• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Half the season behind us, what FA targets are you most hoping on Schlenk's radar?

sturt

49 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's my thought as well, however, I'm tired of watching lesser teams beat us based off effort/fire.  That Cav team is gah-bage but plays us like they got a chip on their shoulder.  And we're so nice, we don't respond well.

I'm souring on Collins due to defensive impact as well.  Isaac could be a good target but I think our pick+Collins is an overpay.  Isaac is good but he ain't that good.

I would like Isaac here as well but I do agree! JC and our pick for him isn’t enough! Plus if I’m not mistaken he had a major injury .

heres what I think is going to happen. Collins is in audition mode right now and Schlenk is going to see how he responds with capela defensively. Collins won’t get a max deal this summer unless the numbers are good enough (cheap enough in other words) for Schlenk to actually do it.

like if Collins agreed to a 70 mil deal over 4 years Schlenk would probably roll the dice and sign him long term but we all know JC is looking for the 100 mil over 4 at minimum.

i believe Schlenk will decide to make him a restricted free agent for the 2021 summer and not give him a deal this summer....once capela starts playing JC is going to be watched even closer on defense from now until the summer and probably Up until next seasons trade deadline. Then a decision will be made.

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

And roll with Trae / Goodwin?  You mentioned that Goodwin wouldn't really be the kind of guy who can run the offense like Teague does.   What do you think now?

Lol! Goodwin is not good enough. Especially guarding wings. Sexton was killing him with minimal effort. He makes the least amount of mistakes but he has an easier role. When his role is tough, he gets fried while is not his fault. He isn't here to be a top 10 rotation option. He is here because he's a good 3rd PG in the role we need.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Lol! Goodwin is not good enough. Especially guarding wings. Sexton was killing him with minimal effort. He makes the least amount of mistakes but he has an easier role. When his role is tough, he gets fried while is not his fault. He isn't here to be a top 10 rotation option. He is here because he's a good 3rd PG in the role we need.

So who do we get for backup if we're moving on from Teague?

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

So who do we get for backup if we're moving on from Teague?

Whoever we draft in the top 10. I am hoping it's Anthony or Hayes. Those are the best I've seen at PnR play. Both can really shoot it. I like Ball too but he's too much of a developmental piece but he's an elite passer like Young. That would help our 2nd unit especially if we get another impact player off the bench 

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Agreed.

As I said in another thread, watching the Cavs take it to us for the second time has me shifting gears a bit.  I'd been worried about finding perfect fits game-wise but I'm starting to think finding right attitudes can be just as important.

We have too many nice guys.  That's why, even though I really don't like Hield, that could actually be a good target for us to inject some fire in the ranks.  Harrell too, even though I'm not convinced of the money-fit.

I like this and was starting to think the same thing.

Seems to me that this group is lacking energy far too often! And maybe it’s a bit weird to go about it but I think some energy and attitude need to be added just as much as specific skills.

so I’m with you! Harrell is a guy I didn’t think was a great fit money wise but shit now I’m like we need his energy and passion and always high motor effort pretty bad. Players feed off of that type of play. 

energy is provided in a ton of different ways on the court for teams it can be dunks, long 3s, blocks, fast breaks, etc ....but we don’t have enough energy impact guys on this team outside of a long 3 from trae, a Dunk from Collins, and just sheer passion from dedmon that provides energy with his efforts....perhaps capela is a energizer too in some ways but regardless we need more of it from somewhere! 

all our young core is pretty laid back ...Trae has attitude offensively however and Collins shows some outgoing spirits from time to time but yeah I’m just rambling....it’s not enough at the end of the day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

You can't just trade for a veteran. The right ones have to be available and that team has to want to trade that vet for the pick. 

Like who. No one is available. Otto is having a bad year, he is not opting out. It's an extremely weak FA class at the 3. Same for the draft.

JUst sign Marcus Morris, Crowder, Moe Harkless, Derrick JOnes Jr. or somebody.. We need vets who know what the hell they're doing..lol

Edited by terrell

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Whoever we draft in the top 10. I am hoping it's Anthony or Hayes. Those are the best I've seen at PnR play. Both can really shoot it. I like Ball too but he's too much of a developmental piece but he's an elite passer like Young. That would help our 2nd unit especially if we get another impact player off the bench 

Supes I think you’re shitting on teague too much early on. I see value in teague and keeping him here. I’d rather not spend our top pick on a point guard who’s going to be behind trae. We aren’t good enough to be drafting bench players that high in my opinion.

i get they may come off the bench either way no matter what position we draft but regardless of that if we draft a point guard with our first rd pick that player is likely glued to the bench as this is Traes team.

now if we get a guy like Anthony Edwards a SG....different story in my opinion cause right now the SG/SF starter roles aren’t necessarily locked up long term. Hell even Collins PF position isn’t locked up long term yet. It just doesn’t make sense to me to draft another young pg who has to develop behind our already star young point guard who’s still learning....just weird to me.

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I like Hayes.  I recall an international scout talking about Doncic a year or so ago.  He was asked who the "next Doncic" could be.  He said no one .. however, Killian Hayes was a guy he was watching because he combines "American" athleticism (iirc his dad is from here but played overseas or stte) with international experience (been a pro since 15).

Could be a good injection of defense and secondary playmaking/ballhandling.

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

all our young core is pretty laid back ...Trae has attitude offensively however and Collins shows some outgoing spirits from time to time but yeah I’m just rambling....it’s not enough at the end of the day.

