• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The stretch 5 is the most overvalued position in the NBA.  You are much better off with a guy who can score and defend around the rim, than a guy who can shoot the 3.

This season, there are only 18 centers in the NBA who even attempt 2 threes per game. 

• Of that 18, only 12 of those centers average 1 or more threes made per game.  
  • Of those 12, only 2 of those centers average more than 2 threes made per game ( Towns - 3.6 makes . . and Porzingis - 2.2 makes )

The proponents of the "stretch 5" say that those guys open up the floor for everyone else.  Here's where it gets kind of silly though. It opens the floor up for guards to drive to the basket for layups.  But a lot of those guys don't shoot a higher percentage around the basket, than the centers that they're bringing out to the perimeter.

The real value of a "stretch big", lies at the PF spot. If Drummond is added to the Hawks, it's Collins that will see his game expand out to the 3 point line ( like it already has started to do ).   If kept around, a guy like Bruno could develop into a reserve 4/5 guy who could expand his range out to the 3 point line as well, if paired beside Drummond.

I think the real kicker for a Drummond deal is this.  The best PG he's ever played with, is Reggie Jackson.  So as someone said earlier, how much more efficient could a guy like Trae make Andre?

Excellent write up ....and I don’t need to fact check it cause I know it’s all true .

stretch 5s are overrated !

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The stretch 5 is the most overvalued position in the NBA.  You are much better off with a guy who can score and defend around the rim, than a guy who can shoot the 3.

This season, there are only 18 centers in the NBA who even attempt 2 threes per game. 

• Of that 18, only 12 of those centers average 1 or more threes made per game.  
  • Of those 12, only 2 of those centers average more than 2 threes made per game ( Towns - 3.6 makes . . and Porzingis - 2.2 makes )

The proponents of the "stretch 5" say that those guys open up the floor for everyone else.  Here's where it gets kind of silly though. It opens the floor up for guards to drive to the basket for layups.  But a lot of those guys don't shoot a higher percentage around the basket, than the centers that they're bringing out to the perimeter.

The real value of a "stretch big", lies at the PF spot. If Drummond is added to the Hawks, it's Collins that will see his game expand out to the 3 point line ( like it already has started to do ).   If kept around, a guy like Bruno could develop into a reserve 4/5 guy who could expand his range out to the 3 point line as well, if paired beside Drummond.

I think the real kicker for a Drummond deal is this.  The best PG he's ever played with, is Reggie Jackson.  So as someone said earlier, how much more efficient could a guy like Trae make Andre?

To me, the biggest factor is that we can keep Collins, and probably Len for the stretch 5 fans, and probably still get Drummond, without giving up more than bad contracts and maybe a mid first round pick.  We get killed on the boards every game.  Drummond makes a big difference there.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I understand wanting to get better but I really think we should stop and think before pulling a trade like this. I mean things didn’t go the way we had planned with the suspension and injuries. We expected time to develop the kids.

It is what it is right now so why are we gonna try and play ourselves out of a potential top 5 pick. Yes, I understand the lottery odds but a few % here and there might effect the outcome.

With Drummond we could end up being the 10th worst team in the lottery vs top 3. Just saying we here now, let’s make the most of it.

I think we should stick with the plan and see it out the way we drew it up. Patience is the key. Tough times won’t last for too much longer. No bandaid 🩹 please.

It's foolish to land Andre unless the price is right. Detroit can keep him like we did with Millsap and Horford

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Wretch said:

Patience is key when all you are developing young talent, but Trae complicates things.  He's not just a talent, he up there walking among the elites.  I mean, do people not realize this cat is very likely going to be starting the AS game in his second season?  You don't have the luxury of slowly grooming a team for talent like that.

We don't need band-aid/knee-jerky moves, but we can't continue to be the laughing-stock of the league.  Especially with our guy out here flexing and calling game and ish...😅 Drummond is a low risk move.  I like it because it allows us to evaluate him for the remainder of the season as opposed to gambling long term BIG MONEY on him.

That does make a lot of sense. You are right about Trae being an elite and needing an elite to go along with him at this stage. 

It is a low risk move as well. I guess the only real downfall is we are in the #1 position for most lotto balls, if Drummond comes on, we slide to 7-10 imo. I guess though that would show us like you said whether the experiment was a good one or not for that long term deal.

It’s definitely not a no brained situation either way. I hope 🤞🏿 we do the right thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, EazyRoc said:

How ? Like in what ways ?

I think he covers well for others who aren’t the best defenders on the team like us with Trae. Adams is just a tough as nails good team defender and player overall who spreads nice team chemistry. He’s durable usually doesn’t miss a game if he can help it. We need toughness, that’s him.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Wretch said:

@Spud2nique, I almost always agree with you 100%... So much so that sometimes I wonder if I'm actually suffering from some kind of multiple personality disorder. lol This time though, I'm in a different camp.

Burner brothers? That’s what they’ll call us! 😃 🤣 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

A lot of good debate going on here. Mark me in the I hope we do it assuming we don’t give up too much. See how he fits and decide on him later. If he doesn’t fit we can move on, and that is much better than signing him as a FA and being stuck with him. Also, it probably adds a boost of morale to our team, mainly Trae. 

Great points !

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Pro Drummond notes 📝:

In the last 6 years, he’s missed 9 games. 😳 That’s pretty incredible for a big. (Also a negative here because even though he’s 26, he’s had enough games and minutes for a 28-29 year old, wear n tera could come but he’s shown he’s mad 😡 strong 💪🏾).

Going on 3rd year of being the NBA’s rebounding champ 🏆 roughly 16 per a night.

Also, as someone mentioned before he’s never played with anyone even close to Trae’s talent level. You would be putting the best passer and extreme range shooters in Trae with the best rebounder in the game. Lethal 1-5 punch 🥊.

He’s averaging about 2 blocks and 2 steals which is insane for a center (steals) but why are his turnovers at a career high 3.6 this year? Seems awfully high for a center.

Something I read, maybe it's a link on this thread?  ...anyway, there's some concerns about him...um...experimenting with stuff he ain't supposed to be doing. 

Full disclosure though...  I'm a sucker for cats like Mutombo, Oakley, and Rodman that rebound, defend, and block shots.  Give me a dude that'll put up 0 pts, 2 blocks, and 17 rebounds all day long. lol  So, I can't lie, I like what Drummond does.  I like the Trae/Drummond implications as much as I dig the Drummond/Collins/Hunter implications.  Rebounds would be on back-order for anybody not wearing a Hawks uni. 🤣

Edited by Wretch
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Pro Drummond notes 📝:

In the last 6 years, he’s missed 9 games. 😳 That’s pretty incredible for a big. (Also a negative here because even though he’s 26, he’s had enough games and minutes for a 28-29 year old, wear n tera could come but he’s shown he’s mad 😡 strong 💪🏾).

Also, as someone mentioned before he’s never played with anyone even close to Trae’s talent level. You would be putting the best passer and extreme range shooters in Trae with the best rebounder in the game. Lethal 1-5 punch 🥊.

He’s averaging about 2 blocks and 2 steals which is insane for a center (steals) but why are his turnovers at a career high 3.6 this year? Seems awfully high for a center.

Just looking at his basic stats, he’s averaging a career high in shots (not by much) and close to three assists a game. His assists are at 2.6, his career high is 3, and he’s usually around 1 per game. Maybe they are running more of the offense through him and that is leading to turnovers?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Pro Drummond notes 📝:

That's what I'm talking about Spudzie. If I didn't know better I'd say you were on board!!

• Haha 1