Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

3 hours ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

I’m not the guy who trolled Dejounte Murray on Twitter lol and nothing in my statement really disagrees with you. This team has to be good next year period. Tony Ressler has to be serious in making this team an actual contender. He has to agree to use the TPE, using the MLE, GO INTO THE LUXARY TAX. The only way to prove to Trae that the hawks want to win to make a competitive roster and win games. 

Our exact roster, resigning Bey, plus our picks already puts us beyond the tax and close to the second apron. That’s without the TPE or MLE.  

We got a pretty expensive but low performing roster.  Next year Okongwu and Murray get big raises.  Saddiq would get a big raise if we resigned him.  

I know people “DGAF” and want the GM to just “figure it out”.  I’ll be really impressed if they do come up with something to turn this roster around.

20 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Our exact roster, resigning Bey, plus our picks already puts us beyond the tax and close to the second apron. That’s without the TPE or MLE.  

We got a pretty expensive but low performing roster.  Next year Okongwu and Murray get big raises.  Saddiq would get a big raise if we resigned him.  

I know people “DGAF” and want the GM to just “figure it out”.  I’ll be really impressed if they do come up with something to turn this roster around.

They just need better 3rd stringers and better centers. 

2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Dejounte and Capela are two obvious candidates that have to go. So that’s basically 50 million gone right there for a star player or better players. You don’t have to resign Bey or you can do a sign and trade. You can even trade Bogi if you have too for assets. This entire roster needs a shakeup.

11 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Pat Bev speaking facts

But when Trae shoots them…

Anyways, we need more voices like this in the locker room. F the dumb stuff, they just want to win.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

Dejounte and Capela are two obvious candidates that have to go. So that’s basically 50 million gone right there for a star player or better players. You don’t have to resign Bey or you can do a sign and trade. You can even trade Bogi if you have too for assets. This entire roster needs a shakeup.

These are the types of trades fans believe could happen.  Just trade Capela for someone better.  What type of player can we get for Capela with one year left on his deal?  Only offers would be a guy way overpaid to a longer deal.  
Also, sign and trades don’t really happen very much anymore.  Bey is either gonna walk or get signed.  
Remember we were gonna be sellers at the trade deadline and got no offers that made us better.  They’re gonna try again this off-season.  It will be a wild ride.  

9 hours ago, Final_quest said:

You're learnin'.. 😏

• Haha 2

@kg01 My special lady kept asking “what’s up ⬆️ with Trae’s man purse 👛? You gonna get one now? 

Me: :mellow: HELL NO!!!

2 min. later….

Me: It’s not really a man purse it’s called a satchel….

image.gif.11985f47778dcbcbc1871e6faa160397.gif

Plus… it’s a European carryall.. it’s not a purse 👛 

image.gif.9fea6d729625a9f0e07e2df1635afdf9.gif

Special lady: I see…. :mellow:… so when are you buying your purse 👛?

Me: :angry2: :angry2: MUUUUUTHAAAAAAA FFFFFRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

You're learnin'.. 😏

Not really.  I'm pretty stubborn. 

People are anticipating turning Clint Capela into useful players, the expectations are way off.  They want a miracle.   We have a $185M roster with a .500 team.  You can't trade overpaid guys for assets. 

I'm hoping they do pull something off, and I'll give them a ton of credit if they do.  

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Not really.  I'm pretty stubborn. 

People are anticipating turning Clint Capela into useful players, the expectations are way off.  They want a miracle.   We have a $185M roster with a .500 team.  You can't trade overpaid guys for assets. 

I'm hoping they do pull something off, and I'll give them a ton of credit if they do.  

I don't see this as a one for one trade as the only route. If we anticipate another TPE, that's how you improve the team. Not just sit on it. We can't just do NOTHING ELSE.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't see this as a one for one trade as the only route. If we anticipate another TPE, that's how you improve the team. Not just sit on it. We can't just do NOTHING ELSE.

I don’t think they will do nothing.  It’s gonna be limited options.  Maybe like Clint + Bogi for Jerami Grant, but we might have to throw in a pick.  
Something like that would be a home run for us.  We have to be realistic with what we can do.  

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Final_quest said:

These are the types of trades fans believe could happen.  Just trade Capela for someone better.  What type of player can we get for Capela with one year left on his deal?  Only offers would be a guy way overpaid to a longer deal.  
Also, sign and trades don’t really happen very much anymore.  Bey is either gonna walk or get signed.  
Remember we were gonna be sellers at the trade deadline and got no offers that made us better.  They’re gonna try again this off-season.  It will be a wild ride.  

Based on Ressler's history, I am predicting that Capela gets salary dumped and Murray gets traded for value. (Good value?  TBD).

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Based on Ressler's history, I am predicting that Capela gets salary dumped and Murray gets traded for value.

Depending on the return I actually think those could be good moves.  

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

Depending on the return I actually think those could be good moves.  

That is the biggest part of it.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

That is the biggest part of it.  

Conceptually dumping Capela similar to Collins would be a good move.  It’s probably easier to use the Collins TPE or the MLE after dumping him.  

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Conceptually dumping Capela similar to Collins would be a good move.  It’s probably easier to use the Collins TPE or the MLE after dumping him.  

Or the Capela TPE.  Also quite easy to use none of the above.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

The Collins TPE has an expiration date of July 7th, so they'd better use it. A CC TPE would be valid for one year, but again what's the point of the TPE if we're gonna watch it expire?

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Collins TPE has an expiration date of July 7th, so they'd better use it. A CC TPE would be valid for one year, but again what's the point of the TPE if we're gonna watch it expire?

They have value if you are doing a deal to create them with an intent to use them.  Not much value of you are going to let it die on the vine but the “value” is saving money above and beyond anything else in a deal like the JC dump.  I don’t have much faith in exceptions being used.

• Like 1