• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

6 minutes ago, GameTime said:

FYI on the Brooklyn pick Kyrie might be out the entire season:

Not sure it would even convey this year after hearing this news. If it conveys next year with Durant and Irving back healthy, it will probably be a late 1st.

They are a playoff team with or without Kyrie.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, GameTime said:

FYI on the Brooklyn pick Kyrie might be out the entire season:

Not sure it would even convey this year after hearing this news. If it conveys next year with Durant and Irving back healthy, it will probably be a late 1st.

Kyrie hasn't played 11 games and Brooklyn struggled. 

They are playing better with Dinwiddie at PG anyway. They play the style that coach wants with him vs Kyrie. Caris Levert is also due back from injured thumb shortly.

In the East - they're fine.

Factor in also that Isaac is out 2 months for Orlando as well.

• Like 4

I guess I would do the deal if the Brooklyn pick stays out of it.  I like the idea of assessing fit without committing to anything long term.  If it works, it works, and that's a good thing.  You can still subtly tank to keep draft position.  If it doesn't work, you won't have to worry about tanking because obviously we'll just continue to suck.  They could have their pick of Bruno or cam or len or bembry in order to give them some value.  We can replace any of them with the Brooklyn pick.  

While maybe Drummond isn't the ideal target, he's gettable and I have to admit that there could be a fit with Collins.

Edited by txsting

10 minutes ago, txsting said:

I guess I would do the deal if the Brooklyn pick stays out of it.  I like the idea of assessing fit without committing to anything long term.  If it works, it works, and that's a good thing.  You can still subtly tank to keep draft position.  If it doesn't work, you won't have to worry about tanking because obviously we'll just continue to suck.  They could have their pick of Bruno or len or bembry in order to give them some value.  We can replace any of them with the Brooklyn pick.  

While maybe Drummond isn't the ideal target, he's gettable and I have to admit that there could be a fit with Collins.

Don't put Cam in this bullshit

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Len is an absolute bargain right now and is in his final year. Len will command at least 10 million next year on the free agent market and maybe as much as $15 million.  Think this through man.  Dedmom got $13 million a year and is a smidge less than Len.  

And Len is still a backup.

He's not getting anything close to $15 million.

The Dedmon contract is looking like a bad signing for Sac, let that be a lesson to other teams. M

I think Len tops out at $8 million.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, gurpilo said:

From Rotoworld, sorry if this was already posted.

Following Saturday's win over the Warriors, Andre Drummond said that he wants to finish his career in Detroit.

With the Pistons well off the pace in the race for a playoff spot and Drummond able to be a free agent this summer (if he declines a $29 million player option), he's been the focus of some trade rumors. On Friday it was reported by ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski that the Pistons have engaged in "serious" talks with the Hawks about a possible deal. And while he certainly understands the nature of the business, Drummond said that he would like to remain in Detroit. "I was never brought up to be a quitter. If I start somewhere, I try to finish there, try to complete the mission, which is to win a championship here," Drummond said. "It will never be me that wants to go anywhere ... I love being here. I would love to play here the rest of my career."

He gone

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He is simply not worth 6x more than Len. He is extremely overvalued.

Finally

This.  Look.  Drummond is a helluva player.  You gotta respect his ability to rebound and be a defensive game changer at times.  But he's NOT a max player in today's NBA by any stretch if you're trying to build a championship team. He's basically a likeable, non-douchebag, Dwight Howard.  He doesn't stretch the floor, cannot hit free throws, and becomes a garbage only offensive player when playing against a good team with another competent defensive big.  There is a reason he's being shopped.  Detroit, much like Atlanta with Howard, is looking for the most pennies on the dollar for a guy that, again, is really great at certain things, but is not a well rounded player.  The team that gives him the max will regret it massively.  Stephen Adams, while much less sexy, would provide 90% of what Drummond would bring with half the pricetag.

Edited by Eddielives
grammar
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

This.  Look.  Drummond is a helluva player.  You gotta respect his ability to rebound and be a defensive game changer at times.  But he's NOT a max player in today's NBA by any stretch if you're trying to build a championship team. He's basically a likeable, non-douchebag, Dwight Howard.  He doesn't stretch the floor, cannot hit free throws, and becomes a garbage only offensive player when playing against a good team with another competent defensive big.  There is a reason he's being shopped.  Detroit, much like Atlanta with Howard, is looking for the most pennies on the dollar for a guy that, again, is really great at certain things, but is not a well rounded player.  The team that gives him the max will regret it massively.  Stephen Adams, while much less sexy, would provide 90% of what Drummond would bring with half the pricetag.

Adams is making $25 mil/year.  How is that half of Drummond?  

I don't see Drummond getting a max either, btw and definitely wouldn't want us to do that.  I think the Adams contract is about on par for what Drummond will get, maybe a tad more just bc this is 3 years later.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Adams is making $25 mil/year.  How is that half of Drummond?  

I don't see Drummond getting a max either, btw and definitely wouldn't want us to do that.  I think the Adams contract is about on par for what Drummond will get, maybe a tad more just bc this is 3 years later.

Okay, so half wasn't accurate.  More like a lot less especially if a team pays Drummond 30plus million a year.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

Adams has never cracked the 10 RPG level or 14 PPG.  That ain't 90% of Drummond.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gurpilo said:

From Rotoworld, sorry if this was already posted.

Following Saturday's win over the Warriors, Andre Drummond said that he wants to finish his career in Detroit.

With the Pistons well off the pace in the race for a playoff spot and Drummond able to be a free agent this summer (if he declines a $29 million player option), he's been the focus of some trade rumors. On Friday it was reported by ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski that the Pistons have engaged in "serious" talks with the Hawks about a possible deal. And while he certainly understands the nature of the business, Drummond said that he would like to remain in Detroit. "I was never brought up to be a quitter. If I start somewhere, I try to finish there, try to complete the mission, which is to win a championship here," Drummond said. "It will never be me that wants to go anywhere ... I love being here. I would love to play here the rest of my career."

Not sure what to make of this.

On one hand, I commend him for wanting to be on one team his whole career and trying to win with the Pistons.
He is saying all the things that fans will want to hear from him.

On the other hand, if he is a winner and not a quitter, I’m wondering how come he’s never addressed winning before? How come he’s never pushed the Pistons front office to make moves to get better. I’m just saying if winning is important to Drummond, you certainly can’t tell by his actions to want to play with better teammates.

Is he right for us? 

• Thanks 1