• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Half the season behind us, what FA targets are you most hoping on Schlenk's radar?

sturt

47 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Bertans, Harris or Gallinari. Need more shooting.

I think Bogdanovic, and Porter are defensively tougher; but I would consider getting Harris and/or Gallinari a successful off season. Schlenk is going to have some tough decisions if he wants to protect our cap for 2021. Very tough decisions.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think Bogdanovic, and Porter are defensively tougher; but I would consider getting Harris and/or Gallinari a successful off season. Schlenk is going to have some tough decisions if he wants to protect our cap for 2021. Very tough decisions.

Those are guards and wings. We don't have no need for wings or guards who need big minutes. 

While I like Harrell, I also like the shooting 4s as well

Edited by NBASupes

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Those are guards and wings. We don't have no need for wings or guards who need big minutes. 

While I like Harrell, I also like the shooting 4s as well

I disagree, we have 15 wins. As far as I am concerned, we need to fill every position with high quality depth. Of course we can't since we would run out of money and this free agent class is not deep enough; but I don't think the strategy is to pigeon hole a position as much as it is to pigeon hole our needs.

Shooting and defense are our needs.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I disagree, we have 15 wins. As far as I am concerned, we need to fill every position with high quality depth. Of course we can't since we would run out of money and this free agent class is not deep enough; but I don't think the strategy is to pigeon hole a position as much as it is to pigeon hole our needs.

Shooting and defense are our needs.

We have 15 wins because our centers are garbage till recently, we rely on rookies who are starting to perform well and we are young as hell. 

E-Z Pass and you know TS will never add them anyway so it's an empty request

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We have 15 wins because our centers are garbage till recently, we rely on rookies who are starting to perform well and we are young as hell. 

E-Z Pass and you know TS will never add them anyway so it's an empty request

I am not going to under sale or over sale these rotations:

Trae, Teague, Goodwin

Huerter, Reddish

Hunter, Reddish

Collins, Fernando, Skal

Capela, Dedmon, Fernando, Skal

Once we make a pick things might be clearer but to say this team is set except for a Backup PF is way premature in my opinion. Like maybe two or three years premature.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

For a championship contender?

To be considered a threat, we have a long ways to go. Three point shooting and defense are some big holes to fill. There are plenty of shooters in this free agent class; but other than Porter Jr, I do not see any gettable worthwhile defenders.

Edited by Buzzard

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

To be considered a threat, we have a long ways to go.

I think we are definitely in the playoffs next year. Beyond that I think we are contending for a championship. Forget the number of years of experience Trae has in the league. He’s ready to win like a 10 year vet right now. 

We are bringing the other rookies and players along who don’t have the learning curve of Trae but I think we are there sooner than later. I’m expecting to be in the finals in 2023. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I think we are definitely in the playoffs next year. Beyond that I think we are contending for a championship. Forget the number of years of experience Trae has in the league. He’s ready to win like a 10 year vet right now. 

We are bringing the other rookies and players along who don’t have the learning curve of Trae but I think we are there sooner than later. I’m expecting to be in the finals in 2023. 

We have to fix defense and shooting and its not like instant rice. I am hoping we get a shooter out of this free agent class locked up long term. We need more than Goodwin; then Huerter or Reddish coming off the bench to shoot for us this time next year.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

After the draft and FA stuff the wings. Do believe we need another with good eyesight. 

SG=Cam, Kevin

SF=Hunter, most likely a FA that can hit threes (asking for a two way player with range may be a pipe dream but is my want). Maybe the draft can cover that but as many have said the draft's quality is heavier with point guards. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, KB21 said:

Looking at the draft prospects for this draft, and this class really sucks.  Atlanta does not need to make that pick.  Trade it for a veteran, or trade it into future picks.  Do not waste that pick in this draft though.

You can't just trade for a veteran. The right ones have to be available and that team has to want to trade that vet for the pick. 

41 minutes ago, Thomas said:

After the draft and FA stuff the wings. Do believe we need another with good eyesight. 

SG=Cam, Kevin

SF=Hunter, most likely a FA that can hit threes (asking for a two way player with range may be a pipe dream but is my want). Maybe the draft can cover that but as many have said the draft's quality is heavier with point guards. 

