• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've Seen Enough!

kg01

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Speaking of ....

I didn't want to have to do it but ... well, let's just say a slump-buster gif montage may be on the menu in this coming game thread.

200.webp?cid=ecf05e47ncvqm65yhioib3n5n60

Don’t tease me!!! Don’t you tease me! I look forward to your gifs very much. Your work is impeccable! 

lw3 read this and is now genuinely scared.. and..

image.gif.7aca8d236088c21b721b11419bbe29ba.gif

• Haha 2

Is Rich Paul the devil 👿? This cat may not be going to hell but he’s gonna run into some bad dudes…

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/264693/Rich-Paul-76ers-Have-Exacerbated-Mental-Health-Issues-For-Ben-Simmons

Oh Morey too though don’t get me wrong. They are both real pieces of work.

Can somebody answer what seems to be a straight forward and simple question to answer but I’m not getting it.

Why do players today deal with more injuries if the nutrition and training is much more advanced?

Or is it because players didn’t talk about injuries back then? I don’t remember hearing a quarter of the injuries I hear in today’s game. I mean, you even got guys that were “built” for it and would have been beasts even in the 80’s like a Donovan Mitchell having “DNP’s” for like a broken finger nail. 

I’m not trying to act tough or anything (we’ll because I don’t really have to try :sarcastic:, I kid) but I’m tougher than these new age cats. Maybe it has to do with load management? But even dudes in the 80’s played through crap during the regular season and still limped through the playoffs and dominated. Here’s lookin at you Zeke! 1988 game 7. 

Again, I understand an Achilles or something major like Nique back in the day or Klay, but these lil buttercup nagging ones players are sitting out for are starting to get in my nerves. Again, I am all for player empowerment but this is their jobs, I mean, how many sick days?

ISE! ISE! :spank:

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Can somebody answer what seems to be a straight forward and simple question to answer but I’m not getting it.

Why do players today deal with more injuries if the nutrition and training is much more advanced?

Or is it because players didn’t talk about injuries back then? I don’t remember hearing a quarter of the injuries I hear in today’s game. I mean, you even got guys that were “built” for it and would have been beasts even in the 80’s like a Donovan Mitchell having “DNP’s” for like a broken finger nail. 

I’m not trying to act tough or anything (we’ll because I don’t really have to try :sarcastic:, I kid) but I’m tougher than these new age cats. Maybe it has to do with load management? But even dudes in the 80’s played through crap during the regular season and still limped through the playoffs and dominated. Here’s lookin at you Zeke! 1988 game 7. 

Again, I understand an Achilles or something major like Nique back in the day or Klay, but these lil buttercup nagging ones players are sitting out for are starting to get in my nerves. Again, I am all for player empowerment but this is their jobs, I mean, how many sick days?

ISE! ISE! :spank:

I think every little injury is reported now because of:

• GAMBLING
  • FANTASY games.

Other factors to consider:

• Players are playing 'organized' ball ALL year - no longer are most players coming into camp out of shape and using the start of the season to get back in shape.  As much as they work to get in peak condition, I don't think they have any downtime.
  • Load management
  • no longer able to say 'rub some tussin' on it
  • players protecting their 'brand'
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47hrtr5q6isju287y8n

That's a flagrant-3 foul on burd for not preparing me for how hilarious that was.

Was that an 80yo man that stumbled onto the court?

You can pinpoint the moment his life flashed before his eyes. 😆

He was like, "Uh oh .. i'm ded .. better pass it."

No foul, no foul......I had a belly rumbling laugh...still laughing...LOLOLOL....I have viewed that video so many time today. :laugh1:.  He acted like he stepped on his kids lego, or suddenly had no bones in his legs.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No foul, no foul......I had a belly rumbling laugh...still laughing...LOLOLOL....I have viewed that video so many time today. :laugh1:.  He acted like he stepped on his kids lego, or suddenly had no bones in his legs.

Like it was a game of freeze tag and he got tagged mid-air. 😄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He acted like he stepped on his kids lego, or suddenly had no bones in his legs.

I went from laughing to reminiscing when my nephew was 2 I rolled an ankle on a lego no joke. My ankle has given out 2,374 times, it’s scar tissue now but sometimes it gives out like that and my gf wants to contain laughter I’m like hell no, funny is funny 😂.

Thats Haslem’s body retiring in a nano second. 🤣 Odd on him finishing the season?

• Haha 2

@Spud2nique an interesting phenomenon happened to the Warriors last night.

They played a *gulp* road game .... *gasp*

And, guess what?  They lost.  Shocking!

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47o72ag2yc812hpwf1cs

IIUC this was their first time being out of the state of California this year.  Think about that as you ponder their stellar record.  Let that sink in.  Bathe in it.  Rub it into your pores, spud.  Wash your hair with it.

Regression coming, Worrier fans.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

@Spud2nique an interesting phenomenon happened to the Warriors last night.

They played a *gulp* road game .... *gasp*

And, guess what?  They lost.  Shocking!

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47o72ag2yc812hpwf1cs

IIUC this was their first time being out of the state of California this year.  Think about that as you ponder their stellar record.  Let that sink in.  Bathe in it.  Rub it into your pores, spud.  Wash your hair with it.

Regression coming, Worrier fans.

:sarcastic: I thought of your post immediately when I saw that they lost.

I’m not sure if any of my Warriors fan friends even notice the loss, they were too busy feelin themselves before it..

image.gif.77f9fbecc750c488be139ca957711f52.gif

14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

IIUC this was their first time being out of the state of California this year

Whoa 😮 seriously? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Whoa 😮 seriously? 

Fact check: They played at POR, at OKC, and now at CHA.  So this was their first time out of the West all year. 3rd time out of the state of CA.

But do ol' trash-a** POR and OKC really count as road games?

• Haha 2

• Moderators

LMAO

[A Sixers fan] — identified as James — called into the Angelo Cataldi show to talk about Simmons. When asked how he was doing, James says "someone just hit my car." The on-air talent was shocked, and encouraged James to chase down the driver of the other car and get a license plate number. 

Despite all that, James wanted to stay on the line to talk about Simmons. Why? "Because he annoys me more than someone hitting my car and driving off," James explained.

• Haha 4

It's a wrasslin' match between Tatum and Davis for my least favorite players.  Davis needs to stop missing half of games with mock-injuries before he starts speaking out.

I'm thinking of putting together a list of imposters.  Guys who are getting expos'd by the "new" rules but who are flying under the radar while folks point and Harden and Trae.  Top of the list are Randle and Lilllllllr'd.

• Thanks 1