• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Half the season behind us, what FA targets are you most hoping on Schlenk's radar?

sturt

37 minutes ago, DS5 said:

Harrell will probably command a multi year deal at around $20M. We're paying Capela and will have to extend Collins soon. Like others have said, I'd rather give someone like Millsap and/or Crowder an inflated one year deal and keep our cap space for '21.

I agree about Harrell being in the 20M range. I don't think we are getting anyone 28 or younger under 15M that will have a great impact on our needs.  I would like to know what is the most cap we can use up guaranteed long term and still have a Max open in 2021.

Edited by Buzzard

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

In Lloyd’s crap defensive scheme, I doubt Harrell becomes an even better defender than he currently is.

LPs defensive scheme has won titles in this league. Buds defensive scheme has only won titles with Coach Pop, not anyone who is from the school of Pop. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

New Orleans and BI reps have every intention to sign a max level deal this offseason not to mention, he is a RFA

We disagree.

I'm saying it's unlikely. But an argument can be made. It is plausible.

You're saying it's impossible.

That's overboard, imo.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

It's best that Atlanta does what they are currently planning. 

We agree. Which is why I believe they, at minimum, will make a bid for Ingram. 🙂

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I agree about Harrell being in the 20M range. I don't think we are getting anyone 28 or younger under 15M that will have a great impact on our needs.  I do not know what is the most we can use up guaranteed long term and still have a Max open in 2021.

Depends on which max you are talking - 25%, 30% or 35% max.

Even though it's a deep 2021 FA class, how many are actually worth that Max? Giannis, AD, LBJ, Kawhi, PG, Gobert - only LBJ is at the 35% slot. All the others 30%.

Projected salary cap for 2021 is $125 million.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Depends on which max you are talking - 25%, 30% or 35% max.

Even though it's a deep 2021 FA class, how many are actually worth that Max? Giannis, AD, LBJ, Kawhi, PG, Gobert - only LBJ is at the 35% slot. All the others 30%.

Projected salary cap for 2021 is $125 million.

See you are burning up that peanut I have for a brain. What I mean is say is:

Dollar figure we can spend this free agent season for long term contracts to have 30 to 40 million still free in 2021. We only have one 1st round pick now so that trade should have helped a little.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

See you are burning up that peanut I have for a brain. What I mean is say dollar figure we can spend this free agent season for long term contracts to have 35 to 40 million still free in 2021. We only have one 1st round pick now so that trade should have helped a little.

Lol. I don't feel like looking that deep, but here goes 

We have $54 mil this year to spend in FAcy. If $20 goes to Harrell, one 1st rounder, empty roster charges another $8 mil. If the plan is to sign JC to an early extention I think we'll need some of this season's capspace as well, not sure how much and how exactly it works. If we wait on his extention next season his caphold is $12 million. If we intend to extend Trae in 2021 early, budget cap for that as well.

Current contracts on books for 2021 is approximately $35 mil (including Dedmon's $13 mil and not accounting for any FAs this offseason) - add $20 for  Harrell, $23 for JC (early) , Trae at $31 (early) plus $10 for misc = $119 million or something like that. Or maybe I did that all wrong. Lol

20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lol. I don't feel like looking that deep, but here goes 

We have $54 mil this year to spend in FAcy. If $20 goes to Harrell, one 1st rounder, empty roster charges another $8 mil. If the plan is to sign JC to an early extention I think we'll need some of this season's capspace as well, not sure how much and how exactly it works. If we wait on his extention next season his caphold is $12 million. If we intend to extend Trae in 2021 early, budget cap for that as well.

Current contracts on books for 2021 is approximately $35 mil (including Dedmon's $13 mil and not accounting for any FAs this offseason) - add $20 for  Harrell, $23 for JC (early) , Trae at $31 (early) plus $10 for misc = $119 million or something like that. Or maybe I did that all wrong. Lol

This is what I am thinking: if we spend 20M long term this season, add in Collins cap hold, the rookie picks, and raises we will be hard pressed to have 35 Million free in 2021.

In other words we lose Dedmon's contract ( 13.3 M ) but gain Collins cap hold plus two 1st round picks by 2021, and rookie raises.

I am really thinking Schlenk will go one large 15 - 20M dollar contract and call it a day. Everything else will be short term deals. Unless of course he thinks we are built after this draft and goes all in this free agency.

Edited by Buzzard

I am just not convinced about the fit between Harrell and Capela, I doubt they can play together. Other than that I like the player, I think he would really make us good, but our center is Capela and that leads you to a different direction at the PF.

One thing I was thinking today, would Memphis be interested on a trade Collins+Huerter for JJJ. JJJ, Harrell, Capela and Dedmon might be more playable.

30 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I am just not convinced about the fit between Harrell and Capela, I doubt they can play together. Other than that I like the player, I think he would really make us good, but our center is Capela and that leads you to a different direction at the PF.

One thing I was thinking today, would Memphis be interested on a trade Collins+Huerter for JJJ. JJJ, Harrell, Capela and Dedmon might be more playable.

We played Parker and Jones together offensively and it worked better than Collins and Jones offensively by a mile. 

So why would Harrell who actually can run the PnR extremely well as well as Capela who is very good unlike Jones not work?

1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

@NBASupes do you know if we're still interested in JJJ? I'm not ready to give up on Collins like many of you seem to be, but I'd take that deal in a heartbeat. 

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

We played Parker and Jones together offensively and it worked better than Collins and Jones offensively by a mile. 

So why would Harrell who actually can run the PnR extremely well as well as Capela who is very good unlike Jones not work?

No it didn't. Our offense was so anaemic.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Harrell and Dedmon off the bench...Dedmon's ability to spread the floor while Harrell works inside.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No it didn't. Our offense was so anaemic.

Our offense had a higher rating getting negative value for Cam going through his growing pains and Kevin going through injuries. Both Jabari and Damian had tremendous metrics at that compared to any other time for them within their careers.

You can really argue our offense was better in terms of the bigs producing at that time till recently when we got Teague.

I could post it later.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Our offense had a higher rating getting negative value for Cam going through his growing pains and Kevin going through injuries. Both Jabari and Damian had tremendous metrics at that compared to any other time for them within their careers.

You can really argue our offense was better in terms of the bigs producing at that time till recently when we got Teague.

I could post it later.

No it wasn't.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sturt said:

I'm sayin... "No it wasn't. Yes it was. No it wasn't. Yes it was. My head is spinning. Would someone please just provide some numbers already?"

You didn't get that @kg01?!?

We have never gotten out of the bottom five for any month in offensive or defensive efficiency. The reason we are so bad is because both our defensive and offensive efficiency has been in the bottom all season long. This is also the reason I am harping for shooters now that we have Capela. Develop a defensive scheme around Capela and Dedmon and get some shooters. Let Reddish and Hunter develop another year and see what happens.

• Like 2