's stunk so bad in Sac-town but he was a stabilizing defensive factor for us.  Len kinda seems to have ridden his coattails a little bit.

Perhaps it's just the fact he got payed and no longer cares. 

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

That doesn't explain him shooting under 23% from 3 this season.  He has been pretty hot garbage this year regardless of fit and function in the scheme.

It's a lot different. With Atlanta, his percentages weren't good shooting threes that weren't wide open. Everyone gets more open threes with Trae as attracts so much attention. 

Looking at his wide open numbers, those severely decreased. But 1.3 is a massive drop from 2.1. 

Edited by NBASupes

If all we want to do this year is be respectable and probably stay in the lottery, all we have to do is wait on Collins to return. If we want to try and turn a corner, getting someone like Adams would help out. With our youth, it was to early to say Trae does not have enough help; it is just to early to say he does as well.

Adams would probably be enough to make a run at the 8th seed while the others develop; but giving up on them now is a knee jerk reaction in my opinion. If Adams can be had with a pick or two and one expiring, I am all in. But not if it takes one of Collins, Huerter, Hunter, Cam.

Let Presti do his own scouting. I am good with Schlenk's.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Eddielives said:

Why would this be a justified belief?  Has he said anything or acted in ways I'm not aware of that would support this claim?

He's been terrible at every single facet of the game with his numbers falling off a cliff straight into the abyss the year after his first big payday. He wouldn't be the first player to take it easy after cashing in.

• Premium Member
On 10/9/2019 at 11:55 PM, Diesel said:

Sorry but Len Sucks and there's a long non-guaranteed wait on developing a Center. 

However, Steven Adams is available. 

Would you dangle Reddish out there in order to get Adams?

off top...  Reddish/Chandler for Adams/Bazley?

or maybe something with Len and Turner?

Ah Yes....  All the vitriol and hatred I received for this suggestion.   Where are we now??

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Ah Yes....  All the vitriol and hatred I received for this suggestion.   Where are we now??

That post was always trash and still is but the title of your thread was always a 10 and no one ever disagreed with that part.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

That post was always trash and still is but the title of your thread was always a 10 and no one ever disagreed with that part.

The post is looking better and better everytime we play.   Im patient.. I'll wait.   You know how it is on the squawk...  Sacred cows get pushed over.