Trae Young - The Man, The Viper, and The Prosecution aka The MVP aka Ice Trae

NBASupes

7 hours ago, Diesel said:

The respect is gone.   When a guy like Jordan used to Bust your butt... you had respect and wouldn't dare not vote him in...

These dudes today...

They didn't have player or coaches votes back then and Trae game is annoying to many players and coaches. His game just doesn't have a good perception. 

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Silver needs to change this system.

The simplest thing would be to revert the whole All-Star game back to the way it was since you are already doing that for most of it. (i.e., no more media and player vote)  That would have solved the issue this year.

But Trae won't necessarily be voted in every year so the coaches still need to check their own egos and respect his game.  He is very worthy of being on the All-Star team in a year like this even if he isn't voted in.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AHF said:

The simplest thing would be to revert the whole All-Star game back to the way it was since you are already doing that for most of it. (i.e., no more media and player vote)  That would have solved the issue this year.

But Trae won't necessarily be voted in every year so the coaches still need to check their own egos and respect his game.  He is very worthy of being on the All-Star team in a year like this even if he isn't voted in.

go back to fan votes for the starters but don't let them vote for anyone in the league.  At least have some minimum game requirements.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

go back to fan votes for the starters but don't let them vote for anyone in the league.  At least have some minimum game requirements.

The asg should 100% be about who the fans want to see.  It should never have changed.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The asg should 100% be about who the fans want to see.  It should never have changed.

It changed when an injured player (6 games) got voted in. Just don't hv those guys on the ballot.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It changed when an injured player (6 games) got voted in. Just don't hv those guys on the ballot.

Exactly.  Duh

But notice a real commissioner didn't overreact and change the rule when it happened in 1993 with Magic Johnson?

Mic droppeth....

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, 909 said:

Atlanta is the 8 biggest market in the NBA. The owners, fans and especially the media should be acting like it. Why is the falsehood  that the Hawks are a small market team still exist?

Nm

As Agent zero was pointing out, if Atlanta is a small market and Bruson is the new darling of the east guards then how in the hell did Trae beat him out in fan voting.  Knicks aren't as popular as people think.  They just have loud media and an historic arena. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

As Agent zero was pointing out, if Atlanta is a small market and Bruson is the new darling of the east guards then how in the hell did Trae beat him out in fan voting.  Knicks aren't as popular as people think.  They just have loud media and an historic arena. 

It's just that there are more knick fans in the media propagating their pro-nix agenda.

Fan vote wasn't even close.

• Like 3

On 2/6/2024 at 3:55 PM, macdaddy said:

Jalen Brunson game isn't fun to watch at all. Trae's is. I wouldn't knock Jalen, his improvement on the big things offensively is why he's one of the most improved players in the NBA. 

That said, we seen improvement on the small things defensively by Trae. I do think big market matters. Randle wouldn't be an all star in any other market. People simply don't watch the Hawks. Kids do but hoop fans don't.

55 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

My boy in Boston really tried to compare Trae to Isaiah Thomas (Celtics). 
Im like dude, not even close. I.T had one season his entire career that was even in Trae’s ballpark.

I know this kid would get his due elsewhere. Even Nique never got his respect until he was long retired.

• Like 3