• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

Not to derail anything about Drummond even though I don't necessarily take anything Ladner says serious at the moment because he wrote up last nights game like he didn't watch it, you know. Anyway can Parker just be moved for an average two way backup PF to help JC? JC, Len and Bruno cover the C spot, match up dependent of course. LP is obviously gonna play JC at both spots in my mind. Not as exciting of a trade but wonder if it is more feasible.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Whoever trades for Drummond will likely be the team that keeps him . That’s my mindset on this .

....and if the hawks have truly been monitoring him this long then they should go about acquiring him in a good deal.

personally and this is just my opinion of course I think the hawks have a huge possibility of striking out in the 2021 free agency with just trae and Collins on the team but would seem much much more appealing if Mid to Top level free agents see trae, Collins, Drummond plus the other youngsters.

What about suddenly disgruntled stars on other team who are signed to contracts but want out?

Several of those every year. So striking out in free agency wouldn’t be the end of us. I’m telling you, it’s a matter of time before guys like Embiid and Simmons hate each other, not that I want them I’m just using an example. The Wolves 🐺 could implode. Denver...Utah..guys are gonna want out soon. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I disagree.  Your not getting KAT, he has 4 years left on his deal.  As for the draft there are no players on talent level of Drummond.  The young players we have minus Trae are not game changers.  Free agency this year is thin.  

The logic makes no sense.  We rank dead last in the NBA ranking.  

If we stay the course, we draft Anthony Edwards and pickup Drummond in free agency.  To boot, we can trade Brooklyn’s 1st and Hawks 2nd round pick if we want a role player veteran or move up in the draft.

Why give up assets now for Drummond...win a few games for what?   If Drummond walks and we gave up Brooklyn’s 1st round pick for a 4 month rental, there’s no long term added benefit and flexibility to maneuver.  

KAT is a pipe dream but we have the cap space for him.  NBA players are taking notice on the Hawks promising core of players.  It’s damn exciting watching T. Young on tv and NBA players want to play with him.  We wait until the 2021 free agency class.  We are positioned for it, and Schlenk worked his @55 off to get us in this position.  Teams will want to position themselves for the 2021 free agency class and we are a hot commodity to negotiate with teams if the opportunity presents itself. We just have to wait and the Drummond situation is not worth it before the trade deadline.     

• Like 2

23 hours ago, JTB said:

Drummond is still young man...I think it’s fair to give him a shot with a young team around his age.
i think the plan may be to just see how he looks with the hawks over the rest of this year and once he opts in next season too. All the hype has been about 2021 free agency well trading and getting Drummond doesn’t mess up any of those plans ...plus 2020 free agency is weak.

if we have the right team and coaches around Drummond the effort and defense will show right away. As far as shooting ...well can’t have everything! 🤷🏾‍♂️

this is why I said the center position in LPs scheme is too hard to find therefore in my opinion there was never going to be a perfect fit at center which is also why I made a thread a few days ago “when should LP consider a scheme change ??”...cause every thing you mentioned is exactly what LP and this team needs at center for this scheme and that is like finding a unicorn!...it ain’t gonna happen

I "like" all of this.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

What about suddenly disgruntled stars on other team who are signed to contracts but want out?

Several of those every year. So striking out in free agency wouldn’t be the end of us. I’m telling you, it’s a matter of time before guys like Embiid and Simmons hate each other, not that I want them I’m just using an example. The Wolves 🐺 could implode. Denver...Utah..guys are gonna want out soon. 

Spin it up in another thread ! I’m waiting on someone to do it cause I can tell you right now from listening to nba radio all day there have already been shots taken at Simmons...from the players to the staff.

“if you’re open you gotta shoot it”

supes already said his guy told him Simmons was on the block and I truly believe it. Simmons and embiid do not fit.

Elton Brand would probably take huerter, a expiring player contract, and the Brooklyn pick for Simmons (no way in hell embiid will even be thought of to be traded so let’s not go that route)....so do you think Simmons would fit with trae?

i legitimately thought about this a few days ago cause if we don’t get Drummond this will come up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Listen guys. Who do we get at center position who is better than Drummond ?

I mean seriously. There isn’t a better center prospect in the draft nor free agency. 

Imagine being able to add him and we start winning games. Now we could likely resign him and now have gotten an All Star center for pennies. 

If we don’t resign him, we have gave up literally nothing for him.

I don’t get this fetish with hoarding draft picks. Trae, JC, Huerter, Cam, and DeAndre are all under 24.

We’ve got plenty of young talent 🗣🗣🗣

So again..who do we get that’s better than Drummond and how ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

Spin it up in another thread ! I’m waiting on someone to do it cause I can tell you right now from listening to nba radio all day there have already been shots taken at Simmons...from the players to the staff.

“if you’re open you gotta shoot it”

supes already said his guy told him Simmons was on the block and I truly believe it. Simmons and embiid do not fit.

Elton Brand would probably take huerter, a expiring player contract, and the Brooklyn pick for Simmons (no way in hell embiid will even be thought of to be traded so let’s not go that route)....so do you think Simmons would fit with trae?

i legitimately thought about this a few days ago cause if we don’t get Drummond this will come up.

