• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schlenk singing a Capella tune tonight?

sturt

I just looked over another post on that other board and it ask a valid question. If Minnesota is going nowhere this season, would it not behoove them to add two picks to their arsenal in the hopes of swinging another deal later on or just keeping the picks?

Covington's value next season as a one year rental will in all likelihood not net them two 1st. Why not pull the trigger while the getting is good?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

I just looked over another post on that other board and it ask a valid question. If Minnesota is going nowhere this season, would it not behoove them to add two picks to their arsenal in the hopes of swinging another deal later on or just keeping the picks?

Covington's value next season as a one year rental will in all likelihood not net them two 1st. Why not pull the trigger while the getting is good?

Why does that franchise do anything?  So poorly run.  Why're they so high on Russell anyway?  He doesn't fix what ails them.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Why does that franchise do anything?  So poorly run.  Why're they so high on Russell anyway?  He doesn't fix what ails them.

I think Russell would help them in one area big time. Three point shooting/stretching the floor at the point of attack. Something Teague was not willing to do. They still need defensive help; but if Covington could not fix that, asking Russell to would be a bigger stretch ( pun intended ).

Edited by Buzzard
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

There is an old saying about where I reside, and it's true.  "We're 2 hours from anywhere!"  So, wherever you are, you are at least 2 hours away!

:sun:

When I lived in Atlanta I use to say it takes at least 30 minutes to get anywhere, including the grocery store, to get a haircut, or get gas. Now I live in Cincinnati and I can get to a grocery store in less than 10 minutes; same for a hair cut or gas station.

Just now, JTB said:

Wait one damn minute! How bad is that Capela injury ?????

He would have to pass a physical unless that is waived. No one is going to waive a physical when it involves picks and 15 - 18 million dollars.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

He would have to pass a physical unless that is waived. No one is going to waive a physical when it involves picks and 15 - 18 million dollars.

It sounds like he may pass it but be out a long time though from what I’ve read ....or can you not have any injuries whatsoever during a physical?

Just now, JTB said:

It sounds like he may pass it but be out a long time though from what I’ve read ....or can you not have any injuries whatsoever during a physical?

You can have trades for injured players. The team just has to agree to it. I am pretty sure its short term and Schlenk is not worried about him missing games this season. Its the long term outlook for Capela he will be concerned with when it comes to health and the physical.

Just now, Buzzard said:

You can have trades for injured players. The team just has to agree to it. I am pretty sure its short term and Schlenk is not worried about him missing games this season. Its the long term outlook for Capela he will be concerned with when it comes to health and the physical.

Ok I figured this. Just making sure there wasn’t something I didn’t know. Long term I don’t believe capela heel is major or anything but if we get him he may not play his first game until middle of March according to these reports 

• Thanks 1

We need to run a poll.

Who squawk likes better.

A. Adams

B. Capela

C. Drummond

D. Stand pat (minor deal maybe)

I know it depends on the assets we give up but in the end if we get each on a good trade, who is the best fit here. I usually have a pretty decisive opinion but a bit torn here myself.

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Ok I figured this. Just making sure there wasn’t something I didn’t know. Long term I don’t believe capela heel is major or anything but if we get him he may not play his first game until middle of March according to these reports 

Even if he can't play till March, you think Atlanta cares? Just as long as it doesn't have long term effects, Atlanta will be happy to do the deal. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Even if he can't play till March, you think Atlanta cares? Just as long as it doesn't have long term effects, Atlanta will be happy to do the deal. 

Right ...yeah I just wish he could play right away if we got him but much rather he’s fully healthy so yeah I’m sure Schlenk won’t care

• Premium Member
On 2/2/2020 at 7:55 PM, REHawksFan said:

I'm of the opinion that JC is not the number 2 option on a title team which is to say he shouldn't be considered off limits imo. I'm hoping Schlenk feels the same way, especially if JC could bring a big return that fits with Trae. 

He's not the number 2 but could be the number 3 player on a title team. Should not be considered off limits but it's close. Unless you get a perennial All-Star back you don't move him. 

• Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

He's not the number 2 but could be the number 3 player on a title team. Should not be considered off limits but it's close. Unless you get a perennial All-Star back you don't move him. 

It feels like and I’m just saying this based on how I read it but it feels like Schlenk and the front office don’t want to pay Collins his money until they get the sure number 2 option guy but it also sounds like they believe that guy could be Reddish but perhaps not knowing the timeframe of course when he will take that step .

so it’s like they don’t want to lock into Collins without knowing the sure number 2 option seems like to me.

• Moderators
28 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

We need to run a poll.

Who squawk likes better.

A. Adams

B. Capela

C. Drummond

D. Stand pat (minor deal maybe)

I know it depends on the assets we give up but in the end if we get each on a good trade, who is the best fit here. I usually have a pretty decisive opinion but a bit torn here myself.

I'll set one up.  Can you guys not create threads with polls right now?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JTB said:

It feels like and I’m just saying this based on how I read it but it feels like Schlenk and the front office don’t want to pay Collins his money until they get the sure number 2 option guy but it also sounds like they believe that guy could be Reddish but perhaps not knowing the timeframe of course when he will take that step .

so it’s like they don’t want to lock into Collins without knowing the sure number 2 option seems like to me.

I don't think that is it at all. Schlenk has consistently said he thinks a team can compete while also continuing to draft well and be on the look out for trades. I think he sees Collins as a valuable player when it comes to competing and it will take a haul to pry him lose.

• Like 2