• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Collins ain't fixing this

NBASupes

I don't think he is either.

1 ) I don't think a starting C will help, if LP continues to play wings at PF.  Even when Collins comes back, that means Jabari plays the backup 4 . . or 5, depending on how he wants to do it

2) Probably the #1 priority

3) Bruno needs to be in College Park IF LP isn't going to give him decent minutes. Having him play less than 10 minutes a game is a waste

4) Jones inability to move on defense is the killer for him. And his horrible rebounding doesn't help either

5) I like Kevin in the ball handling role.  He just needs to do it more to get better at it.  Someone will have to handle it, if they keep trapping Trae like he's Jordan.

6) Trae is forcing a lot of stuff, which are causing the turnovers.  The Bulls effectively took away his floater game and he didn't have it dialed in from 3.   LOL . . and he still had 15 pts - 13 assists tonight.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

You are right, but I think 1 and 2 were maybe mid season trades. Not long term upgrades, but improving the team. Our health and Collins letting us down means it will probably be an off-season thing. Take the pick and let the team grow at this point.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Travis gotta make moves. 

1. Starting center

2. Backup PG 

Then reevaluate in the offseason 

I seen enough to know 

Bruno needs to be in College Park 

Jones needs to be the 2nd or 3rd center on someone's roster

Kevin works as a secondary ball handler but not as a primary one. 

Trae has a down game and we get smoked is an issue. 

This team is substantially worse than last year's team around this time. Last year, we knew the issue was Trae and he may figure it out. Like we look at Cam to a degree. But this has nothing to do with Trae, this is on Travis. We have no quality vets. Young or old.

Wait...I said all of this before the season and got chased off the site.  What gives?  I also added that a bad roster would lead to bad habits like Hero ball which is on full display right now.

• Like 3

I like the debbie downers timing lol... Let's hear what the noise is come February, Not saying w will completely right the ship but the schedule is definitely about to get alot more friendly for us. That includes the teams we face, having our main core back and internal growth overall. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, sillent said:

I like the debbie downers timing lol... Let's hear what the noise is come February, Not saying w will completely right the ship but the schedule is definitely about to get alot more friendly for us. That includes the teams we face, having our main core back and internal growth overall. 

We just got blown out by Chicago for the 2nd time this season and you're filled with optimism?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

We just got blown out by Chicago for the 2nd time this season and you're filled with optimism?

Their is plenty of disappointment in that game. I'm filled with optimism because understanding the game, season, chemistry and the fact that we won't be whole  again until pretty much next year (because it will still take Collins some games to bounce back) I'm optimistic that there will be better times ahead. Like I told you the 1st time the nba is a marathon not a sprint. No team has sprinted to the point of uncatchable because there haven't been enough games yet to truly decide. We aren't out the playoff hopes. We aren't playing at our max and/or full capacity and still losing. 

I'm optimistic because when you're at your bottom there's nowhere to go but up and we've literally been at the bottom. All I'm saying is don't be surprised about the come up!

• Like 2

Ok just to chime in....I’m looking at this 2021 free agent class and yeah it’s stacked but who the hell are we targeting ? ....

i see Adams and Drummond plus a lot of other notable names but I don’t see any awesome awesome fits. I’m just sayin what’s the use of waiting until 2021...addressing the center and backup pg spot could all be taken care of in a trade with OKC....Adams + Dennis or Noel + Dennis...lets get ball rolling 

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

Ok just to chime in....I’m looking at this 2021 free agent class and yeah it’s stacked but who the hell are we targeting ? ....

i see Adams and Drummond plus a lot of other notable names but I don’t see any awesome awesome fits. I’m just sayin what’s the use of waiting until 2021...addressing the center and backup pg spot could all be taken care of in a trade with OKC....Adams + Dennis or Noel + Dennis...lets get ball rolling 

Are you looking at 2020 free agents or 2021? I know for sure Giannis is a 2021 free agent

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

The only real reason to wait in my opinion is if OKC wants to much. I think they want more than one pick for Adams and that is why is he has not been traded.

I would consider sending the Nets pick ( it turns into two seconds if not conveyed ) and a lottery protected first in 2022. No way I would send them our pick this year and would be hesitant to send them our pick in 2021 even if protected.

