• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How Badly do we need a Center???

Diesel

Just throwing this out there, but the Hawks and KAT need each other.   What a performance last night.  Him and Trae would be an unstoppable tandem.  Fits perfectly with John too.  The only bad thing is when he wants out of Minny, because let's be real, he's going to want out if they don't start performing, we may have to give up one of our young wings. 

45 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Just throwing this out there, but the Hawks and KAT need each other.   What a performance last night.  Him and Trae would be an unstoppable tandem.  Fits perfectly with John too.  The only bad thing is when he wants out of Minny, because let's be real, he's going to want out if they don't start performing, we may have to give up one of our young wings. 

Towns is fool's gold for me.  Empty stat guy.  Doesn't play defense, which is what we need.  His quotes from the time Jimi and Thibs left MIN completely turned me off him.  Basically blamed them for everything, took no responsibility.

Also said winning wasn't the priority in MIN now (under Saunders).  Allowing the players to find themselves on/off the court or stte, is what they're about now.  He's never leaving that place.  It's a sawfft sleeping spot for him.

Don't tell Supes but I'm warming to the idea of adding *gulp* Tristan/Delle to sure up our 5/backup 1 spots.

I can't believe I just said that.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Towns is fool's gold for me.  Empty stat guy.  Doesn't play defense, which is what we need.  His quotes from the time Jimi and Thibs left MIN completely turned me off him.  Basically blamed them for everything, took no responsibility.

Also said winning wasn't the priority in MIN now (under Saunders).  Allowing the players to find themselves on/off the court or stte, is what they're about now.  He's never leaving that place.  It's a sawfft sleeping spot for him.

Don't tell Supes but I'm warming to the idea of adding *gulp* Tristan/Delle to sure up our 5/backup 1 spots.

I can't believe I just said that.

He played great defense last night, which is  what lead to my post.  He was moving his feet and blocking shots. 

NO NO NO to Tristan/Delle.  I'd rather stick with what we have. 

16 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He played great defense last night, which is  what lead to my post.  He was moving his feet and blocking shots. 

NO NO NO to Tristan/Delle.  I'd rather stick with what we have. 

I think when you factor in attainability, it becomes a more palatable option.  A guy like Towns is simply not attainable, even if you like him.

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I think when you factor in attainability, it becomes a more palatable option.  A guy like Towns is simply not attainable, even if you like him.

Oh you're 100% right here, but I don't want Tristian T or Delly NOva anywhere near this young team.

I don't think the Hawks will make the playoffs this year.  They will improve throughout the season, but it's pretty hard for a team this young to make it.  With that being said, if they happen to Luck into a top four pick, I'd take Wiseman and just develop him with the young core.  

I'd also take Steven Adam once his price tag drops, but to me drafting and developing a big man is the best options out of all considering where the Hawks are in their rebuild.  Towns was just my pipe dream and you know hoping and wishing..haha

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Brian Whindbag suggesting Capela and/or Adams may be available via trade at some point.

I already took that bullet for y'all.  Said stte they're not available right now … but they could be .. at some point.  TIFWIW

Just leaving this here...

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

well that link won’t upload right but Parsons/Turner for Adams/Schröder works and keeps us flexible in the short term of things. We won’t have the crazy cap this next off season but there’s not hardly any standout players anyways 

Edited by JTB

Even if we are talking strictly for this year am still feeling more and more "No". Next year our majority minutes C is Bruno. A quality team hustle guy at C with our developing squad is a very good thing. Not sure about the other minutes there of course. Think we drive towards the playoffs either way, fingers crossed.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JTB said:

Just leaving this here...

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

well that link won’t upload right but Parsons/Turner for Adams/Schröder works and keeps us flexible in the short term of things. We won’t have the crazy cap this next off season but there’s not hardly any standout players anyways 

Hard to see OKC throwing in the towel this early.  It does let them avoid ~$64M in future salary.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Brian Whindbag suggesting Capela and/or Adams may be available via trade at some point.

I already took that bullet for y'all.  Said stte they're not available right now … but they could be .. at some point.  TIFWIW

Capela isn’t going anywhere. Not this year.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Kings declined Giles' option IIUC.  Go get him for cheap?  Can't stay healthy so it'd be for the low-low.  Clearly his health is a problem with a capital 'p'.

But did they decline the option because he can’t stay healthy?

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Kings declined Giles' option IIUC.  Go get him for cheap?  Can't stay healthy so it'd be for the low-low.  Clearly his health is a problem with a capital 'p'.

I saw that. Kings fans wanted to fight anyone that included him in a trade.

Just pick him up in FAcy in the offseason. Tell him Chelsea will take care of his knees.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

But did they decline the option because he can’t stay healthy?

I'd say the Kangz just doing Kang thangz.

ETA: And where are the people at that wanted to fite me about Caleb Swanigan?  I told y'all then that he wasn't an NBA player and, lo and behold, his option didn't get picked up either.  Where y'all at now?  Come at me, bro's.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Speaking of Kings...what's going on with them? I had them as an up n coming team. It's still early.

Walton looks like a bad coach, maybe Lavar was right:hehe:.

Dedmon looks like a Dud-mon...18% ftom 3, low rebound nbrs, bad defense.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Per Shams:

Before Pacers forward Domantas Sabonis and Celtics forward Jaylen Brown reached contract extension agreements, the Hawks were believed to be interested in either player as a restricted free agent, sources said. Atlanta is one of four teams (Charlotte, Cleveland, Memphis) projected to have significant salary cap space in the 2020 free agency period. Sabonis, who agreed to a four-year, $74.9 million extension with the Pacers prior to the start of the season, is off to a strong start: 22.8 points, 10 rebounds and 2.3 assists a night. Indiana’s front office made it a priority to lock up Sabonis — and got it done. Brown has also played strong for the Celtics to start the season.

• Like 3

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Speaking of Kings...what's going on with them? I had them as an up n coming team. It's still early.

Yeah, Dedmon looks turrible so far this year and is at risk of being completely marginalized in the rotation.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He looks worse than Len with them. We need to trade for him ASAP 

• Haha 4