Schlenk singing a Capella tune tonight?

sturt

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, enrique said:

The Ringer has the same information.

Now I understand what @NBASupes referenced regarding the Wiggins/Love part of the deal.

Wiggins needs to go out as part of the Russel trade but GSW doesn't want him. So Hawks jump in and reroute him to Cavs while we get Love. I still think we shouldn't facilitate this portion of the deal without compensation and like I've said before not a fan of getting Love and his contract.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Ringer has the same information.

Now I understand what @NBASupes referenced regarding the Wiggins/Love part of the deal.

Wiggins needs to go out as part of the Russel trade but GSW doesn't want him. So Hawks jump in and reroute him to Cavs while we get Love. I still think we shouldn't facilitate this portion of the deal without compensation and like I've said before not a fan of getting Love and his contract.

At this point I'm in favor of K.I.S.S. and just acquiring Adams or Capela in a single deal. Worry about the rest over the summer.

Not overly interested in facilitating bigger deals for other teams, especially if it is at the expense of getting what we ultimately covet (a legit Center).

• Premium Member

(Airport layover giving me a chance to catch up.)

Count me with those who have almost zero interest in Adams, short of them giving him away.

And the major appeal of Capela is the contract in view of his overall production. I'm content with acquiring him, but he's not some significant difference maker, and ideally, I instead want a significant difference maker to somehow find his way onto this roster.

It's not clear how that happens as I sit here on 2/4/2020, but still got time between now and the start of the 2011 season, when I expect us to start being widely considered as a legit contender.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

At this point I'm in favor of K.I.S.S. and just acquiring Adams or Capela in a single deal. Worry about the rest over the summer.

Not overly interested in facilitating bigger deals for other teams, especially if it is at the expense of getting what we ultimately covet (a legit Center).

I would too. 

But if Minny pulls out because GSW backs out, then if Houston backs out because they can't get RoCo - then deal dies unless Rockets are just hell bent on getting out of Capela's deal.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, sturt said:

Count me with those who have almost zero interest in Adams, short of them giving him away.

And the major appeal of Capela is the contract in view of his overall production. I'm content with acquiring him, but he's not some significant difference maker, and ideally, I instead want a significant difference maker to somehow find his way onto this roster.

It's not clear how that happens as I sit here on 2/4/2020, but still got time between now and the start of the 2011 season, when I expect us to start being widely considered as a legit contender.

I can't think off hand of a true difference maker thats available at the deadline, but what we get in Adams or Capela is a true NBA starting Center. Doing so limits Collins having to play major minutes at C if nothing else.

• Like 3

I think Adams is looking way more likely and I'm quite okay with that.  He will cost us less to acquire and will provide us very similar fit.  I would go for Capela first as well, but if that complicated deal starts to fall apart, no worries.  We won't be held to ransom or to eat K. Love.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sturt said:

Consider yourself 'busted', time-traveler.  "Airport layover"?  Yeah, ok.

Gimme some lotto numbers or I'm turnin you in.

On topic, I'm cool with us getting Capela and there's nothing in my posting history that would suggest otherwise.

I mean, it's not like we got a time-traveler up in .... oh, crap!

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Consider yourself 'busted', time-traveler.

On topic, I'm cool with us getting Capela and there's nothing in my posting history that would suggest otherwise.

You're sure now :liar:

:rtfm: here's what you said about Capela

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

I'm cool with Capela OR Adams! we need a respectable starting C both those guys are it so we can salvage the remainder of the season with some semblance of a starting lineup to help bring along the yunguns.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Consider yourself 'busted', time-traveler.  "Airport layover"?  Yeah, ok.

I'm confused by most of that, except somewhere in there I think my integrity was unduly assaulted. Ouch!

2020-02-04_0834.png

• Haha 3

I think the kicker is GSW is really unsure if they want to unload Russell. Maybe at the deadline it happens but I am not feeling GSW giving up Russell anymore. I think this one is dead.

Edited by Buzzard

1 hour ago, sturt said:

I'm confused by most of that, except somewhere in there I think my integrity was unduly assaulted. Ouch!

2020-02-04_0834.png

Leave it to stu to turn an absolutely perfect joke into a philosophy class.

You said '2011' when we all know you meant 2021.  I was having some fun at your expense, brother.  And, if you're really in CLT, check out the rocking chairs.  That's about all that crappy airport has to offer.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

@kg01 I whiffed on the typo, and I whiffed on the joke. What can I say. I'm a flawed man. Please forgive. Or, maybe I can blame the rocking chairs.

Maybe get some Bojangles before you leave town.  Then I'll consider forgiving.  Oh and go see @Gray Mule.  IIUC he's not far from there.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

If It were up to kg, we’d be watching Collin Sexton pick n roll with Josh Okogie for the next 10 years.....

loss_for_words.gif

You said "Collin" "Sexton" but you meant "Monta" "Ellis".

Dude, what TF was I thinking back then?  I blame you and supes.  Why didn't yall smack me on the back o' the head?

• Haha 3