Haha, you're better when you're a ramblin wreck, bro. 😉

You highlight a fear I had with Hunter.  Waaay too talented to be sooo laid back/go with the flow-y.  We need some fire.  It's something a guy like *gulp* Draymond brought to GSW.  An intangible that bore tangible fruit.

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

JUst sign Marcus Morris, Crowder, Moe Harkless, Derrick JOnes Jr. or somebody.. We need vets who know what the hell they're doing..lol

Preach ... although I'm not a Morris-twin fan.  And, I can't believe I'm about to say this but, a guy like whOubre also brings a fire that could help us.

Gah, I can't believe I just typed that.  I'm banning myself.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

Supes I think you’re shitting on teague too much early on. I see value in teague and keeping him here. I’d rather not spend our top pick on a point guard who’s going to be behind trae. We aren’t good enough to be drafting bench players that high in my opinion.

i get they may come off the bench either way no matter what position we draft but regardless of that if we draft a point guard with our first rd pick that player is likely glued to the bench as this is Traes team.

now if we get a guy like Anthony Edwards a SG....different story in my opinion cause right now the SG/SF starter roles aren’t necessarily locked up long term. Hell even Collins PF position isn’t locked up long term yet. It just doesn’t make sense to me to draft another young pg who has to develop behind our already star young point guard who’s still learning....just weird to me.

I meant Cole Anthony, not Anthony Edwards. 

I like Teague, with the exception of this game v. Cleveland, he has had our offensive rating above 100 which is a far cry from what was the case with Goodwin, Turner, and Wallace. That said, our defensive rating has went to shit with the 2nd unit as well.

I do. It's that the best players in this draft are PGs. Just get one of the best players, simple as that. So what we will trade them, that's what good teams do. Add the best players and move the ones who don't have a spot. 

Anthony Edwards is garbage on defense and needs a lot of development like Cam and Trae did. I don't think we have that time in 2020-2021 considering it's playoffs or die. 

Honestly, no one spot right now is locked. Even Trae. His defense is ass. Everyone needs to be getting much better, including him.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Harrell

This. 

ps On the Hield front I suggested a trade a couple months ago but was shot down quick. I don’t want Hield as much now I’m happy with our core.

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Montrezl Harrell is in the top 10 of defensive RAPTOR. That's my #1 target. Honestly, John might need to join Kevin on the bench as well.

Welcome to the club Supes. I’ve had Harrell #1 for a minute.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Montrezl Harrell is in the top 10 of defensive RAPTOR. That's my #1 target. Honestly, John might need to join Kevin on the bench as well.

It doesn’t work with Harrell and capela but you know what we could always split the minutes up between the 3 where all get valuable time right ?

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I like Teague, with the exception of this game v. Cleveland, he has had our offensive rating above 100 which is a far cry from what was the case with Goodwin, Turner, and Wallace. That said, our defensive rating has went to shit with the 2nd unit as well.

I do. It's that the best players in this draft are PGs. Just get one of the best players, simple as that. So what we will trade them, that's what good teams do. Add the best players and move the ones who don't have a spot. 

Anthony Edwards is garbage on defense and needs a lot of development like Cam and Trae did. I don't think we have that time in 2020-2021 considering it's playoffs or die. 

Honestly, no one spot right now is locked. Even Trae. His defense is ass. Everyone needs to be getting much better, including him.

😂 I love the frustration but you know that’s not true ! Even you said it best trae has the mike Vick effect and I truly believe that! Dude a starting all star in his second ...Resseler is likely going to tell Schlenk to build a winner around trae no excuses and if Schlenk can’t do it he will probably get rid of Schlenk before he gets rid of Trae.

i don’t have insiders like you but I know just like you know it’s about winning but it’s about business too and Trae is loved right now despite those defensive issues and he should be! 

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Like Harrell, not sure if they want to spend that kind of money.

I think they’ll do it no problem and it could all work with Harrell but is LP smart enough with his rotations and game planning to utilize a rotation of Collins, Harrell, Capela, Dedmon? ....shouldn’t be too hard but Harrell and capela sharing the court really does no good for LPs offense (for long minutes on the floor anyways )

what a dream would be getting Harrell and bertans! But I know we won’t get that lucky 

10 minutes ago, JTB said:

😂 I love the frustration but you know that’s not true ! Even you said it best trae has the mike Vick effect and I truly believe that! Dude a starting all star in his second ...Resseler is likely going to tell Schlenk to build a winner around trae no excuses and if Schlenk can’t do it he will probably get rid of Schlenk before he gets rid of Trae.

i don’t have insiders like you but I know just like you know it’s about winning but it’s about business too and Trae is loved right now despite those defensive issues and he should be! 

It is frustration. The kid is like Iverson of this generation. It's not a seemless fit but I wish he was.

7 minutes ago, JTB said:

I think they’ll do it no problem and it could all work with Harrell but is LP smart enough with his rotations and game planning to utilize a rotation of Collins, Harrell, Capela, Dedmon? ....shouldn’t be too hard but Harrell and capela sharing the court really does no good for LPs offense (for long minutes on the floor anyways )

what a dream would be getting Harrell and bertans! But I know we won’t get that lucky 

Harrell would play the same role at first but at some point, Harrell will be a starter if Collins can't get it together on defense 

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Harrell would play the same role at first but at some point, Harrell will be a starter if Collins can't get it together on defense 

Starter with Capela???

Edited by JTB

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Thanks for clarifying this.  I keep trying to tell people Edwards shouldn't be our target.  He's a net negative player imho.  And, at best, he's 2-3 years away from actually contributing to winning.

• Like 1