• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Half the season behind us, what FA targets are you most hoping on Schlenk's radar?

sturt

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No it's not, stop lying. His feet are trash. Ersan was taking John off the dribble. Who was TT bust on? Collins. Collins don't move laterally well. He a runner and a jumper. 

Do you think Ersan actually moves better laterally, or that John is just slow to react? I'm not saying Collins has great feet, I'm just saying that's not why he's been bad defensively.

If I could switch Traes feet to John feet on defense, John would have potential defensive baller. If I could switch John want to, willingness to compete, and defensive aggressiveness with Trae, Trae wouldn't be a bad defender at all. Sadly, John feet sucks on D and Trae don't really play defense like he wants it consistently

3 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Do you think Ersan actually moves better laterally, or that John is just slow to react? I'm not saying Collins has great feet, I'm just saying that's not why he's been bad defensively.

He was a straight line drive after dribbling for 3 seconds. It wasn't a rotational blowup. TT tired him too but stopped to bang draw a foul.

Edited by NBASupes

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

I like Mikal but he screams "role player" from the top of his lungs.  He scores efficiently because he takes low volume, high % shots.  That is what  you want from a role player.  If you trade JC, you better be getting a legit starter as a baseline.

That's what I want. I want another wing. Harrell will replace John and is much much better. 

• Moderators
Just now, NBASupes said:

That's what I want. I want another wing. Harrell will replace John and is much much better. 

I want more if we are going to deal JC than Bridges.  He is not close to enough.  

I think you are tilted after yesterday's game which is understandable from what I read about it.  Collins is not a perfect player and has some holes in his game but don't let that blind you to the abundance of great things about his game as well.  We should not be selling him cheap if we entertain that notion at all.

This would be $.25 on the dollar.

• Like 3

I am totally amazed that some posters want to trade Collins for someone like Bridges. How quickly we forget that Collins put up 17 and 20 against the 76ers, or 27 and 12 against the Timberwolves, or 32 and 16 against the Knicks. Take Collins out of those games and we are riding a 9 game losing streak. 10 game losing streak if you want to include his +15, 16 and 8 effort when he fouled out of the Wizards game.

• Like 4

• Moderators
Just now, Buzzard said:

I am totally amazed that some posters want to trade Collins for someone like Bridges. How quickly we forget that Collins put up 17 and 20 against the 76ers, or 27 and 12 against the Timberwolves, or 32 and 16 against the Knicks. Take Collins out of those games and we are riding a 9 game losing streak. 10 game losing streak if you want to include his +15, 16 and 8 effort when he fouled out of the Wizards game.

Our record has been miles better with him than when he has been out.

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He was a straight line drive after dribbling for 3 seconds. It wasn't a rotational blowup. TT tired him too but stopped to bang draw a foul.

I'm not saying better feet wouldn't help, but legitimately Collins gets fooled on the court constantly. There's a lot of plays he could be stopping but he isn't anticipating the action. I do believe he can become an effective defender though, and mitigate the lack of lateral movement.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I want more if we are going to deal JC than Bridges.  He is not close to enough.  

I think you are tilted after yesterday's game which is understandable from what I read about it.  Collins is not a perfect player and has some holes in his game but don't let that blind you to the abundance of great things about his game as well.  We should not be selling him cheap if we entertain that notion at all.

This would be $.25 on the dollar.

Maybe it is but do you really expect to get a fair deal for Collins. Brooklyn was talking to us for Collins for freaking Dinwiddie. No one is going to give us a $1 for $1. Especially if John is going to be a RFA. Get value and move on. 

This is what building is all about. Not hoarding assets and deciding the right time to hold them or fold them. 

John did amazing for us but at the 4, he can defend shit and at the 5 v. An athletic four, it's no better. 

• Moderators
Just now, NBASupes said:

Maybe it is but do you really expect to get a fair deal for Collins. Brooklyn was talking to us for Collins for freaking Dinwiddie. No one is going to give us a $1 for $1. Especially if John is going to be a RFA. Get value and move on. 

This is what building is all about. Not hoarding assets and deciding the right time to hold them or fold them. 

John did amazing for us but at the 4, he can defend shit and at the 5 v. An athletic four, it's no better. 

Yes. I expect that interest in a guy who will be 22 when next season starts and is averaging 20/10 and is under contract for $4M next year and team control for years out should generate a lot of trade interest.  "Get value and move on" is a terrible idea with him.  

Just sign Harrell as a FA.  No need to get fleeced simply to unload JC.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Yes. I expect that interest in a guy who will be 22 when next season starts and is averaging 20/10 and is under contract for $4M next year and team control for years out should generate a lot of trade interest.  "Get value and move on" is a terrible idea with him.  

Just sign Harrell as a FA.  No need to get fleeced simply to unload JC.  

Agreed I would rather just sign Trez and keep Collins and let him hit free agency restricted in 2021 at least this way we will know waaaayyy before this if we should be holding on to him or not long term

Edited by JTB

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I would call PHX and see if they would trade Mikal Bridges for John Collins.

Sorry Bud....One ⭐ Star post. That leaves us with another wing that can't shoot and no PF.

And No....Harrell isn't a starter. He's an Energy big off the bench.

You are just piling on Collins because if last night's game.

Tell LP call some actually plays for Collins from the post. Last season he said he doesn't call plays for him....he should.

Yes, his defense needs work, just like EVERY single player on the squad.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

How quickly some forgot how bad we looked without him for those 25 games. I also said he won't fix all that ails this team.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

I'm not saying better feet wouldn't help, but legitimately Collins gets fooled on the court constantly. There's a lot of plays he could be stopping but he isn't anticipating the action. I do believe he can become an effective defender though, and mitigate the lack of lateral movement.

Collins plays defense like my 11 year old...slow on reaction, instead of anticipation. Film study would help.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sorry Bud....One ⭐ Star post. That leaves us with another wing that can't shoot and no PF.

And No....Harrell isn't a starter. He's an Energy big off the bench.

So ....

I do think Harrell can start but he does get winded kinda easy to me!

a few weeks back when we played the clippers...Harrell was absolutely killing us in the first half! Very similar to Julius Randle the other week but as the game went on vs the clippers JC did start to have his way with them while Trez looked tired out! And vs the knicks JC was giving them buckets right back from the get go.

i still want Harrell I believe he could start if need be but I’m getting the idea that it may be a good idea to invest in both Harrell and Collins long term.....maybe anyways 

17 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

It's not amazing because offense just isn't what we need long term. We need offense and defense.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

I'd trade our pick for Bridges and then flip Collins in a deal for JJJ.

I'm not eager to trade JC but would much rather see him in a deal for JJJ.  I think we could do better than Bridges with our pick.