News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Very much agree with this. Both teams are well coached but they'd get swept in a moment by the Warriors or a prime LeBron led team. Shoot, the 60-win Hawks could've beat these guys. It'll be interesting to see if the introduction of Hayward changes anything if Boston can get him involved. Them getting clamped by the zone last night was a joke. All Smart had to do was take the free throw jumper in the middle of the zone, or make a pass to the baseline and he couldn't do it. I would hate to see this Heat team win it all, they really ain't nothing special.

Better them than Boston. Just saying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Danny Green is so garbage. lol

Can’t argue that.  He seems to have gone over the hill and fallen off the other side this season.

This team is Anthony Davis, LeBron James and duct tape trying to hold the rest together.

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

Can’t argue that.  He seems to have gone over the hill and fallen off the other side this season.

This team is Anthony Davis, LeBron James and duct tape trying to hold the rest together.

Guys want Devin Vassell tho. 

LeBron clearly looks like he needs a break. This every other day play is taking a toll on his body. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

LeBron clearly looks like he needs a break. This every other day play is taking a toll on his body. 

Another 6 or so games and he can probably call it a season.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Vassel can  at least shoot and defend the perimeter..Green cant do either anymore. lol

• Moderators
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Vassel can  at least shoot and defend the perimeter..Green cant do either anymore. lol

Green had 8 solid seasons as a 3&D wing on some really good teams.  You could do a lot worse in this draft if you knew you could lock on that level of rotation player.  Definitely never even approximating a star but easy to incorporate into a highly functioning team and rotation.

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yeah I have a feeling some players arent as good as they look in the bubble, and vice versa..

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Green had 8 solid seasons as a 3&D wing on some really good teams.  You could do a lot worse in this draft if you knew you could lock on that level of rotation player.  Definitely never even approximating a star but easy to incorporate into a highly functioning team and rotation.

You talking ti me or Supes? I actually like Vassell. lol

18 minutes ago, AHF said:

Green been on some great teams but just because some guys fit great teams with all around players don't fit teams that are just decent or bad. There are a ton of guys like this who go to bad to decent teams are don't make a dent. 

Just now, terrell said:

Yall who? I like Vassel in the 8-12 range..

I wouldnt be mad if we traded down a few spots and picked up another asset for him..Id take Vassel and a late 1st(PG) over most of these other guys tbh.. 

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Nah, he was trash last post season too..

1 hour ago, terrell said:

Nah, he was trash last post season too..

Yeah his best seasons are now surely behind him. I don’t like to refer to him as trash or garbage seems disrespectful to a 3&D role player many wanted on their team during those spurs years...but yeah his game has fallen off the cliff for sure... he’s no longer that 40% 3pt shooter and good perimeter defending role player we came to know.

but hey Dude will be 33 next season and everyone in the nba can’t continue the same productive player as they age. It’s probably best he comes off the bench for his last few seasons and let a younger guys start if he’s not going to retire soon that is.

Either way I’m sure at the very least he could bring some knowledge to a young team based off his experience as a dependable role player on championship teams. Seems like a very good locker room guy, not too high or low on himself.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, terrell said:

I wouldnt be mad if we traded down a few spots and picked up another asset for him..Id take Vassel and a late 1st(PG) over most of these other guys tbh.. 

I would be furious to be honest. I really don't like Vassell much at all. I've been a big proponent of drafting players in their true slots and a bigger proponent of drafting for FIT.

He has limited PD skills. He's exclusively 3&D but only 192 with a skinny frame. While I have doubts on Patrick Williams, I don't doubt his potential at all.