• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

Just now, Thomas said:

Believe it is all because we have TS and Chelsea now and "they don't". Life cycles man.

I don’t think people even begin to realize how many necks Jacob stepped on to give them a few years of fun. I hope it costs them another 30 years of mediocrity.

You cannot look at Lacob and tell me that fool isn’t a snake 🐍. Now I see why KD signed. 🐍 rec 🐍 in the bay main.

• Premium Member

The schedule makers did us no favors - We have another 3 games in 4 nights after just coming off one (with a 4 day break, smh). 

We play vs Spurs (Tu), Bulls(We) Kings (Fr)....all home games. I hope Trae is back. Will he play in the back to back if he is back? If not, Id hold him out untul the Wednesday game against the Bulls.

Is this the year we finally beat the Spurs?

We should beat the Bulls and Kings.

• Like 1

People need to learn that Miami is not this good, but their team values conditioning above all else. Our team values health. If you look, every year with Miami in their first 10 games, they look either really good or excellent and by the mid-season, they have a shitload of injuries. We need to be real about Miami. They are excellent but this is due to their regimen more than anything else. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

People need to learn that Miami is not this good, but their team values conditioning above all else. Our team values health. If you look, every year with Miami in their first 10 games, they look either really good or excellent and by the mid-season, they have a shitload of injuries. We need to be real about Miami. They are excellent but this is due to their regimen more than anything else. 

This is more true than not.  The dudes gotta go out and make the shots and all that, but it's not a stretch to say their quick starts are most likely indicative of the fitness thing.  That's cool and all but no need to go gaga over their early-season results.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about the 'culture' thing in MIA.  They didn't win titles on culture, they won titles on elite talent.  Culture is cute for guys like old-Haslam and Chalmers who aren't NBA-level players without it. But don't try to tell me their culture brought them titles.  That's plain false.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is more true than not.  The dudes gotta go out and make the shots and all that, but it's not a stretch to say their quick starts are most likely indicative of the fitness thing.  That's cool and all but no need to go gaga over their early-season results.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about the 'culture' thing in MIA.  They didn't win titles on culture, they won titles on elite talent.  Culture is cute for guys like old-Haslam and Chalmers who aren't NBA-level players without it. But don't try to tell me their culture brought them titles.  That's plain false.

Man I dunno what ur talkin bout when I was there we ran a damn military boot camp and still couldn’t beat Mike. 

-Voshon Lenard (from way downtown BANG!)

Yes I agree. Lebron brought them the titles. I think they got off to a hot start but honestly how far can Meyers Leonard go? BTW speaking of Leonard, something weird is going on with him and Vince every time we play them. It started last year when Vince got popped by him if I recall correctly. Then again this season they got tangled and I think Vince said something along the lines of “play the game the right way” and Leonard just snapped and said WHAT! Like WHAT’D I DO NOW? 😆 Too funny.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Miami is going to be in the playoffs unless Butler misses an extended amount of time.  Their style doesn't bode well for a long playoff run but they will wring all the wins they can out of that group in the regular season and then see who is left standing when the playoffs arrive.  It reminds me of the Chicago Bulls teams under Thibs.  You knew they were in the playoffs but would they have enough gas left in the tank to actually contend for a title?  

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Miami is going to be in the playoffs unless Butler misses an extended amount of time.  Their style doesn't bode well for a long playoff run but they will wring all the wins they can out of that group in the regular season and then see who is left standing when the playoffs arrive.  It reminds me of the Chicago Bulls teams under Thibs.  You knew they were in the playoffs but would they have enough gas left in the tank to actually contend for a title?  

I disagree with even the regular season success. The regular season is 82 games. The Heat are 5-1 through 6 games. We are 7% through the regular season. 

Butler/Leonard won’t make it through without injuries imo. 

After that it’ll be up to Nunn (the league will figure him out in 5 more games max) Herro (won’t be able to do much with Butler who will be injured most likely)...

Then Miami goes 3-17 during a stretch in the season.

Talking playoffs for the Heat is premature in a 6 game sample size imo. 

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I disagree with even the regular season success. The regular season is 82 games. The Heat are 5-1 through 6 games. We are 7% through the regular season. 

Butler/Leonard won’t make it through without injuries imo. 

After that it’ll be up to Nunn (the league will figure him out in 5 more games max) Herro (won’t be able to do much with Butler who will be injured most likely)...

Then Miami goes 3-17 during a stretch in the season.

Talking playoffs for the Heat is premature in a 6 game sample size imo. 

I agree even though I'm admittedly sour-grape flavored about the whole thing.

I hate when folks get enamored with guys like the Nunn kid.  There's clearly talent there.  But if he were a guy sooo talented that he'd be able to overcome the incoming scouting adjustments, he wouldn't have been undrafted/cut/G-league guy in the first place.  The back-to-liiife, baaack-to-realityyy moment is coming.

*smack* *smack*  mmmm ... yeah, that sour grape tastes good, right?

ETA: Wait, did I just taste myself?

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 2