• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Quick blurb from Jeff v Gundy who was inexplicably asked about the Hawks playoff potential by Amin el Hassan ...

JVG: I was with their coach with USAB.  I had never talked to him before so I didn't know him.  He is one talented coach, they have an absolute star in Lloyd.

I coached Trae with the select team.  He can run pnr as good as anyone in the league.  Trae is tiny so traps bother him.  I had Collins too and I like him as well.

I worry about their shooting especially with Heurter's health. 

** Also said something about our SF position being a problem, I think (I missed this part).  Mentioned our rookies so I think he was saying the issue is we're young there.

JVG: I watched them in NY and I think they have a long way to go offensively.

Overall, he sounded cautiously optimistic but accurately cited our issues.  Just figured I'd share.

Smart dude 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

What kind of knee injury did Crabbe have? Why is he still out 6 months after based on this....

The news would seem to indicate that the 6’6” small forward is done for the season. Arthroscopic surgery usually means rehab of a month or longer. The Nets would have to go deep in the playoffs for there to be any chance of him seeing action this season.

Month or longer shouldn't mean 6 months and counting!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, High5 said:

Part of me feels like Crabbe is just trying to save his health for after a buyout. Hopefully that’s not the case. As mentioned, we need his shooting.

Honestly ... *sniff* *sniiiiffff* ... smells to me like we have our own little Iguodala situation with a guy who really doesn't wanna be here.  Instead of making it public like MEM/Iguodala, we're using the "injury" thing to mask the fact that we're waiting for a trade/buyout situation to emerge.

Could we use him?  Myeh, I guess.

Am I upset about not having him in the lineup?  Myeh, I guess.

• Like 3