• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schlenk singing a Capella tune tonight?

sturt

Just now, LucastheThird said:

If Houston trades with Washington instead of us, that isn't Schlenk valuing his draft picks too high. Washington came in with a better offer than us. 

There's a difference in trying but getting beat vs not trying at all. 

That said, there is a chance this offer was never made. My guy said Washington has had a change of heart in moving Bertrans and Capela has injury concerns as well. Maybe just maybe the Atlanta deal is closer than said. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Capela and it's not close. Adams also has a trade kicker. 

That being said, there is advantages of Adams contract ending when Trae's money is due. We can do a Brook Lopez cap favorable deal at this point. 

You can't have two answers Supes!   Which contract provides the Hawks the best flexibility?  It's got to be Adams for the reason you said.  

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

You can't have two answers Supes!   Which contract provides the Hawks the best flexibility?  It's got to be Adams for the reason you said.  

Capela, you have more options to add more talent around the team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

This is a tough one. My heart says Adams and my brain says Capela...

I know. I'm being torn in different directions. My heart was already set on Adams after Drummond talked himself out of being traded and now Capela rumors are making me think differently now.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Wrong thread?

Ha....I was in the wrong thread!

I think both their contracts are fine for future flexibility. Both allows max cap in 2021 for the FA bonanza.

Capela's dollar amount vs Adams' contract length. The value for me is what we'll give up to get either.

Capela's deal will be on the books when Trae, Huerter and Collins are extended which I don't think will hinder us. We can also look to move Capella close to his deal expiring for value if we chose.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Ignoring age and contract who is the better fit?

I like Adams slightly better.

My fav things about him.

Durability..toughness...and he’s got a little passing tough for a big he’s crafty.

Capela is the better individual defender but not sure about schemed team defenses because Adams looks like he anchors down and I like that a lot.

Plus he sets wider screens than Capela which is HUGE for Trae..even a 0.02 adv off a screen is something.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

If Houston trades with Washington instead of us, that isn't Schlenk valuing his draft picks too high. Washington came in with a better offer than us. 

There's a difference in trying but getting beat vs not trying at all. 

Well, the bottom line is this.  Try or no try, the Hawks have to win next season for Travis Schlenk and Lloyd Pierce to keep their jobs.  That’s the ultimatum that should be given by ownership.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Do either hinder our cap flexibility heading into the summer of 2021? 

Adams comes off the books while Capella is under contract for $18.8M and $19.6M the next two seasons.  Neither seems like a problematic scenario from a cap perspective.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Well, the bottom line is this.  Try or no try, the Hawks have to win next season for Travis Schlenk and Lloyd Pierce to keep their jobs.  That’s the ultimatum that should be given by ownership.  

Everyone agrees that we need to win next season. But heads shouldn't roll because another team came in with a better offer at the trade deadline and TS couldn't do the deal he was working on. I'm still willing to give him space to work.

Come summer league though, this team better look better on paper or I'm right there with you. 

• Like 1

I think when Ainge gets involved any good GMs like that you need to make a decision do you want dude or not! Don’t waste too much time on this guy cause those slime balls in Boston can’t be trusted nor can morey in HOU.

theyll tell Schlenk “yeah we’ll do the trade” then switch up on him last minute on Thursday at 2:59pm!

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, JTB said:

if schlenk wants him he better start sangin a little harder cause Ainge is involved now and as much as I hate to say it Ainge gets shit done! 

Ainge has held back from pulling the trigger on a lot of deals.  He always want something lopsided in his favor.  To his credit, he has managed to get exactly that a lot of times but I wouldn't say he is someone who has been aggressive about outbidding others.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Ainge has held back from pulling the trigger on a lot of deals.  He always want something lopsided in his favor.  To his credit, he has managed to get exactly that a lot of times but I wouldn't say he is someone who has been aggressive about outbidding others.

I don’t know I hate the Celtics so it just seem like he gets whatever the hell he wants ALL the time but I definitely also know I am probably wrong about that

• Premium Member

Fwiw, I'm one of those intrigued by Capella and his relatively team-friendly contract, but this thing doesn't pass the smell test. The assets being talked about going back to HOU just don't seem that compelling.

Could Capella's injury be more significant than anyone is saying? I mean, I know there has to be a physical, of course, but maybe that's the rationale driving the decision, assuming this is all real.