• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Collins ain't fixing this

NBASupes

Just now, Spud2nique said:

I haven’t seen too much of Ball? Why is he so good? Is he involved with his dad on the biz side? 😩 can’t have that.

Ant 🐜 man all the way. Wise works too. 

Ball has Trae like vision at 6'6ish.   If he reaches his full potential, he'll be special.  You have to just watch the passes he makes in highlights and you'll understand. His feel for the game is not as good as Trae's at this age, but he just has natural talent. 

Anthony Edwards is by FAR the number 1 pick int his draft.  It has nothing to do with him being from GA or going to UGA.  He's 6'4 - 6'5" with like 6'9" to 7" wingspan, 225 pounds  and unbelievable althleticism. He's the youngest kid in the draft along with Lamelo Ball and Killian Hayes.  Edwards has the potential to be one of the best two way two guards in this generation.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

With Collins and Huerter 100% we are a team that could have flirted with being. 500... When Collins returns the hole will simply be too big to dig out of I'm afraid. 

I don't think this is a .500 team with both guys healthy. We still don't have a true starting center or a backup point guard. We still have our two rookies under performing. They are starting to play better this month to give them credit.

This team was never about making the playoffs this year. It was about growth and seeing what we have. We still are missing a starting center and a backup point guard for not just this season but going forwards.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

If we get a top 3 pick Anthony Edwards and Lamelo will be top priority.  Anthony Edwards is what the Hawks need.  He'll demand double teams and no way in hell any team will double team Trae to leave that beast going 4 on 3 with space in the half court.  He also has great defensive ability. 

ATL kid going to the Hawks. Story writes itself.  He'll rep ATL so hard. 

I think Wiseman is the better fit because Edwards complicates our Red Velvet/Cam rotation but they can always move one of those two in a deal if need be. Edwards if he keeps balling like this is going to be the undeniable #1 pick.

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

If we get a top 3 pick Anthony Edwards and Lamelo will be top priority.  Anthony Edwards is what the Hawks need.  He'll demand double teams and no way in hell any team will double team Trae to leave that beast going 4 on 3 with space in the half court.  He also has great defensive ability. 

ATL kid going to the Hawks. Story writes itself.  He'll rep ATL so hard. 

Agreed.

Edwards/Wiseman/Lamelo/Cole/RJ/Deni

Thats my board atm...

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I think Wiseman is the better fit because Edwards complicates our Red Velvet/Cam rotation but they can always move one of those two in a deal if need be. Edwards if he keeps balling like this is going to be the undeniable #1 pick.

Not really, One or both will have to go to the bench.  Wiseman will take time to develop. I'm for him too, but Edwards just seems special to me.

• Like 2

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Not really, One or both will have to go to the bench.  Wiseman will take time to develop. I'm for him too, but Edwards just seems special to me.

Are you saying you don't think there would be people eager to trade for Cam or Huert?

Just now, AHF said:

Are you saying you don't think there would be people eager to trade for Cam or Huert?

Nope, just saying have  A level talent on the bench too.  Excellent benches were the key to the first GS championship and Toronto's last year.  

With Edwards, his first year, I see him playing backup PG/SG.  He can split that role with Cam/Heurter whoever is deemed to have that role next year.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Nope, just saying have  A level talent on the bench too.  Excellent benches were the key to the first GS championship and Toronto's last year.  

With Edwards, his first year, I see him playing backup PG/SG.  He can split that role with Cam/Heurter whoever is deemed to have that role next year.  

OK.  That makes it more clear for me.  His original post said, "if need be" so I was assuming there was a need to trade one and you didn't think we'd find a taker.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I don't think this is a .500 team with both guys healthy. We still don't have a true starting center or a backup point guard. We still have our two rookies under performing. They are starting to play better this month to give them credit.

This team was never about making the playoffs this year. It was about growth and seeing what we have. We still are missing a starting center and a backup point guard for not just this season but going forwards.

Yeah, I didn't see .500 either but we'd be playing better.

I think Hunter sandwiched between Huerter and Collins would have provided Pierce to bring him along at his own pace and develop offensively as opposed to Hunter having more of an offensive burden immediately.

Cam would not have been thrust into a starting role with immediate expectations.

Len's offensive struggles as a starter would probably have been minimized with Huerter and Collins' ability to score. So he could focus more on defense. I actually think he would have remained the starter if KH and JC were available to start.

• Like 3

Collins just helps in so many areas. He's our best scorer around the basket, he's one of our best shooters, he's our best rebounder, and he's arguably our best rim protector. He pushes Parker to the bench. He pushes VC further down the bench. I think I picked 34 wins before the season, but after seeing the way Trae has played, I think .500 was quite possible without the suspension. 

• Like 3

He isn't fixing this totally, but when you choose to take a nap in FAgency (especially at PG/C) and then have injury/dumb suspension, plus real rookie struggles, you have this.

I picked 35 wins and saw the "chance" for more if everything went well, but Schlenk said their projection model said 31 fwiw.

Needless to say, he's on a bit of notice with FAgency next year. It's not spend dumb money, but there are some players you can pick up to help even if they seem like bit guys.

• Like 2

Might change my mind depending on how the potential draft players go the rest of the season, but even assuming the rookies continue to improve, if you grab a top 5 pick in the ping pong balls this time, my top 3 on the wish list would be:

James Wiseman/Anthony Edwards/LaMelo Ball (basically the top 3 on tankathon now, I'd be down with figuring it out with LaMelo)

BPA with the Nets pick, hopefully a big, then BPA with the second.

Then I think you need to sign a C, backup PG, and maybe a glue guy type to be a bench guy.

Perfect case to me for 20-21 as of this moment...

Young/Edwards/Hunter or Reddish/Collins/Noel 

Actual Backup PG (Teague, Augustin, maybe Dragic considering that he's coming off the bench now)/Hunter or Reddish/Huerter/Potentially a Kenrich Williams/Nnaji (draft as well)

Take a young PG in round 2, like Ashton Hagans if he declares for example.

Would the team above be good? IDK, but at least as of now with how I set it up, it seems more competent than what's been rolled out today. Like, for example, having an actual 2nd PG.

If you have everyone there, it gives you a chance to at least hopefully see Young relegate some scoring elsewhere. 

It's a bit of a homer pick with Edwards right now, but if he keeps up what he's shown, I'd absolutely love it. Still a long way to go there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JTB said:

We’re not getting Giannis here smh...we are going to miss out on help with pipe dreaming about a player who we have less than 1% chance of getting 

I honestly shouldn't even respond to your post but do you think top notch players esprcially bigs would be that unwilling to play with Trae?