• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

[Winter 2020] Woj Rumor: Drummmmmnd to ATL talks happening

kg01

1 minute ago, sturt said:

Aside:

As the local ambassador to Squawk from AT&T Stadium, I would remind people that talent acquisition hasn't really been the problem with Jerry for several years... rather, it's been the degree to which he's imposed himself in the coaching realm, including deciding who should call plays.

Just sayin.

Zooming back out... but as Vol suggests... it doesn't sound like Ressler is getting involved in the specifics, just generally wanting to see a better product sooner than later.

Stay strong Colonel. Don't force it. Don't let your boss persuade you to do things your Spidey sense says aren't actually helpful to the big picture goal. If something falls in your lap, take it, but don't stretch your neck out there with dastardly ideas like sending out a 1st round draft pick for a 4 month rental.

Right...

I don’t know if this matters as much as long as we have the Flexible  cap space . I know you’re Going to say well why not just wait to sign him over the summer and I think you don’t wait because teams like the Celtics and raptors will build great chemistry to where they’ll just resign him if they trade for him and he does well.

if all we are losing is another 1st rd pick I’m good with going after Drummond 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JTB said:

Well I don’t think that’s why they are considering trading the pick  lol 

Schlenk draft decisions as of right now are fine. Trae and Collins were great decisions and we have to play the wait and see game for the others but back to the Brooklyn pick being available.

I believe that Brooklyn pick is being moved due to no need of having a roster full of developing players and no already established players. We literally have 6 young players in Trae, Collins, Huerter, Cam, Hunter, Fernando all needing to continue development and will likely face some tough mountains to climb over as they develop. 
then you add our pick from this years draft coming up and that’s 7 players that will likely all be  apart of the “young core” 

It’s too much to add two more young players aka young projects to this already extremely young team . 

None of his three picks this year look good, the Dallas trade was not a win and Huerter is forgettable largely.

Right now it doesn’t look like he came out all that well.

I know that’s not why they’re open to trading the pick. Just saying that Schlenk’s drafting is not good and so trading the pick coild be best.

Funny, the only one of Schlenk’s picks that isn’t a crappy defender is the one that isn’t good at anything else.

Edited by Plainview1981

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, JTB said:

It’s too much to add two more young players aka young projects to this already extremely young team . 

"Too much?"

Disagree.

Get through this season first, then next off-season, determine who, if anyone, you believe is superfluous.

If there is someone(s), trade them then.

If none, there's no better time to trade picks than when teams are buzzing the week before draft night... go get your best veteran talent then, if there's someone you like. Otherwise, understand that JC will be going into Year 4, Trae and Velvet into Year 3, which means that those "young core" players will be more routinely regarded as veteran players.

This is absolutely the most tempting time to get ahead of ourselves, and thus, the most potentially problematic phase of molding this team into something special for multiple seasons.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, JTB said:

if all we are losing is another 1st rd pick I’m good with going after Drummond

Incredibly high price for a 4 month rental when you're not even likely to make the damn playoffs.

Doing that would be the equivalent of a panic attack, Colonel. Calm down. Keep a level head.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Based on Schlenk’s drafting... I’m not sure a draft pick is valuable to this team right now.

Schlenk's draft picks havent even developed yet. smh

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, sturt said:

"Too much?"

Disagree.

Get through this season first, then next off-season, determine who, if anyone, you believe is superfluous.

If there is someone(s), trade them then.

If none, there's no better time to trade picks than when teams are buzzing the week before draft night... go get your best veteran talent then, if there's someone you like. Otherwise, understand that JC will be going into Year 4, Trae and Velvet into Year 3, which means that those "young core" players will be more routinely regarded as veteran players.

This is absolutely the most tempting time to get ahead of ourselves, and thus, the most potentially problematic phase of molding this team into something special for multiple seasons.

I don’t agree with that...see that’s what I don’t understand about the new era .

