• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JTB said:

this will make some of you happy.....

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28425188/amid-trade-talks-andre-drummond-says-wants-finish-career-detroit

Amid trade talks, Andre Drummond says he wants to finish career in Detroit

Common sense that it's only natural in one's own self-interest in a contract year to publicly favor whoever is your current employer, and preserve those good feelings.

Meaningless.

But/and it's also common sense ordinarily to wait until closer to the deadline to make trades.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, sturt said:

Common sense that it's only natural in one's own self-interest in a contract year to publicly favor whoever is your current employer, and preserve those good feelings.

Meaningless.

But/and it's also common sense ordinarily to wait until closer to the deadline to make trades.

Common sense? 🤔

perhaps.....

but maybe just maybe he really do want to stay in Detroit!...there aren’t any reports stating that he asked to be traded

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JTB said:

Common sense? 🤔

perhaps.....

but maybe just maybe he really do want to stay in Detroit!...there aren’t any reports stating that he asked to be traded

The issue is Drummond and Blake ain't working together in Detroit. The pistons dont seem to want him long term so it doesn't really matter what Andre wants. IF that is all true, then it makes sense to get something for him before he leaves. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

The issue is Drummond and Blake ain't working together in Detroit. The pistons dont seem to want him long term so it doesn't really matter what Andre wants. IF that is all true, then it makes sense to get something for him before he leaves. 

True.  Perhaps IND will come to a similar realization with their frontcourt guys before all the value is exhausted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I assume all the risk from injury or hometown discount

Push if he is signed by the Hawks or if he ends the season with a serious injury or misses more than 25% of the rest of the season due to injury.

2 hours ago, Eddielives said:

Aaaaand he got punked by Marcin Gortat in the playoffs and was justly ridiculed for it.  A lot of good those stats did us when it mattered most.  Also, didn't we beat a Howard led Magic team with Jason Collins holding his own against Dwight as a huge reason? That's right.  I believe that happened too.  He was soft as Charmin.  Now, I'm not saying the same would happen with Drummond(I like him a bit more than Dwight especially the fact he's not a douchey soft punkass) but they fit similar profiles to me and don't fit in the modern NBA as integral parts of a championship team.  It's all about the context.  

Being good enough to qualify for the Hall of Fame and being part of winning a championship are two different standards.  Howard will probably be a Hall of Famer and deservedly so because it's about stats to a large degree. 

Gortat had 2 good games in that series, and was rendered useless after Game 2.  Dwight only had 1 good game.  Bud also refused to feed the post, and instead, wanted Dwight to simply set screens and rim run, which is something he didn't embrace.    It's just another classic example of a coach who puts his system ahead of what players actually do best.

We lost that Washington series because in the games that we lost, we couldn't make any 3s.

If we got Drummond, and LP wanted him to set a bunch of screens instead of feeding the post, it would be a waste of what Drummond does best as well.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Gortat had 2 good games in that series, and was rendered useless after Game 2.  Dwight only had 1 good game.  Bud also refused to feed the post, and instead, wanted Dwight to simply set screens and rim run, which is something he didn't embrace.    It's just another classic example of a coach who puts his system ahead of what players actually do best.

We lost that Washington series because in the games that we lost, we couldn't make any 3s.

If we got Drummond, and LP wanted him to set a bunch of screens instead of feeding the post, it would be a waste of what Drummond does best as well.

How good is Drummond on postups?  Unless I remember wrong, Dwight wasn’t very good at posting up.  Dwight’s great fg%s were built on non-postup opportunities like his elite rim running fg% and his super high % off offensive rebounds.

49 minutes ago, AHF said:

How good is Drummond on postups?  Unless I remember wrong, Dwight wasn’t very good at posting up.  Dwight’s great fg%s were built on non-postup opportunities like his elite rim running fg% and his super high % off offensive rebounds.

Dwight was good enough in the post to sustain offense and possibly draw fouls when need be.  With Dwight, it was partially about his ego when he was not being involved in the offense.  But getting a guy touches on offense where he's comfortable, also keeps those types of players engaged on the defensive end.

Like with Bruno last night. 

He gets a touch in the post, and makes about as good of a post move as you'll see on the NBA level and easily scores.  Yet, most of the time, they're restricting him to just setting screens and trying to catch passes in traffic off the pick and roll.  Why not call 2 - 3 post ups for Bruno, who has shown the ability to score, or pass it out to open shooters?  Instead, the Hawks waste whatever offensive skills he has, by restricting 90% of his offense to PnR plays and whatever opportunities he can create for himself.

This is also my issue with how they use Collins.  They don't go to the post with him nearly enough, and would rather run offense setting up bad shooters to take wide open 3s.

• Like 1

As for Drummond, he's more skilled in the open court than Dwight, and actually has decent court vision for a big man.  Detroit fans may want him to dominate every night and carry the team. But maybe the team itself just isn't good enough to be a consistent playoff contender.  We Hawks fans know about about how teams are constructed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What’s interesting to me is that if the hawks really want Drummond long term they are going to trade for him and not wait until free agency....someone made a very good point about owning his bird rights and whatever team has him by trade deadline is going to have a great advantage at resigning him.

therefore here’s where I stand ....if the hawks trade for Drummond I don’t believe it’s all Resseler , I believe it’s also Schlenk and his staff believing it’s a great move to do and they are definitely going to sign him long term.

if they don’t trade for him however I believe this is simply really just interest and nothing more!...and we shouldn’t expect the hawks to seriously go after Drummond even in the off season.

to me it’s simple ...if the hawks really want him they would go get him IF that was the true plan

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JTB said:

Common sense? 🤔

perhaps.....

