• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Half the season behind us, what FA targets are you most hoping on Schlenk's radar?

sturt

40 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Collins would be great if you are Utah or teams where everyone starting is defensive minded or two way. But for us, I don't see it. For most teams, I think he would be a 6th man. I am pretty sure if you look at Smoove stats for his age, that was impressive too. 

I think I have heard it all. 1st your comparisons of Horford to Malone, now Smoove to Collins, and in between Cam Reddish is possibly going to be the best player in the NBA. Its like there is no middle ground with you. For me, Collins looks like a future 2nd or 3rd tier all star one day. I am good with that unless someone offers us a 1st tier one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Back on the topic, I like in alphabetical order:

Davis Bertans 27, Bogdan Bogdanovic 27, Evan Fournier 27, Jerami Grant 25, Monterzyl Harrell 26, Brandom Ingram 22, Otto Porter Jr. 26, Dario Saric 25, Fred VanVleet 25

Then the old guys @JayBirdHawk like Gasol ( 35 ), Gallinari ( 31 ), Ibaka ( 30 ), Joe Harris ( 28 ).

Provided at least one of them was a shooter and we got one out of each group, I would call that a successful off season. If we get three, I would call that on a roll!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think I have heard it all. 1st your comparisons of Horford to Malone, now Smoove to Collins, and in between Cam Reddish is possibly going to be the best player in the NBA. Its like there is no middle ground with you. For me, Collins looks like a future 2nd or 3rd tier all star one day. I am good with that unless someone offers us a 1st tier one.

f*** you 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He far exceeded by expectations. I thought he be nothing but a dunker when we drafted him.

He did. I feel the same way about Collins but the issue wasn't how he far exceeded expectations. The issue I had was I strongly felt his peak was at best 6th man while many were holding out hope that he's the next Nique or new version of it.

Just now, NBASupes said:

He did. I feel the same way about Collins but the issue wasn't how he far exceeded expectations. The issue I had was I strongly felt his peak was at best 6th man while many were holding out hope that he's the next Nique or new version of it.

Well if you thought 6th man was his peak then you were wrong. For Josh or John. And no one called either the next Nique just because they can dunk.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, High5 said:

Well if you thought 6th man was his peak then you were wrong. For Josh or John. And no one called either the next Nique just because they can dunk.

If you are thinking about current roles, yes. I am thinking about role on a championship level team.

I should have been more clear when I said 6th man. I meant 6th man on a contender. For a loser team like us, John is one of the centerpieces. Same for Josh at that time but when I said it, I was thinking about a ring or multiple rings. 

This is not true, we got search features. A lot of people still felt Josh had star potential at that time. Some felt he was going to be the next Nique.

By the end of his era, guys were lower on him than me. It's crazy how guys just like you turned on him once he got paid but didn't become what they felt he would. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Back on the topic, I like in alphabetical order:

Davis Bertans 27, Bogdan Bogdanovic 27, Evan Fournier 27, Jerami Grant 25, Monterzyl Harrell 26, Brandom Ingram 22, Otto Porter Jr. 26, Dario Saric 25, Fred VanVleet 25

Then the old guys @JayBirdHawk like Gasol ( 35 ), Gallinari ( 31 ), Ibaka ( 30 ), Joe Harris ( 28 ).

Provided at least one of them was a shooter and we got one out of each group, I would call that a successful off season. If we get three, I would call that on a roll!

I'm good with the list for the most part:

Porter Jr will have to take a big pay cut, he can't seem to stay healthy, Fred Van Vleet will come with a hefty price tag and most likely looking for a starting gig, would we need Gasol with Capela and Ded?

I'd add Malik Beasley(SG) and French Frank(PG) and Paul Milsap (PF) to this list.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm good with the list for the most part:

Porter Jr will have to take a big pay cut, he can't seem to stay healthy, Fred Van Vleet will come with a hefty price tag and most likely looking for a starting gig, would we need Gasol with Capela and Ded?

I'd add Malik Beasley(SG) and French Frank(PG) and Paul Milsap (PF) to this list.

I am not thrilled with Frenchy Frank but SAP I am ok with. I like Beasely but he is probably the next player in line for the Timberwolves to overpay and get in cap trouble with 🤣

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

If you are thinking about current roles, yes. I am thinking about role on a championship level team.

I should have been more clear when I said 6th man. I meant 6th man on a contender. For a loser team like us, John is one of the centerpieces. Same for Josh at that time but when I said it, I was thinking about a ring or multiple rings. 

Nah, disagree. John is no Mo Bamba (future best player in the NBA), but he could start for a championship team one day.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, High5 said:

Nah, disagree. John is no Mo Bamba (future best player in the NBA), but he could start for a championship team one day.

Lol. Bamba going to be real good in the future. He's still a project right now. Ya'll gotta chill on project bigs. Jon Issac is looking like a stud but first two seasons, he wasn't much to write about. 

I don't recall best player in the NBA talk on him. I've use that for Zion, Cam, AD, Bagley, Lebron, Giannis, but not Bamba. I don't recall even using it for Embiid who I was extremely high on as a prospect. 

Edited by NBASupes

14 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I am not thrilled with Frenchy Frank but SAP I am ok with. I like Beasely but he is probably the next player in line for the Timberwolves to overpay and get in cap trouble with 🤣

I would have loved to have seen what Mike Budenholzer could have done with Frank.  I was pretty high on that kid in that particular draft.  

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I would have loved to have seen what Mike Budenholzer could have done with Frank.  I was pretty high on that kid in that particular draft.  

He is 6'4" and looks like he has the tools; but most NBA lottery picks look like they have the tools. He will be 22 this year; so there is still some time to see if he can be a starter or quality backup.

• Like 1

Just now, Buzzard said:

He is 6'4" and looks like he has the tools; but most NBA lottery picks look like they have the tools. He will be 22 this year; so there is still some time to see if he can be a starter or quality backup.

Frank is like 6'6. He had a grown spurt a couple years ago. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

He’s also been in probably the worst developmental situation you could imagine for a young player in New York.  I think had he landed with Bud, his pace of development would have been a lot more controlled, and you probably would have seen him develop along the lines that Dennis developed under Bud.  

Just now, KB21 said:

He’s also been in probably the worst developmental situation you could imagine for a young player in New York.  I think had he landed with Bud, his pace of development would have been a lot more controlled, and you probably would have seen him develop along the lines that Dennis developed under Bud.  

Idk about that. He has developed well but he's not used right. My guy Spencer runs a Twitter page with a lot of Frank stuff. Frank is a beast. Sadly NY misuses him. 

A lot of NBA players suffer from bad situations for what they do or a lack of opportunity