They get the Nets pick in 2020 and our protected one in 2022. That is the most I would consider. We keep the rebuild going by maintaining our picks in 2020 and 2021; then by 2022 we should at least be a regular in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Travis gotta make moves. 

1. Starting center

2. Backup PG 

Then reevaluate in the offseason 

I seen enough to know 

Bruno needs to be in College Park 

Jones needs to be the 2nd or 3rd center on someone's roster

Kevin works as a secondary ball handler but not as a primary one. 

Trae has a down game and we get smoked is an issue. 

This team is substantially worse than last year's team around this time. Last year, we knew the issue was Trae and he may figure it out. Like we look at Cam to a degree. But this has nothing to do with Trae, this is on Travis. We have no quality vets. Young or old.

Yep. This has been my stance all season.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I don't think he is either.

1 ) I don't think a starting C will help, if LP continues to play wings at PF.  Even when Collins comes back, that means Jabari plays the backup 4 . . or 5, depending on how he wants to do it

2) Probably the #1 priority

3) Bruno needs to be in College Park IF LP isn't going to give him decent minutes. Having him play less than 10 minutes a game is a waste

4) Jones inability to move on defense is the killer for him. And his horrible rebounding doesn't help either

5) I like Kevin in the ball handling role.  He just needs to do it more to get better at it.  Someone will have to handle it, if they keep trapping Trae like he's Jordan.

6) Trae is forcing a lot of stuff, which are causing the turnovers.  The Bulls effectively took away his floater game and he didn't have it dialed in from 3.   LOL . . and he still had 15 pts - 13 assists tonight.

1. Naw, the way Dedmon was so critical for us past year was defensive communication. LP can adjust his gameplan but defenders have to be physical just enough to give the bigs a chance. Hunter did a good job on that tonight even if it didn't show up on the logs. Bembry has generally done a good job at that as well. That said, our bigs outside of Collins are either too slow like VC or too dumb and laterally slow. LP can change up his defense a thousand times but he needs bigs who can move and have good BBIQ 

3. You saw Daniel Gafford. He too needs to be on the Windy City Bulls. The big issue I have with Bruno is his size. It makes it be where he needs to be so smart and skilled like Grant Williams to justify him being on the court for longer than 5 mins. If you just watch him, his BBIQ is low, his feel for the game is troublesome, he lacks strength needed as a center which is normal for a rook and he lacks positional versatility on offense. But he is talented and I do believe in Bruno and a buyer of his stock long term.

4. His defense is a bigger killer than his rebounding. He is just terrible but playing with Parker hurts him more. In the short time he had with Vince, he has looked better. He needs to someone who knows as his partner. I already know John would hate on him defense. 

5. He is great PDS guy but he is not a primary ball handler. He is a rhythm dribbler, it has to be in the flow of the offense. He can't setup things. He just don't have a PG feel. Cam has the best PG feel but he doesn't have a decent feel in general right now and it messes up his PG game. Hunter just lacks it all together. Hunter is doing better as a PnR handler, growth. 

6. Trae trying too do to much. He was gassed. I just didn't see it tonight for him. He was short on mostly everything and too strong going to the basket. They put all their energy to beat Miami. They didn't have it tonight. Which is why Len and Reddish were critical but those two disappeared in the 2nd half

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

The only real reason to wait in my opinion is if OKC wants to much. I think they want more than one pick for Adams and that is why is he has not been traded.

I would consider sending the Nets pick ( it turns into two seconds if not conveyed ) and a lottery protected first in 2022. No way I would send them our pick this year and would be hesitant to send them our pick in 2021 even if protected.

They get the Nets pick in 2020 and our protected one in 2022. That is the most I would consider. We keep the rebuild going by maintaining our picks in 2020 and 2021; then by 2022 we should at least be a regular in the playoffs.

Does OKC need more picks? They already have about 20 coming their way.

27 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This team really hasn't played good Basketball all year for a stretch. We are trash. Let's remember

We lost

Lin

Dedmon

Prince

Bazemore

And 

Kev been hurt and Collins been suspended but even those two were here, the offense has been ass all year.

2 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

If Travis can do a deal using Cam to bring in another quality player he should do it.

Stfu

• Like 1