• Get as Excel Workbook (experimental)
    • Get table as CSV (for Excel)
    • Strip Mobile Formatting
    • Copy Link to Table to Clipboard
    • About Sharing Tools
    • Video: SR Sharing Tools & How-to
    • Video: Stats Table Tips & Tricks
  • Glossary
Player G W L GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
Andre Drummond 9 8 1 9 32.1 7.9 12.9 .612 0.2 0.2 1.000 3.0 5.1 .587 6.6 9.3 15.9 1.7 1.4 1.6 3.6 3.8 19.0
Karl-Anthony Towns 9 1 8 9 33.6 8.0 14.8 .541 1.3 3.9 .343 2.9 3.6 .813 2.0 6.7 8.7 2.4 0.4 1.4 2.4 3.7 20.2

Drummond more than holds his own against Towns and wins 8 out of 9 games head to head.  Plus, he's not soft.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Been around the Hawks 30 years I have some contacts.   Two important people have been upset, Trae and Ressler.  I didnt think a couple days ago anything would happen but that has apparently changed.  To be clear I am not or have not been attached to the Hawks but I am a businessman that has been in circles of those that have been.  

Interesting I had no clue 

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

When owners start getting involved with player personnel decisions, that makes me really nervous. It never ends well.

This is not a Jerry Jones type situation.   

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

When owners start getting involved with player personnel decisions, that makes me really nervous. It never ends well.

Preach.

They ain't scouting nobody and wouldn't have much of a clue what to do with the info if they did.

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No doubt.  Especially the owner that probably pushed to sign Dwight and 'personally' took over the Milsap negotiation.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Vol4ever said:

It's no Peter Holt either? Who you ask? Spurs owner - you don't hear a peep out of him.

Remember this:

Again, It just makes me really nervous

• Like 3

• Moderators

Hire your GM.  Let them make the decisions until you no longer believe in them and fire them.  If you hire a “yes man” who just does what the owner wants, you are already doomed.  Just set your money on fire.  Or agree to pay Evan Turner.  (Same thing)

Good owners let GMs run the show.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's no Peter Holt either? Who you ask? Spurs owner - you don't hear a peep out of him.

Remember this:

Again, It just makes me really nervous

Whether Peter Holt or whomever, they are involved whether we hear about it or not.  They own multi million or billion dollar companies. No moves are made at that level with any team without that owner giving the ok.  

• Like 1

Oh come on this is a no brainer. Ressler has to get involved to keep Schlenk from building a complete loser. Morale on this team was crazy low because Schlenk put together a garbage pail roster. Ressler is saying it’s time to shift back in the other direction, towards being competitive. That’s the problem..we weren’t even competitive with the roster we had/have. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Oh come on this is a no brainer. Ressler has to get involved to keep Schlenk from building a complete loser. Morale on this team was crazy low because Schlenk put together a garbage pail roster. Ressler is saying it’s time to shift back in the other direction, towards being competitive. That’s the problem..we weren’t even competitive with the roster we had/have. 

A team he promised would be competitive on a nightly basis at that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Based on Schlenk’s drafting... I’m not sure a draft pick is valuable to this team right now.

Well I don’t think that’s why they are considering trading the pick  lol 

Schlenk draft decisions as of right now are fine. Trae and Collins were great decisions and we have to play the wait and see game for the others but back to the Brooklyn pick being available.

I believe that Brooklyn pick is being moved due to no need of having a roster full of developing players and no already established players. We literally have 6 young players in Trae, Collins, Huerter, Cam, Hunter, Fernando all needing to continue development and will likely face some tough mountains to climb over as they develop. 
then you add our pick from this years draft coming up and that’s 7 players that will likely all be  apart of the “young core” 

It’s too much to add two more young players aka young projects to this already extremely young team . 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

Aside:

As the local ambassador to Squawk from AT&T Stadium, I would remind people that talent acquisition hasn't really been the problem with Jerry for several years... rather, it's been the degree to which he's imposed himself in the coaching realm, including deciding who should call plays.

Just sayin.

Zooming back out... but as Vol suggests... it doesn't sound like Ressler is getting involved in the specifics, just generally wanting to see a better product sooner than later.

Stay strong Colonel. Don't force it. Don't let your boss persuade you to do things your Spidey sense says aren't actually helpful to the big picture goal. If something falls in your lap, take it, but don't stretch your neck out there with dastardly ideas like sending out a 1st round draft pick for a 4 month rental.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

Well I don’t think that’s why they are considering trading the pick  lol 

Schlenk draft decisions as of right now are fine. Trae and Collins were great decisions and we have to play the wait and see game for the others but back to the Brooklyn pick being available.

I believe that Brooklyn pick is being moved due to no need of having a roster full of developing players and no already established players. We literally have 6 young players in Trae, Collins, Huerter, Cam, Hunter, Fernando all needing to continue development and will likely face some tough mountains to climb over as they develop. 
then you add our pick from this years draft coming up and that’s 7 players that will likely all be  apart of the “young core” 

It’s too much to add two more young players aka young projects to this already extremely young team . 

Agree completely. I can't have 8 young players on a team I'm expecting to compete for the playoffs. I want like 6 with others vets. That's why I wouldn't be upset trading one of the current young guys (Heurter my preference).

• Like 2