• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I disagree with even the regular season success. The regular season is 82 games. The Heat are 5-1 through 6 games. We are 7% through the regular season. 

Butler/Leonard won’t make it through without injuries imo. 

After that it’ll be up to Nunn (the league will figure him out in 5 more games max) Herro (won’t be able to do much with Butler who will be injured most likely)...

Then Miami goes 3-17 during a stretch in the season.

Talking playoffs for the Heat is premature in a 6 game sample size imo. 

I am more in the middle. I wouldn't write them off but I don't see them as friendly as I did those Bulls. They will likely make the playoffs but this team style is conducive to injuries and that's where my issues lay

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I agree even though I'm admittedly sour-grape flavored about the whole thing.

I hate when folks get enamored with guys like the Nunn kid.  There's clearly talent there.  But if he were a guy sooo talented that he'd be able to overcome the incoming scouting adjustments, he wouldn't have been undrafted/cut/G-league guy in the first place.  The back-to-liiife, baaack-to-realityyy moment is coming.

*smack* *smack*  mmmm ... yeah, that sour grape tastes good, right?

ETA: Wait, did I just taste myself?

I'm pretty interested to see what happens with Nunn.   You get some of these guys who turn out to be legit (Ben Wallace for example) but many who burn bright for a couple weeks and then fade away.  What he is doing now is over his head, imo, and not sustainable at this level.  Still leaves him room to be a solid contributor which is better than you would expect from someone with that pedigree.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I predicted playoffs for them before the season.  With their coach and roster, I see them as very solid for the playoffs in the East absent an extended leave for Butler.  (I.e., if he plays his normal 68 games they will be fine.)  I'm not basing anything on the 6 games so far other than to note that it gives them a tiny cushion to deal with a bad stretch later in the year.  Miami has been basically .500 the last 3 years and I think this team is a step better than each of those squads.

My bad I didn’t know you had picked them before the season I thought I saw you on kg’s BIL’s 5-1 Miami Heat Yacht 🛥 partying like its 1999. I coulda sworn I saw AHF chillin 😎 drinking tecate with Dante Culpepper and Fred Smoot. My mistake.

Just now, AHF said:

I'm pretty interested to see what happens with Nunn.   You get some of these guys who turn out to be legit (Ben Wallace for example) but many who burn bright for a couple weeks and then fade away.  What he is doing now is over his head, imo, and not sustainable at this level.  Still leaves him room to be a solid contributor which is better than you would expect from someone with that pedigree.

Yeah, that's where I'm at on him.  Could be a nice pro like the Tyler Johnson kid ended up being.  But his current level seems unsustainable.

"Nice pro" is all these gems typically end up being but folks act like Riley turns these guys into Lebrons.  That's just silly.

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Another Crabbe practice sighting along with Parsons

The most PT Parsons will see this season.  

(Hopefully that isn't the case but...yeah...that is where my mind immediately went.)

• Like 4

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, AHF said:

I predicted playoffs for them before the season.  With their coach and roster, I see them as very solid for the playoffs in the East absent an extended leave for Butler.  (I.e., if he plays his normal 68 games they will be fine.)  I'm not basing anything on the 6 games so far other than to note that it gives them a tiny cushion to deal with a bad stretch later in the year.  Miami has been basically .500 the last 3 years and I think this team is a step better than each of those squads.

For sure. I mean Miami looks like the best team in the East right now, and while that level of play is probably not sustainable, even if they take a big step back down to earth they are still poised to be a top 5 seed. 

20 hours ago, kg01 said:

And all it took was about 2 and a quarter seasons to prepare Chandelier for that rigorous 2 minute session.

Hey you think with the massive recent event that Parsons might actually see the floor a bit? Don't worry haven't totally lost my mind yet, I am talking scout team in practice here. Still frackin doubtful though.

• Like 1