• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How Badly do we need a Center???

Diesel

• Premium Member
On 10/24/2019 at 10:50 AM, kg01 said:

Towns is fool's gold for me.  Empty stat guy.  Doesn't play defense, which is what we need.  His quotes from the time Jimi and Thibs left MIN completely turned me off him.  Basically blamed them for everything, took no responsibility.

Also said winning wasn't the priority in MIN now (under Saunders).  Allowing the players to find themselves on/off the court or stte, is what they're about now.  He's never leaving that place.  It's a sawfft sleeping spot for him.

Don't tell Supes but I'm warming to the idea of adding *gulp* Tristan/Delle to sure up our 5/backup 1 spots.

I can't believe I just said that.

KAT is better than any player at his position outside of Anthony Davis. He isn't terrible on defense, better than what we have now on that end for sure. However, there is zero chance dude leaves Minny any time soon after signing that massive deal so it's a moot point. 

4 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

KAT is better than any player at his position outside of Anthony Davis. He isn't terrible on defense, better than what we have now on that end for sure. However, there is zero chance dude leaves Minny any time soon after signing that massive deal so it's a moot point. 

Debatable and, if he is, I doubt he'll sustain it.  Great start though.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He looks worse than Len with them. We need to trade for him ASAP 

Len is shooting 15% from 3 though 🤢

At least he has better hands than Len.

There was a reason we didn't want to sign him for 3 years. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Admin

We don't need a star player like KAT ... we just need a solid player who can come in and defend the rim get some rebounds and throw in some lobs from Trae.  I think we offer the Nets pick for Bamba ... they just gave Vuscevic a massive contract so Mo is always going to be a backup there.  He could be our starting center here and could  potentially grow with the team.  

The guy I really want is Myles Turner ...  I think he would be a great fit but would cost too much.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

We don't need a star player like KAT ... we just need a solid player who can come in and defend the rim get some rebounds and throw in some lobs from Trae.  I think we offer the Nets pick for Bamba ... they just gave Vuscevic a massive contract so Mo is always going to be a backup there.  He could be our starting center here and could  potentially grow with the team.  

The guy I really want is Myles Turner ...  I think he would be a great fit but would cost too much.

Orlando is not trading Bamba

I know this has been brought up ad nauseum, but Steven Adams just makes too much sense. He'd be perfect here and I'd be willing to send their own pick and Brooklyn's pick. One pick for Adams and the other for taking Parsons. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kg01 said:

I'd say the Kangz just doing Kang thangz.

ETA: And where are the people at that wanted to fite me about Caleb Swanigan?  I told y'all then that he wasn't an NBA player and, lo and behold, his option didn't get picked up either.  Where y'all at now?  Come at me, bro's.

Ooohhh ya big Caleb. I can’t remember if I was on board or not. I don’t think I thought good or bad of him. Is he still with the Blazers?

4 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I find it remarkable how the squawk always dismisses good players on other teams as empty stats guys or chuckers, or they aren't "winners." 

Like who?

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Orlando is not trading Bamba

Not like he's shown anything in games tho.

Just now, kg01 said:

Like who?

Not like he's shown anything in games tho.

Felonious Gru? I mean Bamba? Ya he actually hasn’t done anything. His stature is so impressive it’s actually keeping the Magic from trading him but he doesn’t seem to fit there. Having said that I question his motor now and his heart and love of wanting to play and play well.

But if we can get him for cheap let’s go for it. Beats handless Len.

3 hours ago, DS5 said:

I know this has been brought up ad nauseum, but Steven Adams just makes too much sense. He'd be perfect here and I'd be willing to send their own pick and Brooklyn's pick. One pick for Adams and the other for taking Parsons. 

I think OKC may have a sleeper in Noel; and Adams is bound to be moved sooner or later. Time will tell but in limited spots, Noel has played extremely well. He is even making free throws this season which is always a plus for a big man.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 3

Just don't see TS giving up a first rounder no matter whether it is mid or late round to get rid of Parsons. He only has 77 games left on the bench anyway and we saw what TS can do later in the draft this past June. Not saying Adams wouldn't help a lot but don't think TS would bring in an expensive future contract to secure playoffs this year. Think Adams gets 27 million next season. Then he could be gone. Believe we get to post season by a thread anyway, no more injuries though, please. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, DS5 said:

We aren't giving up a pick to move Parsons.

OKC may actually be looking to get off the final year of Adams' contract to get out of repeat luxury taxes so we gift them Parsons expiring deal this offseason.

15 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Just don't see TS giving up a first rounder no matter whether it is mid or late round to get rid of Parsons. He only has 77 games left on the bench anyway and we saw what TS can do later in the draft this past June. Not saying Adams wouldn't help a lot but don't think TS would bring in an expensive future contract to secure playoffs this year. Think Adams gets 27 million next season. Then he could be gone. Believe we get to post season by a thread anyway, no more injuries though, please. 

I don't think Adams' $27 mil mext year is a deal breaker. We can have $78 mil in capspace. Taking on Adams reduces that not even by half so we'd still have plenty of cap left. With the less than stellar FA class, I'd be ok with this move.

I'd willingly send OKC their pick back for Adams.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We aren't giving up a pick to move Parsons.

OKC may actually be looking to get off the final year of Adams' contract to get out of repeat luxury taxes so we gift them Parsons expiring deal this offseason.

I don't think Adams' $27 mil mext year is a deal breaker. We can have $78 mil in capspace. Taking on Adams reduces that not even by half so we'd still have plenty of cap left. With the less than stellar FA class, I'd be ok with this move.

I'd willingly send OKC their pick back for Adams.

In the end would be very surprised if that is all OKC wanted from us for Adams even with them wanting that contract gone. I know some rumors have suggested otherwise but I'll believe it only when I see it.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Thomas said:

In the end would be very surprised if that is all OKC wanted from us for Adams even with them wanting that contract gone. I know some rumors have suggested otherwise but I'll believe it only when I see it.

You are correct, they are looking for salary relief, a young player with upside and a 1st round pick. Talk is that ask is too high. We have 2 1/2 of the 3 of their ask, we include Jones as the 'young player' just missing the upside :hehe:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You are correct, they are looking for salary relief, a young player with upside and a 1st round pick. Talk is that ask is too high. We have 2 1/2 of the 3 of their ask, we include Jones as the 'young player' just missing the upside :hehe:

Would be good with that especially as long as that other stuff about giving up a first to rid ourselves of Parsons is not onboard. Maybe the Parsons thing was just a post, am getting a little confused about that one. Still wonder how TS is viewing things because he and LP in their pressers don't seem to show any real urgency in timeline in particular for this year. 

• Like 1

The question for me is do we make a run for Drummond in FA? Or we trade for Adams or Capela? I think that if we show we xan contend, Drummond would make us top 3 team on the east. Drummond + our young core with 1 year more + 2 picks + additional FA.

Young/FA/ Wallace/pick?

Huerter/Reddish/pick?

Hunter/Bembry

Collins/Parker/pick?

Drummond/Fernando/pick?

• Like 1