Players are not vets in years 3 or 4....those are guys are still developing in those years. They may not show any kind of real potential until year 3 or 4...look at Oladipo, look at Bam, look at Giannis, look at Sabonis.

i don’t think by years 3 and 4 trae, Collins, huerter can be considered real established vets to be in the ear of new younger guys coming in telling them how to win in this league.

So we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one.

14 minutes ago, sturt said:

Disagree. Totally.

Rookies outside of the top tier rarely assert themselves in their first year to any degree.

These guys have each had some moments when they've flashed that they're capable of becoming significant weapons.

Me, I'm pretty satisfied that our enthusiasm from draft night continues to be warranted.

Bruno has shown very little.

Cam has lots of flaws... He struggles to shoot, he doesn’t finsh around the rim, he isn’t that good of a rebounder or passer and he seems to lack drive... A lack of explosiveness is an issue also.

Hunter looks to be a decent role player, but it’s questionable if his defense is going to translate to the NBA.

In the case of Hunter and Cam.... It’s not like they don’t get plenty of mins. They can both improve some, but I think they’re tracking to be career role players.

Hunter has shown more than Cam overall, but I think his physical talents are somewhat limited.

Edited by Plainview1981

11 minutes ago, sturt said:

Incredibly high price for a 4 month rental when you're not even likely to make the damn playoffs.

Doing that would be the equivalent of a panic attack, Colonel. Calm down. Keep a level head.

Not convinced it would even be a 4 month rental. Drummond could easily opt into his final year. If all they have to five up is Parsons and the Bkn pick it's an easy yes from me. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Not convinced it would even be a 4 month rental. Drummond could easily opt into his final year. If all they have to five up is Parsons and the Bkn pick it's an easy yes from me. 

Right. We don’t need anymore young projects on this roster because we just won’t have minutes for them.

If Goodwin continues to play well in the backup role, we will only have minutes at backup SF and possibly backup C depending on how this trade works out and how the team feels about Bruno long term.

We’ve got young talent at backup SG. We’ve got Jabari at back up PF. We’ve got Bruno at back up C. Where are these hypothetical young players going to get minutes at ? 

51 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

None of his three picks this year look good, the Dallas trade was not a win and Huerter is forgettable largely.

Right now it doesn’t look like he came out all that well.

I know that’s not why they’re open to trading the pick. Just saying that Schlenk’s drafting is not good and so trading the pick coild be best.

Funny, the only one of Schlenk’s picks that isn’t a crappy defender is the one that isn’t good at anything else.

This year? lol. THey're freakin rookies.And theyve both had their moments. Especially Hunter..And Cam is excellent defensively as a rookie..Can we at least give him an NBA offseason first? Trae was a great pick. Schlenk knew he would be great when others said he would BUST...HUerter is fine at 19.. Look at the players drafted after him...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 4

Drummond would be a great get. I hope we can figure out a way to get him cheap enough and maybe have the Pistons deal with his agent about how much he would be willing to stay here. I think the Pistons can even give Drummond and his agent permission to talk to other teams.

6 hours ago, Watchman said:

I don't understand the fascination with Adams.  He is an overpaid mediocre center.  He couldn't win a championship with Westbrook, Durant, Ibaka, etc.  

And what has Drummond done? Drummond is more of a center piece for the Pistons than Adams is for OKC as far as being leaders and getting their teams into the playoff and have success in the playoffs. 

Look I’m not mad if we get Drummond on the cheap. I just don’t want an irrational trade just to make a trade.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

If the owner signs up for a complete/100% rebuild he can't get cold feet in the middle of year two.  That's how franchises end up in perpetual suck.  See Charlotte and Orlando and Detroit who havent believed in 'not competing' 

The only reason this team hasn't been competitive is injuries and suspensions.  The fact that we are competitive at full strength with a rotation almost entirely of guys 23 and under is friggin incredible and should make everyone pretty optimistic.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, sturt said:

If a deal is done it wont be a 4 month rental imo.  The free agent market isn't that great this year.