• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

News and Notes: Updated between Games

JayBirdHawk

ANCIENT HISTORY:

Once upon a time, the Atlanta Hawks, under the leadership of "Bud ball," met the King and his merry men.  This great Hawk team quickly sank into history.

What did we learn?  That Bud Ball, while good in the season, wasn't as great in the playoffs.  That King James and his fellow players had this playoff thing down pat.

Move on to the present time.  Does any of our lessons seem to still be true?

:smug:

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Dean Walker said:

Russell Westbrook looks done man.

He is like anti-gravity on the perimeter in this series.  Didn't see last night but he has been left wide open enough to need long distance service to trash talk his defender.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, terrell said:

Dragic and Crowder did the opposite..We should sign both to 1 year INFLATED deals..

They are playing with two playmakers *Bam and Jimmy. Also with great spacing. I am sure it would be so easy in Atlanta for Dragic. Crowder would be fine offensively but defensively, Trae, John, and Kevin can put you in a pickle and we saw how that worked for him in Cleveland. It didn't. 

If I am Crowder, I am staying put in a great situation. Atlanta would be fools gold. 

Dragic ain't leaving anyway unless it's for Dallas 

As for LAC, they needed to do this since January. They gotta make a move for CP3. Its obvious too. Sadly its gonna cost them some key guys like Lou, Pat, Zubac, J. Green, and Mcgruder. But it has to be done. They need a PG who's a floor general and gets them into sets and sets up PG13 and Kawhi with quality looks not to mention, unlike Milwaukee and Philadelphia. They have player assets on elite contracts which is tremendous value for gaining future assets. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

They are playing with two playmakers *Bam and Jimmy. Also with great spacing. I am sure it would be so easy in Atlanta for Dragic. Crowder would be fine offensively but defensively, Trae, John, and Kevin can put you in a pickle and we saw how that worked for him in Cleveland. It didn't. 

If I am Crowder, I am staying put in a great situation. Atlanta would be fools gold. 

Dragic ain't leaving anyway unless it's for Dallas 

As for LAC, they needed to do this since January. They gotta make a move for CP3. Its obvious too. Sadly its gonna cost them some key guys like Lou, Pat, Zubac, J. Green, and Mcgruder. But it has to be done. They need a PG who's a floor general and gets them into sets and sets up PG13 and Kawhi with quality looks not to mention, unlike Milwaukee and Philadelphia. They have player assets on elite contracts which is tremendous value for gaining future assets. 

Doc and CP3 supposedly don't get along well. 

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Doc and CP3 supposedly don't get along well. 

They can figure it out this time around. Kawhi and PG13 is a lot better than Blake and DeAndre.

16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Especially for guys who aren't highly skilled and are undersized for their position.

It's hard for any flawed player which is most of them. Personnel grouping matters so much in the playoffs.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They can figure it out this time around. Kawhi and PG13 is a lot better than Blake and DeAndre.

It's hard for any flawed player which is most of them. Personnel grouping matters so much in the playoffs.

Just like the Bucks, lack of adequate PG will make life difficult for Bigs.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

You either need a great guard, a great point forward, or in Denver's case, a great point-center. 

He need lead initiators or floor generals. Bam and Jimmy are excellent playmakers for their position. Neither are Luka or Trae like creators but are high value playmakers who rarely make bad decisions with the rock. Kemba is a floor general and even though his offense and defense is struggling, he's adding value by running the sets and putting Tatum and Brown in great positions to score. Easily more valuable than Kyrie was for them.