Like who. No one is available. Otto is having a bad year, he is not opting out. It's an extremely weak FA class at the 3. Same for the draft.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You can't just trade for a veteran. The right ones have to be available and that team has to want to trade that vet for the pick.

Agreed.

As I said in another thread, watching the Cavs take it to us for the second time has me shifting gears a bit.  I'd been worried about finding perfect fits game-wise but I'm starting to think finding right attitudes can be just as important.

We have too many nice guys.  That's why, even though I really don't like Hield, that could actually be a good target for us to inject some fire in the ranks.  Harrell too, even though I'm not convinced of the money-fit.

• Thanks 1

For one example of a SF in the draft that is expected to go mid or late first round. Jordan Nwora can flat out shoot and from range as well. Quick release guy who is not afraid of the glass either. Will need the weight room so how many minutes and how soon, don't know. Gotta be someone this summer whether a vet or a pick. We know TS is pretty good at moving around in the draft. 

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Agreed.

As I said in another thread, watching the Cavs take it to us for the second time has me shifting gears a bit.  I'd been worried about finding perfect fits game-wise but I'm starting to think finding right attitudes can be just as important.

We have too many nice guys.  That's why, even though I really don't like Hield, that could actually be a good target for us to inject some fire in the ranks.  Harrell too, even though I'm not convinced of the money-fit.

He's not a good fit at all. His defense sucks too. Trae's defensive miscues makes roster building hard.

I wouldn't mind packing the pick and Collins for Jon Issac honestly. 

Gives us three extremely strong defenders in Reddish, Issac, and Capela. Hunter has potential to be a strong defender. So we could protect Young like the Sixers protected Iverson

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thomas said:

For one example of a SF in the draft that is expected to go mid or late first round. Jordan Nwora can flat out shoot and from range as well. Quick release guy who is not afraid of the glass either. Will need the weight room so how many minutes and how soon, don't know. Gotta be someone this summer whether a vet or a pick. TS is good at moving around in the draft. 

There is a reason GS traded for Wiggins and Atlanta traded a king's ransom for Hunter. Wings are extremely hard to come by.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's not a good fit at all. His defense sucks too. Trae's defensive miscues makes roster building hard.

I wouldn't mind packing the pick and Collins for Jon Issac honestly. 

Gives us three extremely strong defenders in Reddish, Issac, and Capela. Hunter has potential to be a strong defender. So we could protect Young like the Sixers protected Iverson

That's my thought as well, however, I'm tired of watching lesser teams beat us based off effort/fire.  That Cav team is gah-bage but plays us like they got a chip on their shoulder.  And we're so nice, we don't respond well.

I'm souring on Collins due to defensive impact as well.  Isaac could be a good target but I think our pick+Collins is an overpay.  Isaac is good but he ain't that good.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's my thought as well, however, I'm tired of watching lesser teams beat us based off effort/fire.  That Cav team is gah-bage but plays us like they got a chip on their shoulder.  And we're so nice, we don't respond well.

I'm souring on Collins due to defensive impact as well.  Isaac could be a good target but I think our pick+Collins is an overpay.  Isaac is good but he ain't that good.

They are strong where we are weak. 

Another offensive monster off the bench is needed. 

Harrell

Gallinari 

Bertrans

Get one of them.

I would prefer Gallinari who can spot at the 3.

Get Torrey Craig or Kenrich Williams to pair with Kevin. 

Draft another PG like Haliburton, Ball, Hayes, or Anthony. Move on from Teague. His defense is just as bad as Trae without a quarter of the offensive value.

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Another offensive monster off the bench is needed. 

Harrell

Gallinari 

Bertrans

Get one of them.

I would prefer Gallinari who can spot at the 3.

Get Torrey Craig or Kenrich Williams to pair with Kevin. 

Draft another PG like Haliburton, Ball, Hayes, or Anthony. Move on from Teague. His defense is just as bad as Trae without a quarter of the offensive value.

And roll with Trae / Goodwin?  You mentioned that Goodwin wouldn't really be the kind of guy who can run the offense like Teague does.   What do you think now?