• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schlenk singing a Capella tune tonight?

sturt

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, JTB said:

I don’t know I hate the Celtics so it just seem like he gets whatever the hell he wants ALL the time but I definitely also know I am probably wrong about that

They have been in the mix for a LOT of deals and just not pulled the trigger.  I think it is why they have come up short.  They could have dealt for Paul George, Kawhi Leonard, Anthony Davis, Jimmy Butler....but they held out wanting to keep their assets close to the vest and only trade if it was more lopsided in their favor.  So they made some nice lopsided trades but never got that superstar who could push them over the top and they've been a good but not great team every season under Ainge.  That isn't the worst thing in the world but they have failed to capitalize on some big assets that could have pushed them into the finals, IMO.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, JTB said:

if schlenk wants him he better start sangin a little harder cause Ainge is involved now and as much as I hate to say it Ainge gets shit done! 

Ainge's claim to fame was his good friend McHale sending him KG and robbing an overzealous Nets owner with all those unprotected picks.

The one trade he did great on was the Tatum/Fultz trade.

He's been hoarding his assets in lieu if trading them for the Superstars and watching them slowly devalue. The kings pick last year, the Memphis pick this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Im happy with either Adams or Capela honestly, as long as we keep our core guys Im good.

And I want to keep our pick this year. That should be non negotiable unless it a blockbuster like KAT. The Nets pick and/or future protected first can take a hike if we get Capella.

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ainge's claim to fame was his good friend McHale sending him KG and robbing an overzealous Nets owner with all those unprotected picks.

The one trade he did great on was the Tatum/Fultz trade.

He's been hoarding his assets in lieu if trading them for the Superstars and watching them slowly devalue. The kings pick last year, the Memphis pick this year.

My comments above are about Boston post-KG.  Looking back, that first superstar trade (KG) came so easily for him it makes me wonder if he has been unwilling to accept anything less since then.  

The Nets are the poster child for the dangers of prioritizing "winning Now" over draft assets.  Crippled themselves.  They are an extreme example but it isn't hard to find plenty of less extreme examples that burned teams like Orlando dealing Oladipo and Sabonis because they wanted to "win now - we can't wait on the young guys to develop!"

• Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, sturt said:

Fwiw, I'm one of those intrigued by Capella and his relatively team-friendly contract, but this thing doesn't pass the smell test. The assets being talked about going back to HOU just don't seem that compelling.

Could Capella's injury be more significant than anyone is saying? I mean, I know there has to be a physical, of course, but maybe that's the rationale driving the decision, assuming this is all real.

That could be the case. And if it results in us getting a good starting center for cheap then great. He could comfortably take all the time he needs to recover this season. I'm not holding my breath, though.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Why?

Adams is one of the worst starting centers in the NBA. He has zero shot blocking ability. He has zero offensive game outside putbacks or wide open dunks. He can't even hit free throws. The only thing he does is rebound ok. 

Yeah, I'm good. Character guys are great for 10th man on the bench role. Not 25+ million a year starting centers.

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

Neither can Capela. Character guys? 🤷‍♀️ What do you mean? 

You know what I mean. The hustle guys. The glue guys. The skin your knees diving for the pill guys. 

Great for 10th man on a roster. Not great when that's all you got for a starter.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You know what I mean. The hustle guys. The glue guys. The skin your knees diving for the pill guys. 

Great for 10th man on a roster. Not great when that's all you got for a starter.

Oh ok. So your saying Adams is a hustle guy as a starter which is somehow a negative Capela then I assume doesn’t hustle but is the better player? 🤔 

Ohhhhhkay...good enough for me.. 😶 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh ok. So your saying Adams is a hustle guy as a starter which is somehow a negative Capela then I assume doesn’t hustle but is the better player? 🤔 

Ohhhhhkay...good enough for me.. 😶 

I don't think he is saying Capela doesn't hustle.  I don't think the use of the term "hustle guy" has anything to do with Capella for good or ill. 

He is saying that hustling is all that Adams can do because he isn't good enough to be more than a "hustle guy."   

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I don't think he is saying Capela doesn't hustle.  I don't think the use of the term "hustle guy" has anything to do with Capella for good or ill. 

He is saying that hustling is all that Adams can do because he isn't good enough to be more than a "hustle guy."   

Oh ok. I was partially using this new thing I learned called sarcasm. It may have not landed. Back to the lab 🔬.

Ya no I got it. I’m surprised Soth feels that strongly about one over the other. I think it’s a bit closer from watching the two.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh ok. I was partially using this new thing I learned called sarcasm. It may have not landed. Back to the lab 🔬.

Ya no I got it. I’m surprised Soth feels that strongly about one over the other. I think it’s a bit closer from watching the two.

Me:

Image result for me over my head gif"

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'd much rather have Capela than Adams. 

They each have their pros and cons. I think Adams would be more useful on the offensive end. Our perimeter guys would get more open looks coming off of those screens and he has some skill at moving the basketball around. Capela is more of a one-trick pony on that end. On the other hand, Capela is a more active defender. Which is important given our deficiencies on the perimeter. They have both been exposed in the playoffs to some degree, but they would certainly help us get there. Which is the first step.

• Like 2