• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

On 2/10/2024 at 12:01 PM, Final_quest said:

image.thumb.png.a71bacb1ab4dd90356faf4a68ff92532.png
image.thumb.png.ad5628c92b35a98e73aaea5a12c47d38.png

This is why he creates more points/minute than anyone else.

KAT being #7 all time in true shooting %, shows just how underrated that guy is.

If the T-Wolves blink this summer concerning the Luxury Tax, ATL better snatch him up.

And us coveting Jalen Johnson CANNOT be the reason why we don't make a deal for him.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

KAT being #7 all time in true shooting %, shows just how underrated that guy is.

If the T-Wolves blink this summer concerning the Luxury Tax, ATL better snatch him up.

And us coveting Jalen Johnson CANNOT be the reason why we don't make a deal for him.

Got to be willing to give up Jalen for KAT.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Murray and JJ would be a hell of a good return on a trade driven by wanting to dump salary more than basketball needs.  I'd definitely be worried that would leave us with too little left to win.  I also don't think KAT/CC works as a frontcourt.  If you are getting KAT, CC needs to be gone to remove CC clogging the floor near the basket.  That leaves us a nice starting lineup but some huge questions:

Trae / ??

Bogi / Kobe / AJ

Hunter / Bey (?)

OO / ??

KAT / ??

I would definitely be more interested in moving Murray and some combination of 2024 first round picks / AJ / Kobe etc. to keep JJ.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Got to be willing to give up Jalen for KAT.

That will be the true indication that we're SERIOUS about putting as high of a quality team around Trae as possible.

Yes, I'd rather created a "Big 3" featuring Trae - JJ - KAT.  But if I have to give up JJ to get KAT, so be it.

With Minnesota re-signing Conley to 2 yrs / 21 million, that's an indication to me that they're not worried one bit about the 2nd apron . . as of right now. 

They want to at least assure that Conley is a part of the team going into next year, with or without KAT.

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Yes, it should be because who's our starting PF if you let Jalen go? You also have to look at this from a roster construction standpoint. I'm willing to part with Murray and filler for KAT.  That Filler shouldn't no include Jalen and at this point not Hunter either. 

16 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yes, it should be because who's our starting PF if you let Jalen go? You also have to look at this from a roster construction standpoint. I'm willing to part with Murray and filler for KAT.  That Filler shouldn't no include Jalen and at this point not Hunter either. 

Well then don't expect this team to rapidly improve.

The Hawks need to get out of the mindset that all of our young players are going to develop into something special. You don't trade them for mid level talent. You trade them for star talent.

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Well then don't expect this team to rapidly improve.

The Hawks need to get out of the mindset that all of our young players are going to develop into something special. You don't trade them for mid level talent. You trade them for star talent.

I'm not talking about the talent, I'm talking about roster construction.  You need a decent starting caliber PF, unless you somehow are keeping Clint and OO and KATs your PF? 

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

I'm not talking about the talent, I'm talking about roster construction.  You need a decent starting caliber PF, unless you somehow are keeping Clint and OO and KATs your PF? 

It wont happen either way, but, if there is a path to acquire an All NBA talent, you take it. You don’t turn it down solely because of a promising player.

Im am sure the Suns would have loved to keep Bridges, and he is a more valuable piece than a JJ at the moment, but there is a clear difference between him and KD. The Suns still have finals hopes, the Nets are lottery bound.

I am not saying give JJ away. But if his value is high enough that you can get a KAT, then guess what, you can replace JJ. It’s not a hard decision.

Stack the big pieces and fill the holes later. As much as I love JJ, an OO fits seamlessly next to KAT too and can be interchangeable on each end of the court. Life doesn’t end at JJ.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. Based on the WAR, the regression at center has ultimately lead to our demise as well as the weak back end depth. 

Go into the LT and get Edey and another big in the draft and let's get to winning a lot of games

Trae’s response to the trade rumors is very interesting…I think it’s clear he wants to stay here but the minute he feels like the team can’t win anything, he’s absolutely open to a trade. He really wants to win a championship.

Bottom line: Hawks can not be a bad team

next year or Trae is gone. 

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

Trae’s response to the trade rumors is very interesting…I think it’s clear he wants to stay here but the minute he feels like the team can’t win anything, he’s absolutely open to a trade. He really wants to win a championship.

Wrong.

He is basically saying RBTL if the front office wants me and they want to win then I'm committed to Atlanta.

Anything else is dumb fan takes.

Also, I want to know are you the idiot fan that trolled DJM via DM and made him respond heated? or was that somebody else on twitter

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Wrong.

He is basically saying RBTL if the front office wants me and they want to win then I'm committed to Atlanta.

Anything else is dumb fan takes.

Also, I want to know are you the idiot fan that trolled DJM via DM and made him respond heated? or was that somebody else on twitter

I’m not the guy who trolled Dejounte Murray on Twitter lol and nothing in my statement really disagrees with you. This team has to be good next year period. Tony Ressler has to be serious in making this team an actual contender. He has to agree to use the TPE, using the MLE, GO INTO THE LUXARY TAX. The only way to prove to Trae that the hawks want to win to make a competitive roster and win games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

If folks want to hear him speak it, here’s video:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

This team has to be good next year period. Tony Ressler has to be serious in making this team an actual contender. He has to agree to use the TPE, using the MLE, GO INTO THE LUXARY TAX. The only way to prove to Trae that the hawks want to win to make a competitive roster and win games. 

No doubt! :good: