• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Collins ain't fixing this

NBASupes

9 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

The only real reason to wait in my opinion is if OKC wants to much. I think they want more than one pick for Adams and that is why is he has not been traded.

I would consider sending the Nets pick ( it turns into two seconds if not conveyed ) and a lottery protected first in 2022. No way I would send them our pick this year and would be hesitant to send them our pick in 2021 even if protected.

They get the Nets pick in 2020 and our protected one in 2022. That is the most I would consider. We keep the rebuild going by maintaining our picks in 2020 and 2021; then by 2022 we should at least be a regular in the playoffs.

OKC will want at least a 1st. Not their bullshit one we got either. 

That's why doing a deal with them for Adams is unlikely. We can't afford to trade a 1st rounder as a rebuilding team. Same for our core young pieces. Not possible. That's why a big trade is highly unlikely. We aren't close. We need need all of our key assets

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

This team really hasn't played good Basketball all year for a stretch. We are trash. Let's remember

We lost

Lin

Dedmon

Prince

Bazemore

And 

Kev been hurt and Collins been suspended but even those two were here, the offense has been ass all year.

Stfu

Cam doesn’t have it.

He can’t shoot on a consistent basis, and his athleticism is not all that impressive. He doesn’t have the personality of a star player either.

He doesn’t have what it takes. He isn’t talented enough.

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

OKC will want at least a 1st. Not their bullshit one we got either. 

That's why doing a deal with them for Adams is unlikely. We can't afford to trade a 1st rounder as a rebuilding team. Same for our core young pieces. Not possible. That's why a big trade is highly unlikely. We aren't close. We need need all of our key assets

So why the reply with language to my post? I said essentially that and more. Schlenk has shown a willingness to play with other peoples money with the trade to move up to 4 as a great example. Moving the Nets pick is other peoples money; but the ask may be two and that would require us to toss in something else.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Cam doesn’t have it.

He can’t shoot on a consistent basis, and his athleticism is not all that impressive. He doesn’t have the personality of a star player either.

He doesn’t have what it takes. He isn’t talented enough.

Trash ass opinion all around.

He got speed, agility, size and length. He gets to spots at will. 

He is currently shooting 38% from three on good volume for December.  We seen growth each month for a player who had no offseason due to injury. 

I don't get the athleticism take. People need to explain it better. Cam is very athletic, he just lacks explosiveness but went it comes to speed and agility, he is top tier for his size. 

He is our most naturally talented player. Hots, are you f***ing blind? What are you watching? Are you confusing Cam Reddish for Allen Crabbe?

I can't with you today. You sound drunk and you aren't making sense right now. Every month this dude been improving offensively and you say this dumb shit.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Does OKC need more picks? They already have about 20 coming their way.

Of course they do. Rebuilding teams always do. Besides the obvious of using the picks for picks. There are trade possibilities to move up, like we did, and to get a player; which is what some of us want our team to do right now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

So why the reply with language to my post? I said essentially that and more. Schlenk has shown a willingness to play with other peoples money with the trade to move up to 4 as a great example. Moving the Nets pick is other peoples money; but the ask may be two and that would require us to toss in something else.

I must have brought the tone hots gave me before I replied to you. My honest bad. I read all posts but reply to those who wrote first which was you in this case.

Travis already said he wants to keep those two picks. I just don't see any reason for him to trade it. 

We just aren't in that position yet in our rebuild. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sillent said:

Somebody please frame this comment or put it in the prediction column. On that note my unborn baby doesn't have it either. He isn't walking yet or nothing since people/stars instantly are supposed to come out the womb or into the court being great instantly. I'm sure Kawhi and Paul George had the same sentiments. Probably not Kawhi because expectations were low. 

Not just those two, look at all two way wings as rookies. None of them set the world on fire. Why? Because the hardest thing to do in the NBA is to be a two way wing. Those players get the toughest assignments. They have to guard the most skilled players, they run through screens all day, they at the same time are supposed to be good impacts on offense. That's extremely difficult to do. It takes mastery and when you are a rookie, what do you completely lack, mastery 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not just those two, look at all two way wings as rookies. None of them set the world on fire. Why? Because the hardest thing to do in the NBA is to be a two way wing. Those players get the toughest assignments. They have to guard the most skilled players, they run through screens all day, they at the same time are supposed to be good impacts on offense. That's extremely difficult to do. It takes mastery and when you are a rookie, what do you completely lack, mastery 

Thank you! Sounds like a bit of Bembry/TP love as well so thank you! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

1. Naw, the way Dedmon was so critical for us past year was defensive communication. LP can adjust his gameplan but defenders have to be physical just enough to give the bigs a chance. Hunter did a good job on that tonight even if it didn't show up on the logs. Bembry has generally done a good job at that as well. That said, our bigs outside of Collins are either too slow like VC or too dumb and laterally slow. LP can change up his defense a thousand times but he needs bigs who can move and have good BBIQ 

3. You saw Daniel Gafford. He too needs to be on the Windy City Bulls. The big issue I have with Bruno is his size. It makes it be where he needs to be so smart and skilled like Grant Williams to justify him being on the court for longer than 5 mins. If you just watch him, his BBIQ is low, his feel for the game is troublesome, he lacks strength needed as a center which is normal for a rook and he lacks positional versatility on offense. But he is talented and I do believe in Bruno and a buyer of his stock long term.

4. His defense is a bigger killer than his rebounding. He is just terrible but playing with Parker hurts him more. In the short time he had with Vince, he has looked better. He needs to someone who knows as his partner. I already know John would hate on him defense. 

