How Badly do we need a Center???

Diesel

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The post is looking better and better everytime we play.   Im patient.. I'll wait.   You know how it is on the squawk...  Sacred cows get pushed over. 

I just looked at it again, it still looks like and smells like shit. It reminds me of your Kaman for Horford posts.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I just looked at it again, it still looks like and smells like shit. It reminds me of your Kaman for Horford posts.

Right now... Cam is the one looking and smelling like shit.. but I know he's your Sacred Cow.    I'll wait. 

Cam actually looked smooth as hell on those catch and shoot threes tonight. Trae, Cam and Hunter are near untouchables for me. A deal would have to be for a young established all star ⭐️. These guys are gonna be really good. We just need to be patient.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Right now... Cam is the one looking and smelling like shit.. but I know he's your Sacred Cow.    I'll wait. 

Yep, I am not entertaining your bullshit anymore. Back to the ignore list you go. It took me the longest to take you off ignore for your Horford takes, now Horford image across the league is what every team wish they had while your boy Kaman been out of the league for seems to be 10 years now. Horford just got 100 million at 33 years old, what's Kaman making this season?

There is a reason you have more posts than everyone and only 5k likes. 

22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Cam actually looked smooth as hell on those catch and shoot threes tonight. Trae, Cam and Hunter are near untouchables for me. A deal would have to be for a young established all star ⭐️. These guys are gonna be really good. We just need to be patient.

It's disgusting when you think about it. Cam WAR projections was -0.9 if he played average minutes (24). Cam current WAR -0.7, that means he has is substantially better than even their projections. Hunter is too. He was projected to be -0.6, he is at -0.4. He too is substantially better than projected and they haven't even gotten to mid December yet where all rookies start to see the game better. 

Let's see the projects and where other guys are

Ja Morant 1.2 projected, 0.1 WAR which is still amazing for a rookie. This is rare for a guard or wing to have a positive WAR as a rookie who gets real mins

Barrett  -1.1 which is bad but understandable given his likely role and percentages 0.2 WAR. R.J. has massively outplayed his projections. Especially on defense. R.J. has proven to be a top tier prospect. 

Garland -0.5 and now -2.2 WAR. Ouch

Culver 0.5 and now -0.5, note he has substantially improved in the last month.

White -0.5 and now 0.2 Coby doesn't start and gets pulled fast if struggling but this is still very impressive. 

Rui -0.6 and now -1.7 ouch

Hayes -0.5 and now 0. Like White,  gets to play when hot, not so much otherwise, skews the numbers a tad

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

For some reason the eye 👁 test impresses me on him. I like how he seals his man off in the post kind of hand cuffing them. I think he’s gonna be a good one.

Offensively yeah, defensively, he is Parker without the stocks. Does move his feet on D better but his awareness makes Bruno look like Al Horford.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Diesel said:

I've always been and advocate of trading for Seven Adams (sending OKc their 2022 1st back and including the BKN 2020 if needed) .  It's the rest of your trade that I didn't like.

Just an FYI, Cam Reddish:

1st 5 games (October) of his NBA career - 1-18 from 3 for 5.5%
12 games in November: 12-43 for 27.9%
Last 5 games (December) : 11-28 from 3 for 39.3%

Baby Steps!!! That is what you want from your 19 year old rookie.  To show improvement throughout the course of the season.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

He's been terrible at every single facet of the game with his numbers falling off a cliff straight into the abyss the year after his first big payday. He wouldn't be the first player to take it easy after cashing in.

Correlation doesn't equal causation.  I didn't really get to know him through interviews or anything like that when he was here so I don't really have a gauge on the guy's attitutde.  You could be right but I think he deserves a little more credit than to be painted as a guy who would has definitely done what you say he has....cashed in and quit.

• Moderators
23 hours ago, NBASupes said:

It's a lot different. With Atlanta, his percentages weren't good shooting threes that weren't wide open. Everyone gets more open threes with Trae as attracts so much attention. 

Looking at his wide open numbers, those severely decreased. But 1.3 is a massive drop from 2.1. 

On a per minute basis he is putting up:

Career low rebounds

Near career low blocks

Assists cut in half

Career low TS%

Career high turnover rate

Career lows in all advanced stats (to be fair, he was slightly lower as a rookie in a few)

It has been a mess for him.  Should make him an asset they pay someone to take given that we weren't willing to pay that much for him before he **** the bed.

• Like 2