News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

A look back at 2018/2019 vs Detroit.

Record 1-2

11/09: Hawks 109, Pistons 124, Lin leading scorer

12/23: Hawks 98, Pistons 95, Vince leading scorer

02/09: Hawks 122, Pistons 125, Trae leading scorer

We played them well once we hit our groove in December.

Hey whoaa ... foul on the play.

I guess they didn't want to put the dipsy-doo, 'tween the legs, no look pass to Deadman that got the DET player all turned round because it involved a guy who's no longer a Hawk .. but you can't put together a vs-DET highlight package without that play.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Cam - 20

Kevin - 15

I am guessing Bembry will get the bulk of the minutes

Looks like Cam will get around 25.  I'm really suprised he's starting too.  This is a good sign for Cam that coach has some faith in him.  

I'm sure once Huerter gets 100% he'll be the starter, unless Cam really shows out in the first few games.  Good problem to have though :).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Looks like Cam will get around 25.  I'm really suprised he's starting too.  This is a good sign for Cam that coach has some faith in him.  

I'm sure once Huerter gets 100% he'll be the starter, unless Cam really shows out in the first few games.  Good problem to have though :).

If Cam gets 30 mpg a night, I am fine if he starts or comes off the bench

• Like 2

Just now, Spud2nique said:

CAM STARTING? Whoa 😳 thought of this and said SUPES NEEDSSSS POPCORN 🍿!!! 😆 

http://bleacherreport.com/post/atlanta-hawks/70cb8815-acb6-49d6-ba2d-e131680d5370

Heh, he's gonna need more than that.  Bowchickawow-wow

Anyways, Kamla is a host on NBARadio now.  Always tosses love to the Hawks.  Asked the GOAT Tim Legler about the Hawks as a potential playoff team.  Timmi says we're probably still a year away. 

Thought Trae would struggle last season (due to size) but realized the league is now made for a guy like him to be impactful and he was certainly that.

Said nice things about Heurter (I totally forgot the nickname I came up with for him this year), likes Collins.

Just cited our overall youth as a hinderance(sp?) but likes our core.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Heh, he's gonna need more than that.  Bowchickawow-wow

Anyways, Kamla is a host on NBARadio now.  Always tosses love to the Hawks.  Asked the GOAT Tim Legler about the Hawks as a potential playoff team.  Timmi says we're probably still a year away. 

Thought Trae would struggle last season (due to size) but realized the league is now made for a guy like him to be impactful and he was certainly that.

Said nice things about Heurter (I totally forgot the nickname I came up with for him this year), likes Collins.

Just cited our overall youth as a hinderance(sp?) but likes our core.

I like the fact that Kamla is still repping the Hawks even though he's on national radio now! Thought he would go all big markets, but he hasn't!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I like the fact that Kamla is still repping the Hawks even though he's on national radio now! Thought he would go all big markets, but he hasn't!

It's so refreshing.  Never over-the-top with it but he's literally talked Hawks, to some degree, every time I've heard him.  He's on every day now 1-4pm.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

This is miles better than that creepy scary tweety bird you had haha! 

That was an homage 😆 I’m just glad the Luka is gone. I think I need a break from flinging my avatar around the craps table like kg did with his...well with his stalkees if you will.

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's so refreshing.  Nover-the-top with it but he's literally talked Hawks, to some degree, every time I've heard him.  He's on every day now 1-4pm.

I like Rick 🐪 A!

He reminds me of that dorky guy that keeps it 💯 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I got a new Audi, Sirius radio is pretty good. I don't even listen to the fm dial anymore 

I keep mine on NBA radio.  Frank Isola with Brenden Hayward are the best in my opinion.  Frank just isn't all about the national narratives which I love.  Brenden actually gives fair analysis to me too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

That was an homage 😆 I’m just glad the Luka is gone. I think I need a break from flinging my avatar around the craps table like kg did with his...well with his stalkees if you will.

You know...I'm rethinking that homage thing...that was just too creepy, that thing gave me nightmares.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I keep mine on NBA radio.  Frank Isola with Brenden Hayward are the best in my opinion.  Frank just isn't all about the national narratives which I love.  Brenden actually gives fair analysis to me too.

I'm a big Isola fan.  I was surprised to learn how plugged in he is in the basketball world.

• Like 2