Maybe.

All I'm saying is that there are clear benefits to saying all the right things to keep your current employer--ie, who you will want to be enthusiastically bidding for your services soon enough--satisfied. And more than that, no one likes a malcontent. Not in Detroit, not in Atlanta, not anywhere. If you give off vibes that you're a malcontent, it discourages interest, it doesn't enhance it.

• Like 2

I have landed in zero interest in Drummond mode. I'll rather pass on him even as a free agent at this point. Not an impact player. Not a winner. MUCH too expensive. Truly empty stats guy. Bad eye test. I was open to an upgrade but I am now convinced that he is a downgrade no matter what considering the potential investment. 

Officially OUT of the Drummond business. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This episode also prompts the question to what degree would Drummond excel if he had "the right" head coach and played in the "the right" system.

And then... is there reason to believe that our coach and our system would incorporate him in a way that would enhance his play in a significant way... not necessarily in terms of his stats, but more substantively, in terms of the team's success... ?

I don't pretend to know, or even have an informed opinion.

• Like 1

Drummond had an awful quarter. He had a tech, gave up several offensive boards, couldn’t finish inside, got blocked and had two turnover. Awful awful awful.

Actually, I disagree with this tweet. This Drummond was 35+ vert. Today's Drummond, LOL! He gained too much weight. 

Waits for NC to post a five paragraphs of bullshit why he thinks someone like Drummond could help

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Actually, I disagree with this tweet. This Drummond was 35+ vert. Today's Drummond, LOL! He gained too much weight. 

Waits for NC to post a five paragraphs of bullshit why he thinks someone like Drummond could help

I'll keep saying it. It's all about the deal. Give up Parsons and the BKN pick (which has very little value to me) and I do the trade. See how he fits and what he adds to the Hawks and then decide whether to invest in him longterm. Very little risk imo. Absolute worst case, he sucks like you suggests but opts in next year and Hawks walk away in 21. Worth the risk in my opinion.

Look. You may be 100% correct. Or it could be that pairing him with Trae and John makes the Hawks substantially better. I'd like to see it for myself. 

And FWIW, I'm less inclined to put much stock in his performances with a dysfunctional Pistons team. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Nope.  Just his full highlights of tonight.   

Looks like to me that he struggled in the post vs the biggest frontline in the league, who had a whopping 20 blocks in this game.  Despite this, he was only ( -1 ) on the floor in 41 whopping minutes.

Why?  Because his rim protection and his defensive rebounding were limiting the Lakers offensive possessions.  Things that the Hawks have struggled with all year.

LOL @ we couldn't use this dude.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Looks like to me that he struggled in the post vs the biggest frontline in the league, who had a whopping 20 blocks in this game.  Despite this, he was only ( -1 ) on the floor in 41 whopping minutes.

Why?  Because his rim protection and his defensive rebounding were limiting the Lakers offensive possessions.  Things that the Hawks have struggled with all year.

Thank you for posting the actual Full game highlights....Drummond looked good despite the low fg%. He Missed some bunnies around the goal that he normally makes but his presence was definitely felt vs the biggest front line in the nba. If he had Trae and Collins next to him they would have given the lakers even more trouble.

games like this tell me he’s worth going after. He didn’t shoot his normal fg% but made some nice passes , really protected the rim vs such a big long front court and vs the whole lakers squad in general as the paint game is their best offense as a team, and as always Drummond rebounded extremely well.

im also impressed with how he handled the ball bringing it up the court though I’d rather he allow the guards to do that but nonetheless he had very good control to be center.

nothing in that game suggested in negativity. I also feel like he got fouled on many possessions around the goal but they are in staples which is like being in the garden so expect bullshit from the refs when those teams are good.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

28 million.

30 million per year moving forward. 

Not

Interested

Alex Len provides rim protection and occasionally scores for 6 million per year which is a small chunk of the salary cap

Thanks for posting this, it shows how unworthy he is for this salary and demands.

Dwight Howard rebounds and scores for 2.3 million per year but your ass wants to spend 30 million for rim protection and just a decent WAR center. Not even an very good or elite one either. E-Z pass.

Edited by NBASupes

17 hours ago, AHF said:

Bet proposal:  

If Len commands a salary of $12M or greater next season, you can pick my avatar for a month.

If his salary is less than $10M next season, I pick yours for a month.  

In between is a push.

@thecampster

Nothing like a public negotiation. I said $10 million or more. You want to make the push between $10 and $12 million. Now if you really want to show some stones you'd make the bet at $10 million as originally stated. So even though you know I don't normally bet, greater than $10 million I win, less than $10 million you win. Bet is null and void if Len misses > 25% of the remaining season due to injury, trade for a greater big man which impacts his value or if Len is traded by the deadline and instead of an avatar change how about this. For 3 days loser will have to like the posts of the winner no matter much they disagree. Each and every post, up and to the limit of daily likes. The loser will also have to respond with "I agree".