• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

• Premium Member

Hawks' Trae Young fires back at 'selfish' label: 'Makes me mad'

But in a recent interview with Taylor Rooks of Bleacher Report, he addressed the “selfish” label being put on him by some NBA coaches and executives. Young, who averages 10.8 assists this season, expressed that being called “selfish” bothers him a lot.

“I think the one thing that just makes me the most mad is just the word ‘selfish,'” he said. “I mean, I've gotten into it with previous coaches just from even just saying it in certain group meetings and even if they weren't interpreting it with me I would bring it up to him after and be like, ‘We got to use a different word,' just because selfish is just one thing that doesn't run in any part of my body and just ever since I was a kid like I've always just wanted to do things for others and just impact winning.”

https://clutchpoints.com/hawks-news-trae-young-fires-back-at-selfish-label-makes-me-mad

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks' Trae Young fires back at 'selfish' label: 'Makes me mad'

But in a recent interview with Taylor Rooks of Bleacher Report, he addressed the “selfish” label being put on him by some NBA coaches and executives. Young, who averages 10.8 assists this season, expressed that being called “selfish” bothers him a lot.

“I think the one thing that just makes me the most mad is just the word ‘selfish,'” he said. “I mean, I've gotten into it with previous coaches just from even just saying it in certain group meetings and even if they weren't interpreting it with me I would bring it up to him after and be like, ‘We got to use a different word,' just because selfish is just one thing that doesn't run in any part of my body and just ever since I was a kid like I've always just wanted to do things for others and just impact winning.”

https://clutchpoints.com/hawks-news-trae-young-fires-back-at-selfish-label-makes-me-mad

Calling Trae selfish is unaware and showing poor BBIQ. Trae just lacks feel and he isn't a floor general but he is an offensive juggernaut and I don't think that should be understated. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Trae just hit -5 in raw net rating last night.  He’s likely going to finish the season with a negative on/off on a team where Bogi is the only player on the entire roster with positive on and off values.  

The average WS/48 for Brunson, Haliburton, and SGA is .214.  Trae is at .110.  Most of you don’t realize how horrendous these metrics are or how those players’ varied roles coming into the league make them far superior leaders and floor raisers but that’s what I’m here for I guess.

Edited by benhillboy

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Trae just hit -5 in raw net rating last night.  He’s likely going to finish the season with a negative on/off on a team where Bogi is the only player on the entire roster with positive on and off values.  

The average WS/48 for Brunson, Haliburton, and SGA is .214.  Trae is at .110.  Most of you don’t realize how horrendous these metrics are or how those players’ varied roles coming into the league make them far superior leaders and floor raisers but that’s what I’m here for I guess.

I understand those numbers but I know we haven't exactly built this team correctly around Trae and even though we had moments like the Capela trade, he's washed and it's time to get a superior replacement offensively with size. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Your "analytic" update posts are nauseating at this point.  I would explain to you how reductive of a take it is to just look at WS/48 or net rating, but I think you know that.  Those are all team stats allocated down to players.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

A few thoughts:

1.  Trae did this is only 21 minutes I believe

2.  I am liking the Trae beard

3.  He may just get himself a Just for Men sponsorship with Emmitt Smith if he plays his cards right after he got rid of that gray spot on his goatee

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Brunson is so good man... 

Killing the C's right now..

Schlenk traded Luka then took Brunson teammate Spellman over him in the same draft..  smdh

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, terrell said:

Brunson is so good man... 

Killing the C's right now..

Schlenk traded Luka then took Brunson teammate Spellman over him in the same draft..  smdh

He’s a beast no question.  I was watching him off the ball, where he’s underrated.  It helps lead to a decent amount of offensive boards for them.

I’m not surprised he’s been shooting lights out at 3 levels, but his team defensive IQ (admittedly anyone can look better alongside OG) and leading the league in offensive fouls drawn by a wide margin is eye-opening for sure.  

You know the Hawks gonna Hawk tho.  Now and forever,

Edited by benhillboy
  • Sad 1