• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Half the season behind us, what FA targets are you most hoping on Schlenk's radar?

sturt

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

This is also the reason I am harping for shooters now that we have Capela. Develop a defensive scheme around Capela and Dedmon and get some shooters. Let Reddish and Hunter develop another year and see what happens.

Couldn't agree more.  We are still terribly lacking in consistent shooters.  

• Like 4

hace 6 horas, JayBirdHawk dijo:

Harrell and Dedmon off the bench...Dedmon's ability to spread the floor while Harrell works inside.

If you sign Harrell means he will play 30 min, assuming Collins and Capela also play 30 that leaves 6 min to Dedmon. Let’s assume CLP figures out to exactly use the 6 min of Dedmon with Harrell, then you have to share 24 with either Collins or Capela, I don’t like the fit with Collins or Capela for 12 min each.

Now if you tell me that 12 min are going to be with JJJ and 6 with Dedmon..... hey I can live with 12 min with Capela and all his minutes at PF.

hace 4 horas, macdaddy dijo:

Couldn't agree more.  We are still terribly lacking in consistent shooters.  

I agree, signing players like Joe Harris, Bertans, Crowder or Korkmaz should be a priority, I think we might need 2 to be competitive.

Young/Halliburton/Goodwin 

Harris/Huerter/Reddish

Hunter/Crowder/Reddish

Collins/Bertans/Wood

Capela/Dedmon/Fernando 

let’s go conference finals!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

If you sign Harrell means he will play 30 min, assuming Collins and Capela also play 30 that leaves 6 min to Dedmon. Let’s assume CLP figures out to exactly use the 6 min of Dedmon with Harrell, then you have to share 24 with either Collins or Capela, I don’t like the fit with Collins or Capela for 12 min each.

Now if you tell me that 12 min are going to be with JJJ and 6 with Dedmon..... hey I can live with 12 min with Capela and all his minutes at PF.

96 minutes is what cha got.

20 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I agree, signing players like Joe Harris, Bertans, Crowder or Korkmaz should be a priority, I think we might need 2 to be competitive.

Young/Halliburton/Goodwin 

Harris/Huerter/Reddish

Hunter/Crowder/Reddish

Collins/Bertans/Wood

Capela/Dedmon/Fernando 

let’s go conference finals!!

Schlenk may see us as a weak location to attract any of the top tier free agents in 2021. I really don't think we have a snow balls chance in hell at Giannis, LeBron, George, Leonard, AD, Etc .. Our history definitely supports that assumption. I know he will steer clear of bad signings; but good signings are still tradeable assets. You will not here me gripe if he goes all in on this free agent class; so long as its not stupid signings that get us another Bazemore ( 12 PTS, 4 REB, 3 AST for 17.5M a year ).

Three year deals seem to make the most sense to me on long term signings. By then all our picks should have some direction and we will know what needs to be done. Maybe do team options on the 3rd or even a 4th year.

I think I like that idea better than thinking one of those HOF Players is going to drop in our laps as a free agent.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 3

hace 25 minutos, Buzzard dijo:

Schlenk may see us as a weak location to attract any of the top tier free agents in 2021. I really don't think we have a snow balls chance in hell at Giannis, LeBron, George, Leonard, AD, Etc .. Our history definitely supports that assumption. I know he will steer clear of bad signings; but good signings are still tradeable assets. You will not here me gripe if he goes all in on this free agent class; so long as its not stupid signings that get us another Bazemore ( 12 PTS, 4 REB, 3 AST for 17.5M a year ).

Three year deals seem to make the most sense to me on long term signings. By then all our picks should have some direction and we will know what needs to be done. Maybe do team options on the 3rd or even a 4th year.

I think I like that idea better than thinking one of those HOF Players is going to drop in our laps as a free agent.

I don't think we have a chance at Giannis or Davis. I don't think we should invest 20m$ on Harrell, I think Wood or Bertans are much better fit at lower price. Bertans should command 12-14m$ and Wood should take 8-10m$. Wood has similar RAPTOR WAR stats than Harrell and will only improve. He is a good defender, can space the floor and rebounds well, he is exactly what the doctor ordered for us. I have been saying he was the best fit for us the last 2 offseasons, if Atlanta has not signed him probably won't do it. I knew he could do exactly what he is doing at Detroit now. He is the reason Detroit let Drummond go.

Wood is a great fit next to Collins and Capela, we would have the best young frontcourt on the NBA. But I agree that if we do not see Collins as a piece of our future Harrell would be a great addition, the really important issue is that Wood is a great fit no matter what you add, he is good at everything, offense, defense, rebounding, shooting...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I don't think we have a chance at Giannis or Davis. I don't think we should invest 20m$ on Harrell, I think Wood or Bertans are much better fit at lower price. Bertans should command 12-14m$ and Wood should take 8-10m$. Wood has similar RAPTOR WAR stats than Harrell and will only improve. He is a good defender, can space the floor and rebounds well, he is exactly what the doctor ordered for us. I have been saying he was the best fit for us the last 2 offseasons, if Atlanta has not signed him probably won't do it. I knew he could do exactly what he is doing at Detroit now. He is the reason Detroit let Drummond go.

Wood is a great fit next to Collins and Capela, we would have the best young frontcourt on the NBA. But I agree that if we do not see Collins as a piece of our future Harrell would be a great addition, the really important issue is that Wood is a great fit no matter what you add, he is good at everything, offense, defense, rebounding, shooting...

Part of the 3 year signing plan is to be ready for 2023/24 FA Period. If things don't work out with this seasons signings, Championship Caliber Team is what I am talking about, they all clear and we go again. Most of our young players will be young vets by then. Plus if they are not bad signings a disgruntled superstar package would be easier to put together.

