• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I've Seen Enough!

kg01

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

She has had injuries and wanted a two for one trade wanting a quality starting PG and a flex guard/forward. I sent her the offer and she accepted. No conspiracy afoot I promise. 

This insider trading talk needs to stop in bed 🛌 Soth! :laugh1:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Hawksquawk has learned that there will be an investigation launched into Hawksquawk II’s fantasy league to determine if the trade between Soth’s finest and Bulls on parade was a legal one.

Soth’s Finest (1st place team) received: Lamelo Ball (2nd in fantasy stats)

Bulls on Parade (last place team) received: Darius Garland (75th in stats) / Tim Hardaway (125th stat wise)

Note: All trades all commissioner reviewed, Soth is the commissioner.

@Sothron

Rival GM Spud’s reaction upon seeing the trade go down…

image.gif.3d8d031706a8d000f39b916506857726.gif

I gotta say, nothing about that sounds above board.  Not my fight but I'm definitely lookin at ol' saffron like ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47epdc57i8ckcvdvqa7a

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I gotta say, nothing about that sounds above board.  Not my fight but I'm definitely lookin at ol' saffron like ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47epdc57i8ckcvdvqa7a

:laugh1: :laugh1: that’s awesome. Oh man, bustin.

Don’t worry, we are looking into possible fraud, aka there was never a Miss Soth but rather 2 Soth teams that traded between one another- conspiracy theory #837 :eyebrow:

Seriously Soth, we are discussing with Lw3 right now if it’s fair to dock you a 9th round pick in the 2022 squawk II fantasy draft. 

ps I will say Garland has been putting up better numbers than I thought, but throwing in Timmy Hardaway was comical. :laugh1:

• Haha 2

I was traveling home for Thanksgiving last week and saw the biggest Muggsy fan ever. I think he didn’t love me taking a pic of him specially since I’m not discreet about it. I kind of pointed and shot the pic. He was a super fan. For a second I thought it was a grandmama jersey and that was Soth @Sothron:eyebrow:

17EB3868-937E-4DDA-B345-A01DA8BD863A.jpeg

B02C03FB-88A0-43B6-BF38-E6BB0B0379D8.jpeg

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I was traveling home for Thanksgiving last week and saw the biggest Muggsy fan ever. I think he didn’t love me taking a pic of him specially since I’m not discreet about it. I kind of pointed and shot the pic. He was a super fan. For a second I thought it was a grandmama jersey and that was Soth @Sothron:eyebrow:

Everybody loves Muggsy so I can't hate on a guy.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Everybody loves Muggsy so I can't hate on a guy.

Ya I love the Mugster too. It’s weird I hadn’t seen his jersey being rocked too much ever but then again I’m in Cali I’m sure it’s crazy in Carolinas.

• Premium Member
On 11/11/2021 at 11:40 AM, Spud2nique said:

Sturt wanted this a couple years ago.

(The other, somewhat Big Lie that won't go away for as long as its originator thinks he has a gullible audience)

• Premium Member

*sigh*

giphy.gif

Nope.

Reading is fundamental.

Whatever number of posts there were (maybe 50, probably more like 25, but let's make you feel better and call it 100)... the actual content of those posts was around the theme of what the general manager was likely to do, based on his quotes, and based on an assessment of the free agent and trade market field.

I've only corrected this Big Lie now maybe a half dozen (???) times, so I'm not naive enough to think even this attempt will make any difference... but no.... once again... it was never about what sturt wanted to happen, it was about what sturt projected was likely to happen based on what sturt had read.... read. (What a concept.) (And had cited.)

Wasn't wrong.

The general manager did follow that tack.

Didn't end up with Ingram, and we'll never know... like we never could know w/o bugging his office, of course... who all the general manager had on his list. But the core of the debate wasn't about a particular player (I thought Ingram a candidate, but I also thought others, just depending on what week it was, eg, Oladipo), it was about whether the general manager was going to look to add at least one player who was a major-enough get that he would be penciled-in to the starting line-up.

That is, as opposed to those opposing that viewpoint... having convinced themselves that the general manager would only be adding to the bench, sold out that he would not impose on the previous season's young core... the line of reasoning being, you're not going to supplant Tre, nor JC, nor CC, and God knows, you've got three young wings in Kev, Cam and Dre already vying for just two starting spots. Thus, to sign or trade for a starting wing would be to cinch off vital minutes from them and surely he would never do that. So, sturt was nuts.

And what actually was nuts... a handful of posters here (who, of course, know as they read this, it applies to themselves) flat out refused to acknowledge the general manager's words were not consistent with that hypothesis they'd cooked up in their heads. Not sure why people get so headstrong that they ignore a+b=c reasoning, but it happens. Who knows, maybe I've done that at some point given some topic, so I have to grant some latitude.

I should leave it there. I really should. But its 4 am here and I'm still not sleepy enough to go back to bed, so I'll add... what was galling, for me anyhow, was that one poster in particular... won't say who, but it was not the Big Lie poster actually, nor the poster who so typically acts as his or AHF's wing "man"... took it upon himself to make it all personal, ostensibly b/c he was so defiant that his uninformed inclination was just a smarter approach, and ended up making some accusations attacking not merely what I said, but my character... which, in reality, could only be taken to be psychological transference on his part. That was too far over the line. He's the one poster who is dead to me these days (and ever since then).

(If you think you know who I'm talking about, don't be so sure of yourself, but feel free to buzz in by IM if it's important to you for some reason.)

Back to bed.