5. He is great PDS guy but he is not a primary ball handler. He is a rhythm dribbler, it has to be in the flow of the offense. He can't setup things. He just don't have a PG feel. Cam has the best PG feel but he doesn't have a decent feel in general right now and it messes up his PG game. Hunter just lacks it all together. Hunter is doing better as a PnR handler, growth. 

6. Trae trying too do to much. He was gassed. I just didn't see it tonight for him. He was short on mostly everything and too strong going to the basket. They put all their energy to beat Miami. They didn't have it tonight. Which is why Len and Reddish were critical but those two disappeared in the 2nd half

5. Is what I noticed when watching Huerter. He doesn’t look like a guy who will ever be able to consistently create his own offense or create for others CONSISTENTLY. 

• Premium Member

How about setting our sights on Hassan Whitesides?

He can anchor the defense/rebounding... and I don't know if Portland has the want for him.  They got Skal.  We can dish a contract and a player and get Whitesides. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

5. Is what I noticed when watching Huerter. He doesn’t look like a guy who will ever be able to consistently create his own offense or create for others CONSISTENTLY. 

This is also true. You know why? He lacks the ability to consistently beat his man off the dribble and he lacks footwork and strength to get his shoot off v. Great defense.

When he beats his man off the dribble, he been efficient creating for others than Trae but Trae can do it so many times a game, at times with double coverage and Kevin can occasionally defending on the defender. 

Kevin is at his best on PnR but in order for his PnR to work, he needs bigs who can run PnRs which we don't have anyone but VC who can that's currently active. John should help him in this area. 

Kevin more than even DeAndre needs space to operate in. Losing Dedmon for Jones is like trading an old Audi for a Plymouth Prowler? Why would you do that?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

How about setting our sights on Hassan Whitesides?

He can anchor the defense/rebounding... and I don't know if Portland has the want for him.  They got Skal.  We can dish a contract and a player and get Whitesides. 

Whiteside would be terrible for this team. Len doesn't move well in space and plays much better defense and it's clear we need more than Len. Besides Portland isn't in position to trade him with both Collins and Nurkic being out.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Whiteside would be terrible for this team. Len doesn't move well in space and plays much better defense and it's clear we need more than Len. Besides Portland isn't in position to trade him with both Collins and Nurkic being out.

Whitesides will rack up on Blocks and Rebounds.    We don't need an Al Horford positional defender.  We need a deterrent for the easy layup.  It's a layup drill and we knew it would be when we drafted Trae and Collins.   Now, we're here.   We need an enforcer down low..  Not somebody who is going to be a great perimeter defender... we need a great rim protector. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sillent said:

Somebody please frame this comment or put it in the prediction column. On that note my unborn baby doesn't have it either. He isn't walking yet or nothing since people/stars instantly are supposed to come out the womb or into the court being great instantly. I'm sure Kawhi and Paul George had the same sentiments. Probably not Kawhi because expectations were low. 

We know that (baring some kind of medical issue) that babies will be able to walk because of thousands of years of evidence.

Silly comparison.

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Whitesides will rack up on Blocks and Rebounds.    We don't need an Al Horford positional defender.  We need a deterrent for the easy layup.  It's a layup drill and we knew it would be when we drafted Trae and Collins.   Now, we're here.   We need an enforcer down low..  Not somebody who is going to be a great perimeter defender... we need a great rim protector. 

We clearly need a positional defender. We also clearly need a paint protector. We need a lot, it's like you forget we got Trae Young who also can't defend in space or v. The PnR. Trae/Whiteside is roadkill. It won't work and it will only hurt us. I watch too many Blazers games this year. Whiteside is one of the least wanted bigs I've seen in years.

Coming into this game, Hawks rated high on blocks. Low on steals, defensive efficiency, offensively execution, rebounding and transition defense. 

Of those low end items, the only one he can help us in is rebounding.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

We clearly need a positional defender. We also clearly need a paint protector. We need a lot, it's like you forget we got Trae Young who also can't defend in space or v. The PnR. Trae/Whiteside is roadkill. It won't work and it will only hurt us. I watch too many Blazers games this year. Whiteside is one of the least wanted bigs I've seen in years.

In my perfect world...  we trade for Whitesides and Klay.   But that's me on the pipe.   My point is that when you don't have paint protection, you look for a rim protecting C.   Not a positional defender.  We were a lost waiting to happen against bigger teams because Horf couldn't protect the rim.  Big guys used to dominate him and we had to rely on outscoring other teams.  I would have rather we had both a rim protector and somebody to help on the perimeter.  

Finally about Whitesides.  He's an easy trade.   Something like Chandler could get him.   Give me a player who fits a need for a player who fits nothing everyday. 

38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trash ass opinion all around.

He got speed, agility, size and length. He gets to spots at will. 

He is currently shooting 38% from three on good volume for December.  We seen growth each month for a player who had no offseason due to injury. 

I don't get the athleticism take. People need to explain it better. Cam is very athletic, he just lacks explosiveness but went it comes to speed and agility, he is top tier for his size. 

He is our most naturally talented player. Hots, are you f***ing blind? What are you watching? Are you confusing Cam Reddish for Allen Crabbe?

I can't with you today. You sound drunk and you aren't making sense right now. Every month this dude been improving offensively and you say this dumb shit.

It’s true that Cam is playing a little better in December than in November, but when you’re playing as bad as he was in November, there is only one way to go.

Yes, my meaning was that he lacks explosiveness. I don’t think he is as quick as you think he is....And his finishing? Eh.

Sorry, not as impressed as you.

Edited by Plainview1981