Not specifically Embiid or Simmons but Rudy Gobert is a free agent in 2021 and he fits if we strike out on Giannis. Im just saying there will be more opportunities in the future. We shouldn’t strike on the first available deal. Just my take.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

I mean seriously. There isn’t a better center prospect in the draft nor free agency. 

Imagine being able to add him and we start winning games. Now we could likely resign him and now have gotten an All Star center for pennies. 

I don’t get this fetish with hoarding draft picks. Trae, JC, Huerter, Cam, and DeAndre are all under 24.

If we can get him for pennies then sure..Parsons and a couple of 2nds..lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Not specifically Embiid or Simmons but Rudy Gobert is a free agent in 2021 and he fits if we strike out on Giannis. Im just saying there will be more opportunities in the future. We shouldn’t strike on the first available deal. Just my take.

And you know that Gobert is well coached with zero doubt.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

If embiid doesn't hate Simmons already then he's an idiot.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Meh.  All we need is competent at the 5.  This ain't 2k.  No need to just put 'names' at each position.  Get fits.  That's why Adams fits better although Drummond is (allegedly) the better player.

• Thanks 2

The Hawks should be using their 1st round picks to trade for talent, not hope to keep drafting in the late lottery or mid 1st rounds, hoping to find talent.

You play the Lottery to find a potential Hall of Fame talent. We got very lucky and found on our very first trip into the Lottery.  And we already have his 2nd option compliment, who exhibits All-Star potential.

It is now time to start stacking this team with vets, even marginal vets, that know how to play the game.  That way, in 2021 when the "big dogs" become available, you can sell to them that you have:

• A top 15 player in the league in Young, that possibly has Hall of Fame potential, and will get you the ball
  • A top 25 player in the league in Collins, that has All-Star potential
  • A top 30 player in ( Drummond ), that also has All-Star potential
  • Good complimentary young talent that can be key cogs off the bench, or solid starters

That way, when you try to sell yourself to a player like a Giannis or an Olidipo, you can legit say that THEY may be the final piece to a championship caliber team in Atlanta.

Current . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Future

PG - Young . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Young

G - Huerter . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Olidipo

F - Hunter . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Giannis / Kawhi . . . . . ( only 1 of the 2 may be available )

PF - Collins . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Collins

C - Bruno/Len/Jones . . . . . .  Davis / Drummond . . . . . ( Drummond will be far easier to trade for, than to sign in free agency )

* NOTE: Only 2 of the 5 guys in red could be added to the team in 2021. More than likely, only 1 will be added.

All of this talk about not rushing the process is unfounded.  If you're content to keep the team young, you're much more likely to end up still terrible like the Phoenix Suns or Sacramento Kings in year 4 - 6, than if you actually try to acquire elite talent to put around your superstar.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The Hawks should be using their 1st round picks to trade for talent, not hope to keep drafting in the late lottery or mid 1st rounds, hoping to find talent.

You play the Lottery to find a potential Hall of Fame talent. We got very lucky and found on our very first trip into the Lottery.  And we already have his 2nd option compliment, who exhibits All-Star potential.

It is now time to start stacking this team with vets, even marginal vets, that know how to play the game.  That way, in 2021 when the "big dogs" become available, you can sell to them that you have:

• A top 15 player in the league in Young, that possibly has Hall of Fame potential, and will get you the ball
  • A top 25 player in the league in Collins, that has All-Star potential
  • A top 30 player in ( Drummond ), that also has All-Star potential
  • Good complimentary young talent that can be key cogs off the bench, or solid starters

That way, when you try to sell yourself to a player like a Giannis or an Olidipo, you can legit say that THEY may be the final piece to a championship caliber team in Atlanta.

Current . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Future

PG - Young . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Young

G - Huerter . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Olidipo

F - Hunter . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Giannis / Kawhi . . . . . ( only 1 of the 2 may be available )

PF - Collins . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Collins

C - Bruno/Len/Jones . . . . . .  Davis / Drummond . . . . . ( Drummond will be far easier to trade for, than to sign in free agency )

* NOTE: Only 2 of the 5 guys in red could be added to the team in 2021. More than likely, only 1 will be added.

All of this talk about not rushing the process is unfounded.  If you're content to keep the team young, you're much more likely to end up still terrible like the Phoenix Suns or Sacramento Kings in year 4 - 6, than if you actually try to acquire elite talent to put around your superstar.

So what are you saying Todd? 🧐 

Are you pro trading for Drummond or against?

12 minutes ago, Thomas said:

And you know that Gobert is well coached with zero doubt.

That’s why we sent our guy there early, to groom 🤵🏽 the Frenchman! 😉 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Meh.  All we need is competent at the 5.  This ain't 2k.  No need to just put 'names' at each position.  Get fits.  That's why Adams fits better although Drummond is (allegedly) the better player.

Whose a better fit for us?

Steven Adams/ Rudy Gobert/Andre Drummond

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Adams ceiling for us- conf. Finals

Gobert - Conference finals or finals

Drummond- 1st or 2nd round exit

Depends on which DRummond we get. IF he's engaged he can be a monster..A change of scenery with a player like Trae might just do it...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

How does Adams fit better than Drummond ?

• Like 1