On 12/3/2021 at 1:27 PM, Spud2nique said:

@kg01 is that dude carrying Muggsy’s bags too or his own? :sarcastic:I was confused about their relationship. Couldn’t tell if they were friends or that bag carrier was Muggsy’s Fonz Bent :laugh1:

ps He gave me a quick “I’ll kick your a$$” look too. I swear if he wanted to fight I’d say meet back here in 45 min I gotta get my Spud jersey and come back.. :laugh1:

My gf: He is in jail for a brawl against Muggsy. :eyebrow:

• Haha 1

On 12/4/2021 at 2:53 AM, sturt said:

*sigh*

giphy.gif

Nope.

Reading is fundamental.

Whatever number of posts there were (maybe 50, probably more like 25, but let's make you feel better and call it 100)... the actual content of those posts was around the theme of what the general manager was likely to do, based on his quotes, and based on an assessment of the free agent and trade market field.

I've only corrected this Big Lie now maybe a half dozen (???) times, so I'm not naive enough to think even this attempt will make any difference... but no.... once again... it was never about what sturt wanted to happen, it was about what sturt projected was likely to happen based on what sturt had read.... read. (What a concept.) (And had cited.)

Wasn't wrong.

Didn't end up with Ingram, and we'll never know... like we never could know w/o bugging his office, of course... who all the general manager had on his list. But the core of the debate wasn't about a particular player (I thought Ingram a candidate, but I also thought others, just depending on what week it was, eg, Oladipo), it was about whether the general manager was going to look to add at least one player who was a major-enough get that he would be penciled-in to the starting line-up.

That is, as opposed to those opposing that viewpoint... having convinced themselves that the general manager would only be adding to the bench, sold out that he would not impose on the previous season's young core... the line of reasoning being, you're not going to supplant Tre, nor JC, nor CC, and God knows, you've got three young wings in Kev, Cam and Dre already vying for just two starting spots. Thus, to sign or trade for a starting wing would be to cinch off vital minutes from them and surely he would never do that. So, sturt was nuts.

And what actually was nuts... a handful of posters here (who, of course, know as they read this, it applies to themselves) flat out refused to acknowledge the general manager's words were not consistent with that hypothesis they'd cooked up in their heads. Not sure why people get so headstrong that they ignore a+b=c reasoning, but it happens. Who knows, maybe I've done that at some point given some topic, so I have to grant some latitude.

I should leave it there. I really should. But its 4 am here and I'm still not sleepy enough to go back to bed, so I'll add... what was galling, for me anyhow, was that one poster in particular... won't say who, but it was not the Big Lie poster actually, nor the poster who so typically acts as his or AHF's wing "man"... took it upon himself to make it all personal, ostensibly b/c he was so defiant that his uninformed inclination was just a smarter approach, and ended up making some accusations attacking not merely what I said, but my character... which, in reality, could only be taken to be psychological transference on his part. That was too far over the line. He's the one poster who is dead to me these days (and ever since then).

(If you think you know who I'm talking about, don't be so sure of yourself, but feel free to buzz in by IM if it's important to you for some reason.)

Back to bed.

I’m sorry I understanding reading is fundamental but so is memory function. So let me get this straight, (I don’t know why I’m doing this to myself he’s trapped me again oh come on just say this one thing and go.. well you know he’s gonna come back with another then we will go back and forth and he will admit to nothing oh comon just do it, fine), 

🤔… oh ya let me get this straight. 

In my recollection you wanted both Wood and Ingram. A month or so ago you said I was correct in assuming that you wanted to add Wood and now when I say you also wanted to add Ingram, you somewhat deny it.

I guess the bottom line is we don’t have either on the roster. But you do wave back and forth on your guys. I don’t miss that.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

In my recollection you wanted both Wood and Ingram.

Two different players, two different things.

Spud, you started on this by (again) talking about my Ingram posts. This (again) applies:

On 12/4/2021 at 4:53 AM, sturt said:

the actual content of those posts was around the theme of what the general manager was likely to do, based on his quotes, and based on an assessment of the free agent and trade market field.

Wasn't wrong.

Wood was a different conversation. I had no reason to believe he would be on Schlenk's free agent shopping list like I did Ingram. It is correct to say I "wanted" Wood, believing he had turned a corner and emerged as a viable 3rd big... which, though, I probably did argue at the time was a need that surely Schlenk wanted to fill someway somehow.

The same could be said that I "wanted" Haliburton, and in that case I know I argued at the time was a need that surely Schlenk wanted to fill, ie a PG who could also get minutes at SG.

On both counts, I was right, but so were practically all of us... those were two needs that were hard to ignore. And Schlenk just chose to attempt to fill them differently.

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

That was Gramps, separate issue.

(Dunno what that means for certain, but if you're just acknowledging that GrayMule shared that same want, though, why yes he did.)

For anyone wondering, the Hawks are dead to me rn.  No excuse for these last two losses.  I'm banning them until they do something noteworthy.  I don't suffer fools or middling basketball teams that should be vastly better than they're playing.

The Hawks wanted my love but you know what you get, Hawks ...

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47ndjk39qs43fwdsc2fs

I said good day!

• Haha 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

For anyone wondering, the Hawks are dead to me rn.  No excuse for these last two losses.  I'm banning them until they do something noteworthy.  I don't suffer fools or middling basketball teams that should be vastly better than they're playing.

I said good day!

source.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I said good day!

I almost didn’t come back. I don’t understand how we dropped the last two. I mean defense and execution.. :indifferent: but other than that, where? :mellow:

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I almost didn’t come back. I don’t understand how we dropped the last two. I mean defense and execution.. :indifferent: but other than that, where? :mellow:

When your best wing player is out with injury it's real hard to win.  We just aren't the same without Solo.

• Haha 1