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced this is the free agent period we should own. Its the one we can come from a position of strength. In 2021 we will probably be seen as a superstars bargaining chip at best.

Edited by Buzzard

hace 8 minutos, Buzzard dijo:

Part of the 3 year signing plan is to be ready for 2023/24 FA Period. If things don't work out with this seasons signings, Championship Caliber Team is what I am talking about, they all clear and we go again. Most of our young players will be young vets by then. Plus if they are not bad signings a disgruntled superstar package would be easier to put together.

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced this is the free agent period we should own. Its the one we can come from a position of strength. In 2021 we will probably be seen as a superstars bargaining chip at best.

The only chance we have to be seen as a Free Agent destination is to reach the playoff, win round one and then everything you add is a plus. If we manage to do that you would immediately be seen as a front runner to NBA title, at the end more than half of your core have the best years of of basketball coming in the future, that is a situation you will not have on any other team.

we can get to that position on a healthy season from Capela, Collins, Young,  Reddish and Hunter, add Huerter and Dedmon, Goodwin and a Backup PG and add free agents as Wood, Bertans, Ibaka, Joe Harris, Crowder, Korkmaz.... and you have a playoff team that can be top 4 on the east.

Adding those players this summer gets you to a better position and might bring another price in terms of a superstar free agent. Wood, Ibaka, Harris, Crowder... all of them can be signed for reasonable money that would not put at risk position to sign a top FA on 2021.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

The only chance we have to be seen as a Free Agent destination is to reach the playoff, win round one and then everything you add is a plus. If we manage to do that you would immediately be seen as a front runner to NBA title, at the end more than half of your core have the best years of of basketball coming in the future, that is a situation you will not have on any other team.

we can get to that position on a healthy season from Capela, Collins, Young,  Reddish and Hunter, add Huerter and Dedmon, Goodwin and a Backup PG and add free agents as Wood, Bertans, Ibaka, Joe Harris, Crowder, Korkmaz.... and you have a playoff team that can be top 4 on the east.

Adding those players this summer gets you to a better position and might bring another price in terms of a superstar free agent. Wood, Ibaka, Harris, Crowder... all of them can be signed for reasonable money that would not put at risk position to sign a top FA on 2021.

I don't think their bird rights team are going to let them walk for peanuts. That's the rough part of this class; bird rights teams have a good to great chance of retaining their players with so few teams with a lot of cap space.

Its one thing to say Charlotte is not going to compete with us; its another to think teams are just going to let their own players easily walk. I think we will need to go around 15 million a season to steal someone away.

Edited by Buzzard

Having said all this I am sure I will be completely disappointed with this Offseason. We will not sign anyone like Wood, Ibaka, Harrell, Bertans, Crowder, Harris or Korkmaz... we will sign some other player like Skal Labissiere and we will make the playoffs only if our full core stay healthy for 80% of the season

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Having said all this I am sure I will be completely disappointed with this Offseason. We will not sign anyone like Wood, Ibaka, Harrell, Bertans, Crowder, Harris or Korkmaz... we will sign some other player like Skal Labissiere and we will make the playoffs only if our full core stay healthy for 80% of the season

I think we are going to do some damage in free agency. I really do. Ressler and Trae are already bitching and we just got to the All Star Game. 40 Wins or more next season. I would not want to be LP if we fall short of that.

Then again, taking my millions and getting fired can't be all that bad.

Just now, Buzzard said:

I think we are going to do some damage in free agency. I really do. Ressler and Trae are already bitching and we just got to the All Star Game. 40 Wins or more next season. I would not want to be LP if we fall short of that.

Then again, taking my millions and getting fired can't be all that bad.

I do not see anyone that can be signed this off season that can get this team to 40 wins next year.  It's going to take a big trade for a 6 plus WAR player to do that.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

Harrell won't log 30 minutes.

You know minutes never work exactly the same game to game depending on foul trouble or just how the game flows, what's needed etc.

JC plays the bulk of the minutes at PF, Clint plays the bulk of the minutes at C. Dedmon and Clint gets what left.

It just gives Pierce more lineups to experiment with.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

I do not see anyone that can be signed this off season that can get this team to 40 wins next year.  It's going to take a big trade for a 6 plus WAR player to do that.

I don't agree with that. 1st, 2nd, 3rd year players improve. Capela can improve playing with Trae. I am not buying these players will not improve. 40 wins does not take three All Stars; but we need improvement from our youth and quality depth.

• Thanks 1

hace 56 minutos, JayBirdHawk dijo:

Harrell won't log 30 minutes.

You know minutes never work exactly the same game to game depending on foul trouble or just how the game flows, what's needed etc.

JC plays the bulk of the minutes at PF, Clint plays the bulk of the minutes at C. Dedmon and Clint gets what left.

It just gives Pierce more lineups to experiment with.

I am completely convinced adding a front court player a wing and a forward that can provide defense, experience and shooting will immediately take this team above 40 wins. Add Ibaka or Wood, Jae Crowder and Joe Harris to the natural growth that will add Young, Collins, Capela, Huerter, Hunter and Reddish and you have a playoff team that could beat some teams next year.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I am completely convinced adding a front court player a wing and a forward that can provide defense, experience and shooting will immediately take this team above 40 wins. Add Ibaka or Wood, Jae Crowder and Joe Harris to the natural growth that will add Young, Collins, Capela, Huerter, Hunter and Reddish and you have a playoff team that could beat some teams next year.

I mentioned Ibaka, Gasol, Crowder way back before we got Capela. I still don't mind them but of the three, Crowder is my favorite target now. Besides being a solid player, I think Crowder's experience could help our young wings out a lot.

• Like 1